Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Crazed Country Rebel

Organizing Cheering Section for Mike V's Arraignment Tomorrow 6/2 2PM

I can probably go tomorrow. Who else is in?

What rules of the courthouse should we be aware of beforehand?

I assume pictures are allowed in courthouses?

WILEY W. MANUEL COURTHOUSE
    661 Washington Street, Oakland
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

aka baycat
    Pants are optional from my past court dates.

Please take pictures.

Team Chilidog!
    Yes, please take lots of pictures and post them here. I want a clear look at his face before I ever ride in East Bay, and warn my friends who already ride there.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Rules: no weapons, cameras or recording devices in the courtroom (w/o press pass). Dress professionally/respectfully: it's a courthouse. Put on a collared shirt, or suit up as for work. No outbursts, cheering or disruption. No soy products. (Okay, made that last one up)

Cameras ARE allowed outside in the public venue... look for him, stake it out, have others outside to verify where he goes. Send the press to interview him.

I'd think a DSLR with a rapid frame rate and a 200mm lens ought to be effective for many photos of the perpetrator, from a safe distance. He's apparently known to bite, after all.

Medium?
    No way I can make it, much as I'd like to. I used up my day-off last Friday. I'd wear an MTB jersey, but not mtbr.com please. Bring a drawing pad if you can draw. I always loved those courtroom drawings. Someone take notes. It will be quick. He'll plead not-guilty and they'll set another court date of some kind.

Be cool, as in silent and respectful. Don't antagonize the defendant (other than wearing a jersey to identify why you are there). This isn't the hearing scene from Animal House.

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by EBasil
    Rules: no weapons, cameras or recording devices in the courtroom (w/o press pass). Dress professionally/respectfully: it's a courthouse. Put on a collared shirt, or suit up as for work. No outbursts, cheering or disruption. No soy products. (Okay, made that last one up)

Cameras ARE allowed outside in the public venue... look for him, stake it out, have others outside to verify where he goes. Send the press to interview him.

I'd think a DSLR with a rapid frame rate and a 200mm lens ought to be effective for many photos of the perpetrator, from a safe distance. He's apparently known to bite, after all.
    Not sure if I want to bring my good camera - in the unlikely event Mike causes any trouble. Nevertheless - will do what I can to get some decent pics!

Specialized sucks dong

Obi
    mtbr member
    Is it going to be a general araignment or a formal one. IOW is there a scheduled time for him to appear or is it one of those things where you could be sitting in the benches for hours on end?

I might just have to attend myself.

EDIT..from the other thread.

Party Name Hearing Date/Time Department Case Type Case Number
    VANDEMAN, MICHAEL JOSEPH 02-Jun-2010 14:00:00 112 Criminal 00443657

Dept Floor Judge/Comm.
    112 6A THOMPSON-STANLEY, TRINA (SJ)
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

Obi
    mtbr member
    *X-post from the other thread..

For posterity.. I am now also in posession of the print off of that page. Gonna keep it for a while then consider whether or not to auction it off on ebay when I'm in my later years and needing cold hard cash.

The ad will read.. "The Other Day The World of Mountain Biking Changed".

I'm also trying to reach Mike Sinyard as well as Gary Fisher..if anyone has more pull please get in touch with them and ask that they please show up at this hearing as representatives of our industry it will create a strong powerful presence the press can't help but ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by http://police.berkeley.edu/bulletins/05282010.htm

Daily Activity Bulletin
    University of California, Berkeley
    Police Department
    Date: Friday, May 28, 2010
    Case Number and Assigned
    Classification(s) Synopsis
    Officer(s)

Communications M. Erazo
    Corporal T. Zuniga

10-02122
    Alarm Activation 12:12 AM - Alarm activation #2000054201. Unknown cause, reset. M. Wyckoff

10-02123
    12500a VC 2:10 AM - WU, Yiting (FA-20-O) cited for being an unlicensed driver, 2600 N. Hernandez

blk Durant.

10-02124
    Fire 4:10 AM - Trash can fire, IFO 2610 Channing Way. BFD responded, M. Wyckoff

extinguished by UCPD.

Field Interview Card 3:00 AM - Suspicious person, IFO 2515 Channing: C. Manchester

(FB-32-O).

Field Interview Card 3:20 AM - Lodging, Crossroads: M. Miceli

(FW-52-O).

Communications A. Duffy

T. Morrison
    Sergeant(s) M. Shipman

10-02125
    Alarm Activation 6:30 AM - Alarm activation #2000037803, employee error: RODRIGUEZ, M. Shipman

Carmen (FHA-E), reset.

10-02126
    148 PC 7:38 AM - CASTELBLANCO, Seamus (MW-27-O) resisting arrest and duty R. Florendo
    834 PC to submit to arrest, JGP. Warrant to be sought. Under investigation. A. Jacobs

10-02127
    245 PC 9:07 AM - (MW-33-O) victim of assault via saw, East/West Trail. S. Aranas
    626.6 PC

SUSPECT: VANDEMAN, Michael J (MW-67-O) arrested for two counts of

assault with a deadly weapon, and excluded from UC campus for 7 days,

3025 Bateman St, Berkeley, to BPD Jail. Case closed.

10-02128
    Alarm Activation 10:03 AM - Alarm activation R. Florendo

A. Jacobs

Page 1 of 2
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

jrm
    mtbr member

Are there bike racks there?

Great reason to hit merchants and last stand. Wear what you'd wear if riding.. Also its BART close...
    Last edited by jrm; 06-01-2010 at 06:58 PM.
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member
    From my limited experiences in courthouses - no hats or sunglasses.

Big thank you to every body that is going. Wish I could be there.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

rj2
    mtbr member
    Send my KPIX neighbor camera man and Gary Fisher messages referencing these two threads.
    We take care of your technology needs so you can focus on what's important.

mtbr member
    What time does the tailgate party start?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Crazy is as crazy does. This needs to haunt him forever.

YESBRO!!!
    Is he in custody or not? If he is he will be brought in through a secure area and if not, then he may enter through the front door like the rest of us (non-perps).

Young, Shawn Young
    Here are the charges and a picture:

http://police.berkeley.edu/crimealer...52810-37NC.htm
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

mtbr member
    wish I could attend, in fact everyone at the shop would love to be there.. Get some good photos Chuck!!!

Perhaps when this is all said and done, I can have this story published in BIKE.....would be a great article!!
    HANK & FRANK BICYCLES Lafayette
    Service Manager
    www.hankandfrankbicycles.com

Medium?
    Very likely ROR since he lives in the neighborhood and has owned his house for many years.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have a meeting. I hope a ton of MTB'ers show up and cause such a rukus that it makes the news tonight. Please report back here!

ballbuster

... and video!

Quote Originally Posted by baycat
    Pants are optional from my past court dates.

Please take pictures.
    Most digital cameras take pretty decent quality video these days.

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion
    I have a meeting. I hope a ton of MTB'ers show up and cause such a rukus that it makes the news tonight. Please report back here!
    I don't plan on raising any sort of "ruckus." I plan on attending, taking pictures when possible and taking notes. I don't want to be involved with any effort that makes us look like a frenzied fringe group.

Specialized sucks dong

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    Most digital cameras take pretty decent quality video these days.
    Not allowed in court, is it?

Specialized sucks dong

ballbuster

Anybody contact the media?

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    I can probably go tomorrow. Who else is in?

What rules of the courthouse should we be aware of beforehand?

I assume pictures are allowed in courthouses?

Seems to me this has sensationalism all over it. I mean, a vigilante cutting mountain bikers? I dunno... could backfire. I would just love to see him all over the 6 o'clock news.

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005

brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Dion
    that'll make us mountain bikers look like a great buncha folks in the public eye, won't it? awesome idea...

mob mentality, no matter how righteous the mob thinks it is, or how seemingly justified the behavior seems in the heat of retaliatory anger, always ends up ugly. let the process take place. crazy old kook is going to court, and there is already a mountain of evidence. organizing a "cheering section" sounds just a little bit creepy to me. unless you were directly assaulted by the guy, do you really have any reason to be there? "to see that justice is carried out"? no.

if you really get off on watching the process of our court system at work, please at least be respectful of the proceedings and stand silent witness. causing a ruckus will only make us look like a bunch of rabid ******s, which then lumps us in the same crazy boat as ol' mikey V as far as the general public is concerned.
    hold my beer...

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by MtotheF
    that'll make us mountain bikers look like a great buncha folks in the public eye, won't it? awesome idea...

mob mentality, no matter how righteous the mob thinks it is, or how seemingly justified the behavior seems in the heat of retaliatory anger, always ends up ugly. let the process take place. crazy old kook is going to court, and there is already a mountain of evidence. organizing a "cheering section" sounds just a little bit creepy to me. unless you were directly assaulted by the guy, do you really have any reason to be there? "to see that justice is carried out"? no.

if you really get off on watching the process of our court system at work, please at least be respectful of the proceedings and stand silent witness. causing a ruckus will only make us look like a bunch of rabid ******s, which then lumps us in the same crazy boat as ol' mikey V as far as the general public is concerned.
    It ain't gunna happen, Mike. Of those I know of planning to attend - all are mellow dudes. (Except for me of course - but I'll behave! )

There is real value in knowing what happens at this hearing. In knowing what the outcome is, etc. Mountain bikers need to know who this guy is - to protect ourselves and avoid confrontation when we cross paths.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MtotheF

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this whole thing is getting creepy.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast