mtbr member
    Oct 2009

... and if we just ... OT: Extreme Stoke'age - Got my invite to the Old School BMX Reunion!

Every year, I have missed this incredible event. The OSBMXR is by invite only, you have to show proof of age (35+ only), and proof that you were a BMX rider from the 80's and 90's by submitting a picture. Well, I got mine! There is a waiting list and a rider cut-off - I'm just happy to get the invite.

I grew up by posting BMX Plus and Freestylin' magazine cutouts of the legends of the sport: Matt Hoffman, Dave Voelker, Martin Aparijo, Kevin Jones, Eddie Fiola, and many, many others. Well, Not only do I get to meet and hang out with these guys who I admired so much as a kid, I get to RIDE with them! Imagine me in a flatland session with Eddie Fiola or Dave Nourie? Who would'da thunk it?

Anyway, it is the weekend before Sea Otter and I know most really don't care about my BMX ramblings, but I am just so stoked that I get to be part of this and wanted to share my stoke'age!

It is held at Woodward West where "MegaRamp" is. Yeah - I ain't hitting that, but I will be more than happy to show pictures of the insanity.

mtbr member
    How does one even get on the list to get on the list?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OT: Extreme Stoke'age - Got my invite to the Old School BMX Reunion!-bmx-40.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by squareback View Post
    How does one even get on the list to get on the list?
    Aside from the age requirements, All the past invitees get first dibs, then they go to the waiting list. Here's the site with instructions: Old School BMX Freestyle Reunion

Please tell me you still ride BMX! If you go, you can't show up without a 20"...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Please tell me you still ride BMX! If you go, you can't show up without a 20"...
    None of that fancy new stuff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OT: Extreme Stoke'age - Got my invite to the Old School BMX Reunion!-1976-redline.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    NICE! I ride a 2000 GT Pro Performer. Heavy as sin (32.4lbs), and thought about upgrading the frame to something new school but after yesterday's flatland session, I've decided that it's just right for me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Every year, I have missed this incredible event. The OSBMXR is by invite only, you have to show proof of age (35+ only), and proof that you were a BMX rider from the 80's and 90's by submitting a picture. Well, I got mine! There is a waiting list and a rider cut-off - I'm just happy to get the invite.

I grew up by posting BMX Plus and Freestylin' magazine cutouts of the legends of the sport: Matt Hoffman, Dave Voelker, Martin Aparijo, Kevin Jones, Eddie Fiola, and many, many others. Well, Not only do I get to meet and hang out with these guys who I admired so much as a kid, I get to RIDE with them! Imagine me in a flatland session with Eddie Fiola or Dave Nourie? Who would'da thunk it?

Anyway, it is the weekend before Sea Otter and I know most really don't care about my BMX ramblings, but I am just so stoked that I get to be part of this and wanted to share my stoke'age!

It is held at Woodward West where "MegaRamp" is. Yeah - I ain't hitting that, but I will be more than happy to show pictures of the insanity.

That looks like a great time; enjoy