Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamWOW View Post
    There are numerous cheater lines in places where erosion of the trail is not an issue whatsoever...
    It/s probbaly some FOOLS making the trails more "enduro friendly" because they CANT HANDLE the technicality of the original lines. COMPLETE B.S.!!!!
    Either that OR the local deers' hooves have evolved to contain MAXXIS High Roller tread patterns.
    Simmer down... If the trail becomes too extreme, access to it will get axed... Or paved... It's a trail for everybody, keep that in mind.

Moving on.

Mountain Lion sighting in the park last week:

Mountain Lion reportedly kills dog over weekend, owner says pet saved her life - Action News Now

Does that change anybody opinions on riding some of these areas alone?

mtbr member
    I was there riding with a big group on Saturday. I love riding here in Chico that's why I never come back to visit without my bike. These trails have been here for a long time and they will be here for many more years to come. We all just need to take care of them the best way possible and always remember to be curtious to all other trail users.

In regards to the mountain lion, man i was really bummed to hear about that girl's dog, I saw the news after I got back from our ride. At least she was safe, just shows how much dogs love us and will do anything for us. Kind of a trip when you hear about something like that happening on a place you're so familiar with. Just have to remember that mountain lions are always around us when we're out there, we are in their territory. They are mostly shy and stay away from us but once in a while things go wrong. I never ride solo at night, and in the day, well hey I just take my chances. You can't let things like this take you away from what you love most. Just always be aware of your surroundings and think about scenarios and what you would do in them. We have to go through wilderness first aid trainings for work and some of the scenarios that they use sometimes seem out of this world but they do happen, we just think it will never happen to us. Be prepared!!! Anyways...Happy Trails everyone! See you again soon Chico!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Weekly Chico Rides?-chico-creek.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    When people start bringing hammers or sledge hammers up to the trail to break rocks that are deemed "in the way" of the fastest line, THAT is crossing the line.
    I had no camera with me today but saw numerous spots on Guardian trail where some assssholes chiseled at some rocks. THAT IS COMPLETE BULLLSHITT!!!!
    A lot of people know who these chumps that are doing this are...
    If you ride with these punkasss kids let them know people are watching.
    They best stop while they are ahead...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred Patrol View Post
    Ok ShamWOW, we get it, you don't like things that you see on the trails, but continuously posting about insinuations and assumptions on public internet forum is not the best action to take. Certain groups in this town will read what you have written and use it to further label the entire mtb community as bad. Stay passionate and angry my friend!
    This is exactly why I have been posting, can you seriously not see it?
    It is because a few TARDS feel it is OK to screw with the trails that will eventually give a bad label to the entire MTB community.
    Long story short, so as to not get your panties up in a bunch again....if you know of, see or ride with the fools, let it be known to them that this behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated to the rest of the MTBers here locally!
    Stay apathetic and tolerant, my friend!

Axe
    Custom User Title

New Weekly Chico Rides?

This is exactly why I have been posting, can you seriously not see it?
    It is because a few TARDS feel it is OK to screw with the trails that will eventually give a bad label to the entire MTB community.
    Long story short, so as to not get your panties up in a bunch again....if you know of, see or ride with the fools, let it be known to them that this behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated to the rest of the MTBers here locally!
    Stay apathetic and tolerant, my friend!
    I would venture to say that you do not speak for the "entire MTB community". Just saying. I have no idea what is that got you so AGITATED, but those are just rocks in dirt. So often people whine when some bit of a trail is reworked to be exactly as it was just a few years ago..

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

One step forward, two steps back?

Anyone know who the genius was who screwed with South Rim trail?
    That hack job of trying to make drainage routes has already started causing erosion of the trail.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Anyone know who the genius was who screwed with South Rim trail?
    That hack job of trying to make drainage routes has already started causing erosion of the trail.
    Where on the trail?

mtbr member
    Every time I see this thread get bumped I get excited to see some pics of back home or some good news but instead its always something negative here. Post some nice pics of your rides or something! Remind us of how beautiful Bidwell is, so there are issues, big deal there are issues everywhere on every trail at some point or another. Horses, hikers, jerks on bikes, trail erosion, too much trail work, too little trail work, ticks, poison oak you name it! Is a little messed up water bar really worth ruining the ride? Or make you post negative stuff on mtbr? I'm starting to see our locals here in the bay area chime in on things, gotta show them that Chico is a great mountain bike location, not just riders who get worked up over every rock moved....Rant over.....Go ride a bike!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Starting at the Bear Hole area all the way up to Bloody Pin/ South Rim intersection.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    You are trivializing it. You don't know the situation.

Butcher

Less Talk, More Chico

Positive thread bump...

New Weekly Chico Rides?-img_2952.jpgNew Weekly Chico Rides?-img_2175.jpgNew Weekly Chico Rides?-img_2979.jpgNew Weekly Chico Rides?-img_2949.jpg

Bidwell Bump will be in September this year!

Tasty vid...
    Bidwell Bump on Vimeo

mtbr member
    Love it! Be there next weekend riding with my buddies!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    How are the trails here as of lates??? All enduro'd out??? Wussified? Cheater lines?

Lovely weather, mates!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Trails are as chunky and bumpy as one could ask for.

For those who may be interested, I hear Cyclesport/AMain.com is gonna be a putting on a Pivot demo Saturday in upper park...

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40