It's about showing up.

No fun at Crockett Hills yesterday

I went out to Crockett Hills yesterday first thing an the parking lot overflowed by 8:45 AM. I got a say this is been a fantastic opportunity to meet hundreds and hundreds of mountain bikers. Everyone is interested in hearing the story of how these trails came about.

With each passing weekend more of the riders are familiar with the trails but still about one third need some direction. The 50 maps I brought disappeared quickly.

I know this sounds sappy but I've got a say that I'm really impressed with the character of our community. I have met so many fantastic, supportive people out there. While I didn't ride much I did get to visit and take a lot of pictures. So since it's raining I thought I'd publish a few.

I'm putting together a PowerPoint presentation for the EBRPD Board of Directors Tuesday. My story will be one of managing a very fertile opportunity, describing the positive response of our community, and our part ainhelping to usher in this new venue.

And if any of you out there have some pictures you can publish I'd like to see them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No fun at Crockett Hills yesterday-1boardchills_2579.jpg  

No fun at Crockett Hills yesterday-2a150404chillrlag-0052.jpg  

No fun at Crockett Hills yesterday-3a150328chills-9976b.jpg  

No fun at Crockett Hills yesterday-4a150404chillrlag-0066.jpg  

No fun at Crockett Hills yesterday-5a150404chillrlag-0098p.jpg  

No fun at Crockett Hills yesterday-6a150404chillrlag-0118p.jpg  

No fun at Crockett Hills yesterday-7a150404chillrlag-0133p.jpg  

No fun at Crockett Hills yesterday-8a20chillssolucky.jpg  

I don't rattle.

bike wisperer
    Mike,

There is nothing wrong with sappy. I perceive you love people. I find that it's not always easy to do that. When the parking lot or trail gets crowded, good people will become more patient and advocate the sport rather than look out for themselves.

Great photos. Some days the mix of sunshine, filtered light, color, bike, trail, people is like music. Thanks for the goodwill you spread, for the photos you have posted, and for the wholesome activity you advocate.
    Consciousness, that annoying time between bike rides.

It's about showing up.
    Thank you for your kind thoughts.
    I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Love seeing the posts about Crockett Hills, but you might want to consolidate all of this into one thread so it's easy to follow and find the most up to date information.

It's about showing up.
    Sure, that is another way to do it. It is just that there is so much info to be had. Each of the threads were posted to highlight particular topics over the last several years, most recently the last 2 months. Finding certain kinds of information (maps, closures, latest conditions, parking, riding unauthorized trails, publication, lost iPhone, special rides groups, trail work....) all within one post makes its own problems.

However, since you asked, i will post this images within this particular thread as the likely hood of someone looking for "guy pointing at Tree Frog Loop Trail" won't need a special thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No fun at Crockett Hills yesterday-150404chillrlag-0066.jpg  

I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Is there any gnar out there? Is my 8" travel bike too much?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yes your 8" travel bike is too much ,but you could have fun anyways.