mtbr member
    Sep 2008

O/T (just a little) - Bay Area Super Prestige

Any thoughts on this? Ive never done Cross before but I'd like to stay in shape & avoid the threat of winter fatness! What Ive seen of it seems to be a bit of a riot, fun but crrraazzyy..

mtbr member
    May 2007
    If you got the bike, why not.

Well, you do need a few things.............

You have to like mud, and even look for it on a trail like you would a jump on a mountain bike. And the taste of mud can't bother you either...........I can be a 2nd childhood when you at dirt at 2yrs old .

You have to like running with your bike on your shoulder. There are somethings you just cant climb on a CX bike.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

just another bleepin SSer
    Don't need the cross bike. I raced for my first 2 seasons with a hard tail mountain bike (minor mods - like taking water bottle cages, seat bags, and bar ends off). You'll peg your heart rate right from the start, but finish and want to do it all over again next week.
    Last edited by singlespeed.org; 10-14-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    --
    Getting old, fat, and slow...
    Business: www.calkayakermag.com
    Personal: www.singlespeed.org
    自転車が好きだよ

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

no mud, this is California

The super prestige races are fun!

As a mtn biker I would highly recomend the one in Golden Gate Park as well as the last one of the series @ Coyote Point. Both of these have lots of nice dirt and fun trail to rail.

The CCCX races are good also, much of the same course as the mtb XC races @ Ft. Ord.

Good times watching roadies try and ride in the dirt.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yep I reckon Im gonna go for the one in GG - tearing around the park w/o getting chased by Parkie sounds like fun!

bicycle rider
    My thoughts are; fun, beer, food, friends, best racing, great courses, beautiful scenery and an interesting rumor! I'll be there.

Yeah, bring your mtn bike and do the C or B race. Or just bring beer and a cowbell and make a lot of noise. I'll be racing or at the Team Oakland tent, come say hi.

Morgan