mtbr member
    May 2010

Newb looking for riders near modesto/stockton

Just like the title says. I am an out of shape newb looking for fellow riders to ride with and gain experience. If you are looking for someone to ride with and not afraid of the fact that i am a newb and out of shape drop me a line.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Hi! I wouldn't say that I'm out of shape, but I am looking to gain some mountain biking experience. I visit my mom in Stockton about twice a year and always bring my mountain bike. I am also looking for someone to go biking with! I'd like to go to these trails I just found:
    http://mtb.live555.com/mtb-norcal.html#northern-sjq-val
    Bear Creek and Coyote Point just 22 mi East of Stockton.
    I'll be free to do these after about June 16th for a week or so.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    check out hogans reservoir, the guy at performance bicycle in stockton put me on to that place. great for beginners, blacks n blues all day. fell in love with the place the first day i went there!
    why would you want 2 deploy with someone that trains 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year? go active duty!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    sorry i didnt click on the link, but that is exactly whre i'm talking about!
    why would you want 2 deploy with someone that trains 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year? go active duty!

mtbr dismember

Check out these links

Quote Originally Posted by iluzhun
    Just like the title says. I am an out of shape newb looking for fellow riders to ride with and gain experience. If you are looking for someone to ride with and not afraid of the fact that i am a newb and out of shape drop me a line.
    Check out these links:
    http://test.ogrehut.com - Based in Stockton
    http://trogspace.com/forums - Trail Riders of Greater Stanislaus (County)
    And I have a map and information on New Melones, a popular "close" ride.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    That SCAAB link is bad (way old). Here's the linky: http://www.scaab.bikeaddict.com/

I live in Stockton, and can hook up w/ riders once in a while- PM me. Check out Glory Hole at New Melones, too.

Ran into a guy in town the other day who's just starting out, too. I'll see if I can drag him along.
    Information on the trails at New Hogan Lake, Calaveras County, CA.

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Hey... Hogan is the closest. Red Hills, New Melones are a bit further with Peoria right near red hills.

mtbr member
    Hey, FP and Ogre!

Count me in! I'm from stockton also.

Are you guys really gonna do the Arnold rim trail on the 4th of July weekend?

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    I'm going to ride the ART on the 4th and camp up at BV. Trying to find someone with local knowledge on the ART but probably just ride it off the site if I can't find wanyone

Quote Originally Posted by 0gre
    I'm going to ride the ART on the 4th and camp up at BV. Trying to find someone with local knowledge on the ART but probably just ride it off the site if I can't find wanyone
    This sounds like fun- you going up Sat or Sun?

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    This sounds like fun- you going up Sat or Sun?
    Sunday AM. Probably leave around 8am.

mtbr dismember

Map/GPS please!

The ART website is worthless. I keep hearing about this wonderful trail system. It would be nice if you could find "the map" for it, scan, and post a good copy. A GPS track would also be nice. I am not at the stage that I can be wandering around too much yet. My first Tahoe ride in four years next Tuesday! Be just like our first one all over again

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Went to Big Trees (Just up from Arnold) this past weekend. We headed out to the South Grove for a 12 mile loop. It's all fire road with some pretty big hills. Trail starts at 4400' elevation and goes up to 5600'. We didn't make the entire loop. Don't know if it was the hills, the elevation (I usually ride at or near sea level) or a combination of the 2, but I found it a bit difficult to catch my breath. Then again, I'm a middle aged, out of shape smoker (and a beginning mountain biker) . But there was a lot of nice scenery and I would like to do the loop again when I'm in better shape.

Whatever happens to these people? They post about wanting to meet riders in the Stockton area and want to know where the trails are. Then we never hear from them again!

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Whatever happens to these people? They post about wanting to meet riders in the Stockton area and want to know where the trails are. Then we never hear from them again!
    LMAO. Did you copy & paste this on every Stockton thread?