Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

OT: Giants return!!!

958 views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  ladodgers 
#1 ·
Very stoked to see (World Champs) SF back on the field in official play! Who's watching opening season? Anyone making the trek to LA?

Let's Go Giants!

#8 ·
It has to start somehow.

Tejada is going to have to do a lot to win me over. I didn't like the acquisition and muffing a routine double-play last night didn't help things.

Kershaw was very impressive. You can't argue with 10 strikeouts. As a Giants fan with Aces we have to tip our cap to that kind of thing, Dodger Blue or not. I saw nothing struck well at all. Lincecum didn't have his best stuff but his ability to work with what he's got is amazing. Three of the Dodgers 6 hits were squibs and only one hit was well struck. Hitting Uribe was weird but Tim was awesome overall. One can see how good how was when you see how Casilla was handled. Make no mistake about it, the Dodgers were ready to play.

Saw some old Giants tendencies; one-pitch at bats, Sandoval swinging at pitches outside the strike zone. Hitting into double-plays. Grrrr.....

On the other hand, a sweet play by Sandoval going a long ways for a foul pop-up. Had a nice diving catch of a liner, too. Huff made another fine play cutting off a drive to right-center in the first. He had a nice play against the A's hard to his left, too. Burrell got beat on a fly ball, muffing a hop. Yet it was another poorly struck ball by the Blue's, spinning like crazy, hopping and spiraling as it came off of the grass. Torres got beat on a drive to his feet later but it had the same spin. Tough, tough plays to look good on. I'm glad we don't play on Astroturf anymore.

Belt's presence was described as solid, especially in context of a Giants team that was off a beat. Any misplay like one of the rest of the team would have been chalked-up to a rookie mistake. He had none. Nice. However, I've yet to see Belt do anything of note in the 6 games I have seen him play. His first hit was a hit just barely. Mostly I have seen him ground out; the precursor to hitting into double-plays. I usually watch the Giants out of the corner of my eye until May, though.

Sure missed the Kruk-Kype-Miller-Flemmeing team. The Hershiser, Valentine, and Shulman team did fine but that constant stream of baseball talk seems like yammering. When our guys do it at least they are talking about our guys in ways we already understand. They have established the context of the Giants over years. We are spoiled.

#17 · (Edited)
Hey Blue, give me a break.

The Dodgers look like the old Houston Astros who succeed through bleeders and slap shots, fisting balls and spinning them off the turf. The only person hitting the ball with any authority was Kemp, and I got to say he's really impressive. Aside from that the Dodgers aren't showing anything in fact if it wasn't for the Giants just not being sharp at all, you'd have nothing to brag about.

10-zip today. The Giants smashed the ball all over the park. No bleeders, no slap shots, just good hard hitting. Oh, and Matt Cain. He's the stopper. Today the Dodgers got to see Champions.

And today we got to see the classic LA fan (which I believe is very different from a Dodger fan BTW.) Actually it was not seeing them as they headed for the exits by the 7th inning.

#18 ·
Berkeley Mike said:
Hey Blue, give me a break.

The Dodgers look like the old Houston Astros who succeed through bleeders and slap shots, fisting balls and spinning them off the turf. The only person hitting the ball with any authority was Kemp, and I got to say he's really impressive. Aside from that the Dodgers aren't showing anything in fact if it wasn't for the Giants just not being sharp at all, you'd have nothing to brag about.

10-zip today. The Giants smashed the ball all over the park. No bleeders, no slap shots, just good hard hitting. Oh, and Matt Cain. He's the stopper. Today the Dodgers got to see Champions.

And today we got to see the classic LA fan (which I believe is very different from a Dodger fan BTW.) Actually it was not seeing them as they headed for the exits by the 7th inning.
Kershaw's performance was pretty good on opening night, but what do I know? I'll go back in my hole. Going for a ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.