Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    banned
    May 2013

Open letter to the Tamarancho/Flow Trail Pass Nazis

Thanks for not being out there today!

Great weather, great new trail and no wannabe hall monitors.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    No idea what you're trying to accomplish, but if you didn't buy one: stop being cheap and support the trail.

banned
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.george View Post
    No idea what you're trying to accomplish, but if you didn't buy one: stop being cheap and support the trail.
    Quick! Duck! Something just flew over your head!

(I'm going to assume that you will continue to struggle with this so here's a clue for you: We have a family pass. We're not cheap (unless it's beer in Mexico but that's a different story) and we do support the radness that is the Flow Trail. This thread relates to the annoying hall monitors that were out last week asking folks multiple times if they had a pass. These dweebs are not employed by the BSA they just were flexing their wannabe crossing guard muscles. Funny, yet sad)

pro leisure tour
    Am I the only one who finds it a bit sad that a thread was started for this? Someone needs to do some growing up, me thinks.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them yours

banned
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyJay View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it a bit sad that a thread was started for this? Someone needs to do some growing up, me thinks.
    Open letter to the Tamarancho/Flow Trail Pass Nazis-internet_serious_business_bush.jpg

mtbr member
    This thread doesn't deserve a response, but for the small chance that this will help to educate someone:

Think, really think for a second. What is more likely,

that the volunteers at Tamarancho who asked (politely, dickishly, or in between) were honestly trying to spread the word that riding without a pass is not OK and to encourage people to pay

or that they were covertly assuming an authority that they don't have just to give other riders a hard time, because this somehow pleases them?

Totally serious question. Which do you think was the case? No need to post your answer.

/never asked anyone for their pass

banned
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Snfoilhat View Post
    This thread doesn't deserve a response, but for the small chance that this will help to educate someone:

Think, really think for a second. What is more likely,

that the volunteers at Tamarancho who asked (politely, dickishly, or in between) were honestly trying to spread the word that riding without a pass is not OK and to encourage people to pay

or that they were covertly assuming an authority that they don't have just to give other riders a hard time, because this somehow pleases them?

Totally serious question. Which do you think was the case? No need to post your answer.

/never asked anyone for their pass
    Wait one minute there Captain Drama.
    "Doesn't deserve a response?
    "no need to post your answer?"

It's really simple. The foolish self-absorbed ****tards that were trying to be hall monitors are idiots.

Reality check: We're just riding bikes on random patches of dirt. There is no need for pass checking freds to insinuate themselves into the process of normal folks enjoying the trails.

p.s The "volunteers" that you mention have no authority (legal or moral) to ask fellow riders for proof of pass purchase. Those folks are idiots of the first degree.

mtbr member
    I guess it's just different perceptions, man. The guy who stopped me to ask for my pass explained that asking for my pass was exactly what he was volunteering to do. I took him for his word and didn't get all persecution complex about it. Sorry your feelings were hurt.

banned
    May 2013
    I guess it's just different perceptions, man. The guy who stopped me to ask for my pass explained that asking for my pass was exactly what he was volunteering to do. I took him for his word and didn't get all persecution complex about it. Sorry your feelings were hurt.
    Hey goofball.

Nobody ever asked me for my pass (reading comprehension is your friend here, have an adult explain this thread to you already)

My feelings have never been hurt (really, are you that frail?). I am laughing at sheeple like you though, man.

mtbr member
    I'm so with you. It's like, just the thought that someone might ask you for a pass 'cause you read that it happened to somone else is like such a source of anxiety, and then when it didn't actually happen, but you had worried that it might happen, but then it didn't, you still had to make a thread about how it would have been such a bummer so it was despite it didn't happen but it might have. Total bummer. Who needs that kind of anxiety. I seriously feel you, man.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    So, SlowHakkaPilot when are you going to open up a flow trail for use by the public? I would love to try it out. When you ask to see my pass, that should be clearly displayed, that shows that I helped contribute monetarily to the trail that you spent many many days building. I will make sure to blow you off as the "wannabe hall monitor" that you must be.

Look at it from the perspective of the builders and maybe you will see that they very likely only have good intentions for their actions.

banned
    May 2013
    I'm so with you. It's like, just the thought that someone might ask you for a pass 'cause you read that it happened to somone else is like such a source of anxiety, and then when it didn't actually happen, but you had worried that it might happen, but then it didn't, you still had to make a thread about how it would have been such a bummer so it was despite it didn't happen but it might have. Total bummer. Who needs that kind of anxiety. I seriously feel you, man.
    Look here dweeb and you might understand.

Silly hall monitor dweebs (like you?) were reported to be out there last weekend.

It was refreshing not to have to encounter these buzz kill dweebs (like you?) out on some really fun trails today.

No anxiety here sweetheart. Just normal folks laughing at you.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Just a heads-up for other reasonable people on the forum. A quick look at someone's other posts on various subjects is a good way to help use an extremely useful tool on this site. There is an ignore list! Keeps the trolls at bay!

Thank you forum moderator for including this feature.

I do enjoy thoughtful discussion, and sites like this are a great way to gain perspective. The VAST majority of people I read on this forum have something useful to say, even when I disagree. Sometimes though, the ignore list helps with the quest to find useful discussions. Just saying.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SlowHakkaPilot View Post
    Thanks for not being out there today!

Great weather, great new trail and no wannabe hall monitors.
    What is your favorite brand of flame bait? Trolling ain't easy.

Sent from CouchPad via Outer Space

banned
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by j__h View Post
    So, SlowHakkaPilot when are you going to open up a flow trail for use by the public? I would love to try it out. When you ask to see my pass, that should be clearly displayed, that shows that I helped contribute monetarily to the trail that you spent many many days building. I will make sure to blow you off as the "wannabe hall monitor" that you must be.

Look at it from the perspective of the builders and maybe you will see that they very likely only have good intentions for their actions.
    More silliness.

The builders/volunteers have no moral or legal standing to ask folks to show a pass (unless they have been granted that authority or are representatives of the BSA).

I have looked at it from the perspective of the builders and I understand that their "good intentions" are baseless and simply rooted in the wrong kind of wannabe cop/ranger, etc. BS.

banned
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    What is your favorite brand of flame bait? Trolling ain't easy.

Sent from CouchPad via Outer Space
    Maybe I should post many vacuous posts about how cool it was "back in the day" trying to ride kiddie BMX bikes around Santa Cruz.

Yeah, I'm laughing at your posts. All of the time fred.

mtbr member

Look here dweeb and you might understand.

Silly hall monitor dweebs (like you?) were reported to be out there last weekend.

It was refreshing not to have to encounter these buzz kill dweebs (like you?) out on some really fun trails today.

No anxiety here sweetheart. Just normal folks laughing at you.
    At one of the places I frequent, there's a $3 entrance fee for non-pass holders. $4 for out of state plates. It's done via the honor system- there's nothing stopping someone from skating through, grabbing a day pass, putting it on their windshield, and calling it a day.

I've paid that entrance fee every single time. Crowded days, empty days, nice days, absolutely freezing days when there were no other cars in the lot or riders on the trail. I could have saved a good deal of money by not paying, but y'know what? It's worth paying for something you value. It pays to keep the park open, pays for trail maintenance, and ultimately, allows for a scarce resource to be enjoyable for all.

So keep flinging crap at the "hall monitors" because it's the real buzz kill dweebs like you who get trails shut down and give mountain bikers the designation as bad trail users.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    More silliness.

The builders/volunteers have no moral or legal standing to ask folks to show a pass (unless they have been granted that authority or are representatives of the BSA).

I have looked at it from the perspective of the builders and I understand that their "good intentions" are baseless and simply rooted in the wrong kind of wannabe cop/ranger, etc. BS.
    That is your opinion and judging by the responses here your opinions appear to be quite poor.

mtbr member
    LOL at you, SlowPakkaPilot. You are a mess.

banned
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by PantslessWithWolves View Post
    So keep flinging crap at the "hall monitors" because it's the real buzz kill dweebs like you who get trails shut down and give mountain bikers the designation as bad trail users.
    Wow. You're really confused.

Question #1: How do I get trails shut down?

Question #2: How do I give "mountain bikers the designation as bad trail users?"

Question # 3: ESL?

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure this isn't trolling. It looks like a cry for help, to me. Someone needs to clap this guy on the back next time you run into him. He'll be the guy with the watering device, awesome attitude, big smile for all the riders he doesn't know but believes are fundamentally good guys. Can't miss him.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Actually, I have a question.

I have been to Tamarancho one time and bought a pass and had it displayed on one of my front cables, easily visible. Out of the 20 or so other riders that I saw not one had a pass in plain sight. Are people simply not displaying their passes, not getting passing, or did I just miss them and most people do have them displayed?

Seems that some oversight is needed.

> /dev/null 2&>1
    SlowHakkaPilot is right, I mean, especially with the nazi comparison here. I mean, first its innocuous volunteers asking if you bought a pass. But, who knows where this could go. Next, we'll actually have to show the pass, or, wear a band on our arms. Soon we'll be burning large piles of Mountain Bike Action magazine and Dirt Rag. This aggression will not stand, man. Read my lips. We must oppose this tyranny!!!.

You know, I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of a highspeed washout without knee or elbow pads". Those words were so true, both then and now.

Crazed Country Rebel
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Internet_serious_business_bush.jpg 
Views:	2811 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	796418
    Of course you would have to be an anti-George W Bush, ObaMao supporter! Not that this has anything to do with politics - but it's obvious your left wing bent drives your trolling!
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

banned
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ddprocter View Post
    SlowHakkaPilot is right, I mean, especially with the nazi comparison here. I mean, first its innocuous volunteers asking if you bought a pass. But, who knows where this could go.
    To be clear here, there was not a single dweeb out today that asked us if we had a pass. Refreshing.

Regardless, why do these "innocuous" volunteers think that it is ok for them to accost riders in Tamarancho?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast