Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    swag ho Administrator

Ok, who got a new camera?

Let's see what you got. Let's exchange some camera and shooting tips.

Got my wife one!!!

fc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ok, who got a new camera?-pc260006.jpg  

PRETENDURO
    So, looks like the slot car setup was purchased for your son, with your underlying intentions being that you would be the one playing with it, however your daughter now thinks it’s hers.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    i like the slot car shot!!

didn't get any camera gear for the holidays (i have everything i could want in that regard, if not too much!), but my wife and son did have several of my wildlife and scenic shots framed so we can put them up on the walls (many of which i've posted here).

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I think my new years resolution is to sell my crappy 5dmk2 and go mirrorless

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rox View Post
    i love the mirrorless cameras...i bought a nikon j1 and then a v1 kit..my wife is using the j1 and i have started taking it on mtn bike rides (when i'm riding that is). really good iq and best of all, focus speed/accuracy. plus the nikons are stupid cheap right now.

but for most of my shooting i'm still using my d4....

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    the only thing making me hesitate is the quality of the lenses. I dont see anything even close to an f2.8. On my 5d I use a 50mm f1.4 and a 28-70 f2.8L. Someone convince me I dont need anything like that

Quote Originally Posted by cohenfive View Post
    i love the mirrorless cameras...i bought a nikon j1 and then a v1 kit..my wife is using the j1 and i have started taking it on mtn bike rides (when i'm riding that is). really good iq and best of all, focus speed/accuracy. plus the nikons are stupid cheap right now.

but for most of my shooting i'm still using my d4....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    with the nikons, they are starting to come out with some fast glass. they have a 10mm 2.8 that people like a lot and a new 18mm 1.8, and there is also an adaptor (ft-1 i believe) that allows you to use all of their bigger glass.

considering the j1 or v1 with the basic 10-30mm lens (which imo works pretty well) is only $300 now, these things are ridiculously cheap for how they perform...imo.

ask
    user
    the only thing making me hesitate is the quality of the lenses. I dont see anything even close to an f2.8. On my 5d I use a 50mm f1.4 and a 28-70 f2.8L. Someone convince me I dont need anything like that
    Can't you use an adapters on the EOS-M to use your other 5D lenses?
    Canon EF-M Lens Adapter Kit for Canon EF / EF-S Lenses 6098B002

Maybe that is a question for Camera Reviews, Digital Camera Reviews & Photography

mtbr member
    Why is your 5dmk2 "crappy"?

swag ho Administrator
    I'm not seeing any new cameras...

gopros? phones??

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    guruatma got a gopro....i have too many cameras already.

i am probably getting a galaxy s3 phone today...i am upgrade eligible. the phone is $100 but if you trade in your existing smartphone you get $50 back, and there is an additional $50 gift card, and lastly a $25 google play credit...so basically the phone is free! hard to beat that for a current model (i know there will be a quad core s4 soon) that is pretty highly regarded.
    Last edited by cohenfive; 12-26-2012 at 02:41 PM.

ask
    user
    No new cameras for Christmas... But I traded up my Hero 2 to a Hero 3 Black a few weeks back. I had it on backorder for a month or so. The video quality seems a bit better than the Hero 2... but with all the rain, I have not had too many chances to ride / test it. The OS seems somewhat buggy (locks up occasionally). A bit better after the firmware updates... but still buggy.

Other than that, I am looking at getting a mirrorless camera sometime soon. I tried using my iPhone 4S as my main still camera, but it seems to be too slow / blurry when taking photos of my crazy kids. My DSLR takes much better shots (esp in low light).

Last edited by ask; 12-26-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typo

mtb'er
    I scored one of these:

swag ho Administrator
    Here's some Olympus OM-D ad Gopro action. OM-D was with a 1.7 lens. The GoPro was shot at 120 fps. Then slo motioned down to 30 fps of Imovie.

Even when I'm screwing around I'm learning...

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Bought myself a Panasonic LX5 on closeout from BH photo for $249 to replace my older point and shoot.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

I Ride Bikes
    got me a GoPro3
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

mtbr member
    I got the GoPro Hero3 Black...
    Now trying to learn what to do with it.

Ben
    Looking for that perfect trail…again…and…again…and…again…

mtbr member
    Gopro Hero 3 Silver. The bike mounts should get here by the weekend, so I can have some fun!
    我的镀铬光泽的冰柱一样,我骑在镇附近在我的低骑手自行车

swag ho Administrator
    Got my wife the Olympus E-PL5. Photo John said it's just like my Olympus OM-D but without the viewfinder and some other feature. $600 bones but it is so tiny and she can use all my OM-D lenses from work.

Plus I know how to use it. Learning how to use and be comfortable with a real camera takes a month I think.

She has a Nikon 5000D from Costco and that behemoth takes awful video.

Here's the camera with a long lens 14-50 lens. There's a sweet lens for it the same thickness as a lens cap. Stealth!

fc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ok, who got a new camera?-334296_10151287895648213_757848081_o.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    No new camera, but I got a box of 4x5 Provia, so you could say I got a new 100 megapixel sensor.

Also got a new 105mm polarizer for both the 4x5 and the d700.

It's about showing up.
    This camera has additional functions. Imaged captured with another camera which is also a phone but with similar additional functions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ok, who got a new camera?-121227_christmas_6863e.jpg  

I don't rattle.

It's about showing up.
    UPS showed up. Shot with iPhone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ok, who got a new camera?-121227_nikon_18300_6899e.jpg  

I don't rattle.

bike buster
    I got a Nikon D5100 for Xmas and picked up the book 'Understanding Exposure' yesterday. Hoping I will be able to take some mtbr post worthy shots at some point. Was looking at something like squashyo's Olympus OM-D EM-5, but, at half the price with a lens, the D5100 was a little more reasonable for a first 'real camera.'

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jdubsl2 View Post
    I got a Nikon D5100 for Xmas and picked up the book 'Understanding Exposure' yesterday. Hoping I will be able to take some mtbr post worthy shots at some point. Was looking at something like squashyo's Olympus OM-D EM-5, but, at half the price with a lens, the D5100 was a little more reasonable for a first 'real camera.'
    If you plan on shooting action sports a DSLR is generally easier to work with. AF tracking is faster/more accurate in most cases (although that doesn't matter if you work in manual and pre-focus) and the usable ISO range is normally larger.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jdubsl2 View Post
    Niiice jdubs.

Consider the Olympus E-PL5 (even though you just got the Nikon). It is $600 and it is truly unbelievable. It pwned my OM-D today in a shootout. I haven't found its weakness yet other not having enough dials for aperture and shutter speed settings.

So small too. Here it is with the Iphone using a useable pancake lens.

fc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ok, who got a new camera?-pc280002.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast