Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bike buster
    Yeah that's definitely way more portable than the Nikon I just got (that Rachel got for me . But I wanted the dials / adjustments for aperture, shutter speed, etc. for the sake of learning photography theory over a point & shoot that does all the work. I have a Nikon S8100 that I carry around as well, which is alright for the shots I want to take with it.

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Finally entered the digital age and got an iCamera. I it's a pretty solid camera and has all the LTE goodness to upload pics.

I also snagged a Panisonic Lumix GF3 with a 20mm pancake lens... bad timing on that buy, takes great pictures, but since it's not as portable as the iCamera 5 and I have to manually upload pics it gets left at home too often.

In the spirit of using the Panisonic more... any suggestions on a compact 4/3 lens for mountain biking pics that offers decent zoom functionality?

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    they still make provia? I remember how much money I used to waste on 35mm velvia and processing before I went digital. I guess if you are shooting medium format theres still no replacement

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Unfortunately Provia is one of only 2 slide films left in production (the other being Velvia 100). Over the last year Velvia 50, Velvia 100F, Astia, 100G and 100V have all been discontinued. I'm really bummed about Astia as I'm on my last box. Kodak Ektar is a C41 film that actually comes pretty close to the saturation/contrast of E6, but who know's how much longer you'll be able to buy Kodak film.

I came at this backwards, I originally got serious with photography using DSLRs in 05. I wasn't happy with the quality of large prints and eventually wound up at 4x5. There still isn't anything digital that comes close without spending $50k for an IQ180.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jdubsl2 View Post
    Yeah that's definitely way more portable than the Nikon I just got (that Rachel got for me . But I wanted the dials / adjustments for aperture, shutter speed, etc. for the sake of learning photography theory over a point & shoot that does all the work. I have a Nikon S8100 that I carry around as well, which is alright for the shots I want to take with it.
    Well if Rachel got it for you then you need to keep it for a lifetime. How come there's no announcement thread?

fc

bike buster
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Well if Rachel got it for you then you need to keep it for a lifetime. How come there's no announcement thread?

fc
    There was. On Facebook.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2