mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Noob seeking Noob in Santa Cruz

Whats up I am just starting to ride again after 8 years and seeking another noob to ride a learn/build skills with with and also some motivation.
    I had built an SC Chamelon back in 03/04 rode some easy trails and never really progressed on my skills due to a new family and laziness Flash forward to now picked up a Superlight quit smoking and ready to ride and learn!
    If anyone wants someone to ride with hit me up.Also planning on taking advantage of the noob rides posted here. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

noob is as noob does...

Quote Originally Posted by SCFast View Post
    If anyone wants someone to ride with hit me up.Also planning on taking advantage of the noob rides posted here. Thanks
    Congrats on getting back into riding. One of your best options is the weekly MBOSC rides at Wilder Ranch. Once a month there is also a slow ride, the next one being on 12/22.

Here is the info:

Weekly Ride | Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz (MBOSC)

-j

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks how did i not know about this? lol I guess google is my friend (sometimes)

Wēk Ss
    are you hot?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    WTF does that have to do with anything? But Yes...At least that's what the girls at the bunny ranch say

Wēk Ss
    WTF does that have to do with anything? But Yes...At least that's what the girls at the bunny ranch say
    you posted as personals ad, following up on the theme.

Good to hear. Got a pic. You know what's coming next.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    you posted as personals ad, following up on the theme.
    Hmm i guess i did.well then are you STD free?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post
    Congrats on getting back into riding. One of your best options is the weekly MBOSC rides at Wilder Ranch. Once a month there is also a slow ride, the next one being on 12/22.

Here is the info:

Weekly Ride | Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz (MBOSC)

-j
    Whoa nice find. I live like a mile from here and have just been riding alone since I moved here except for when getting lost in a pack of riders.

Wēk Ss
    Hmm i guess i did.well then are you STD free?
    Unfortunately no. I have AIDS and herpes.

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymouseTech View Post
    Whoa nice find. I live like a mile from here and have just been riding alone since I moved here except for when getting lost in a pack of riders.
    MBOSC, every rider should be made aware of them. They are very active in the MTB community, and helping lots with new trails and the like. Go join a few rides with them. I would, if I were local to them. I know a few people that ride with them, though I can't comment on their group rides. The people are all cool.

Wēk Ss
    Took me a bit to find the links, but here are some more that I have ridden with.

San Jose Mountain Biking (San Jose, CA) - Meetup
    South Bay Mountain Bike Group (Santa Clara, CA) - Meetup

They are not SC specific, however. They do have regular rides in the area like Wilder and De La.

Edit: it looks like there is a De La Veaga ride on Friday and a Nisene and Wilder ride on Saturday.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    whoa you get around!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Took me a bit to find the links, but here are some more that I have ridden with.

San Jose Mountain Biking (San Jose, CA) - Meetup
    South Bay Mountain Bike Group (Santa Clara, CA) - Meetup

They are not SC specific, however. They do have regular rides in the area like Wilder and De La.

Edit: it looks like there is a De La Veaga ride on Friday and a Nisene and Wilder ride on Saturday.
    Great links. Thanks for the info

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Everytime there is a new face, a question like that pops up.

The toothless, flatheaded CHUM has been loosing his appeal for awhile now. You can still balance a pliny on his head though.

I like mtn biking, too
    I ride with mbosc a bit.. they are great! People are pretty patient and social on these group rides. Events | Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz (MBOSC) Usually there is a fast group and a slow group even if it's not the monthly slow ride. Check 'em out! Wilder is a good place to progress your skills - not scary but lots of variety.
    Never use your face as a brake pad.
    -Jake Watson

mtbr member
    I don't mind riding with new/returning people. I need to work on my own skill-set.

I'm probably doing the MBOSC ride this Saturday at Wilder, maybe the one at Demo on Sunday.

Feel free to PM me if you want to meet up.

Puro Vida!
    On hot days he can't sit on his saddle for longer than 30 minutes before the pain becomes too much. He also wears a full face helmet to hide the outbreaks occasionally. Don't let him take you on a ride alone! Watch out for Dion too-he likes chon chon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

MBOSC Ride at Wilder

Although I don't participate in this particular ride, it's a well attended co-ed ride.
    Our group sometimes sees them at the Twin Gates. Keep in mind that the ride is cancelled if it rains in the preceeding 48 hours.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by terravelo View Post
    Although I don't participate in this particular ride, it's a well attended co-ed ride.
    Our group sometimes sees them at the Twin Gates. Keep in mind that the ride is cancelled if it rains in the preceeding 48 hours.
    I'm going to try to head out to this one tomorrow morning if I can get up in time. I don't think it rained the past two days. At least I hope it didn't. I just want to ride somewhere that isn't an exercise bike or pavement!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.george View Post
    I don't mind riding with new/returning people. I need to work on my own skill-set.

I'm probably doing the MBOSC ride this Saturday at Wilder, maybe the one at Demo on Sunday.

Feel free to PM me if you want to meet up.
    Hmm is this the same chris george who knows Bill?

mtbr member
    Hmm is this the same chris george who knows Bill?
    I know a few people named Bill, yup.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I know a few people named Bill, yup.
    LOL i guess i should be more specific without using full name South dakota bill,autox bill?

mtbr member
    LOL i guess i should be more specific without using full name South dakota bill,autox bill?
    Don't think so.

I grew up in the East Bay. But that's weird that there's another Chris George in the area; we're not rare per se, but I haven't met another one anywhere near me before. I wonder if I'll be looking in the mirror....

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Don't think so.

I grew up in the East Bay. But that's weird that there's another Chris George in the area; we're not rare per se, but I haven't met another one anywhere near me before. I wonder if I'll be looking in the mirror....
    Yeah if you don't drive a boxster your not the guy. It's hard to find somebody with 2 first name's especially the same
    You going riding this weekend?

mtbr member
    I was hoping to. Probably Sunday - but I might be heading to this with a friend, if they don't confirm I'm down for something else.

Wilder but Mellower - Beginner C paced ride - San Jose Mountain Biking (San Jose, CA) - Meetup
    or
    Arastradero ( casual/social pace ride) - South Bay Mountain Bike Group (Santa Clara, CA) - Meetup

The friend is a *real* beginner so we'll see!