mtbr member
    May 2011

North Yuba River Trail - Downieville conditions?

Has anyone ridden this trail recently? Is there any snow or excessive mud on the ground? Thinking about riding this as an out and back this Friday.

North Yuba River Trail - Downieville by mountainbikemayhem at Garmin Connect - Details

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006

North Yuba River Trail - Downieville conditions?

Yep I rode North Yuba, North Yuba Connector, Halls Ranch, and Fiddle Creek on Sunday and there was no snow and no mud anywhere (on these trails). Conditions were great...36 degreed at the Connector trail head in town at 9 am and then quickly warmed to the upper 60's. Just a few downed trees but not bad and some thick winter debris on the trails (ie thick bed of leaves and duff and what not) but conditions were awesome. We were the only bikers there that we could tell.

Conditions could be slightly different with the rain last night and today though as I'm not sure how much rain they're getting

padded
    I was wondering the same thing, called the Yuba last week but they're still closed for the winter.
    I may go up with the family over Easter weekend and ride up Third to the snow, will let you know what I find if I do.
    "You are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met."

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Awesome, thanks for the intel. I think we're going to end up riding the same ride you did on Sunday (Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Adventures in Downieville (ride cut a bit short..) near Alleghany | Times and Records | Strava) except we're going to start at Indian Valley, ride to Downieville via North Yuba Trail, then back to Halls Ranch via mostly North Yuba (my buddy wants to avoid the road as much as possible), then down Indian Valley. Sound like a doable route? I hope the area isn't getting too much rain and drys out by Friday...