Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 987
  1. #76
    May the Force be with you
    Reputation: norcalchico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,031
    WE are riding on Sunday in Oroville if anyone want to join. WE are leaving pretty early,5:30am to beat that heat.

  2. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,208
    Might as well. Gr8 and I are riding tonight (friday) 6:30 at hooker oak. Probably just going to do NR.

  3. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by w00t!
    I'm moving back to Sweet Home Chico, where the skies are so blue!

    The Napa Valley can suck a fart out of my anus.


    last time i rode in chico i had to butt stroke a tweeker with my rear tire out by 22nd.

  4. #79
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,327
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcruz
    last time i rode in chico i had to butt stroke a tweeker with my rear tire out by 22nd.
    wow...so did not need to know that.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  5. #80
    May the Force be with you
    Reputation: norcalchico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,031
    Heading to Oroville in 20 minutes

  6. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: petedog_h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    43
    is there anyone else that is going to the d-ville gathering on friday (june 5) that would like to shuttle.

  7. #82
    May the Force be with you
    Reputation: norcalchico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,031
    Looks like I have a couple of friends going but not sure if we are going to be there Friday or Saturday.

  8. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Weird day today. I had to call 911 for a hiker I came across on middle trail. He looked confused and paranoid, was stumbling around, pawing at the ground, staring into the sky, twisting his arms around, moving up and down, etc. Only response I ever got out of him was that he had been in the park "quite a while". Didn't see any emergency bracelets. He looked like he had been out for a real hike and had a small pack. I helped the ranger find him on the trail then I took off. I really hope he is ok now.

    I was pretty drained at that point, so I couldn't help but wonder afterwards whether I didn't hallucinate the whole thing

  9. #84
    Ride Life.
    Reputation: theilluminati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    122
    12 mile super d in ashland is closed for registration.
    bummer.
    BIKES: ZERO GALLONS PER MILE.

  10. #85
    organically fed
    Reputation: w00t!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    Weird day today. I had to call 911 for a hiker I came across on middle trail. He looked confused and paranoid, was stumbling around, pawing at the ground, staring into the sky, twisting his arms around, moving up and down, etc. Only response I ever got out of him was that he had been in the park "quite a while". Didn't see any emergency bracelets. He looked like he had been out for a real hike and had a small pack. I helped the ranger find him on the trail then I took off. I really hope he is ok now.

    I was pretty drained at that point, so I couldn't help but wonder afterwards whether I didn't hallucinate the whole thing
    What a trip. Heat casualty, y'spose?

    I'm always amazed at the number of people I'll see hiking up the North Rim Trail with little/no water on them. Suckas gotta recognize.

  11. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    41
    maybe he was on shrooms? maybe not but its a fun place to do them

  12. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by w00t!
    What a trip. Heat casualty, y'spose?

    I'm always amazed at the number of people I'll see hiking up the North Rim Trail with little/no water on them. Suckas gotta recognize.
    I'm no paramedic, but thats what I thought too. That or acid.

    I'm always surprised by those people too. Most surprising/impressive I ever saw was the older guy with no supplies coming down the North Rim on what looked like a 15yr old comfort bike with 1.5" semi-slicks. The point where I saw him was about 75% up to the North Rim!

  13. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    While browsing Barnes & Nobles last night I noticed that the latest DirtRag has a feature article on the 20 year anniversary of our very own Paul Components. Congrats guys!

    The article was pretty good and even had a section where the author went for a ride in Bidwell with Paul. Certainly good for my ego to hear an outsider from a national magazine commenting on how difficult Middle Trail is, especially in upper 90* heat

  14. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2
    Hello, I'm just kinda getting into the mountain bike thing and am about to go pick up a 09 Trek Fuel EX7. I do not have any friends that are into biking, I heard there was a tues, thurs ride that meets at hooker oak. Is this club very newby friendly? I've been racing dirt bikes for years and wanted to get into biking as a cross training thing. Thanks
    Brad

  15. #90
    May the Force be with you
    Reputation: norcalchico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,031
    Yes we are very friendly. Do don't have to be a super fast rider or anything like that.
    We meet Tue / Thur at 6 pm at Hooker oak parking lot far left.
    You should be happy with the bike.

    Hope to see you out soon.

  16. #91
    Busted!!!
    Reputation: mxracer33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalchico
    Yes we are very friendly. Do don't have to be a super fast rider or anything like that.
    We meet Tue / Thur at 6 pm at Hooker oak parking lot far left.
    You should be happy with the bike.

    Hope to see you out soon.

    There is a good reason they all meet at "hooker" oak. they are all a bunch of *****es. So beware!

    No really, its a good group of guys that all ride alot and really take care of the other riders in the group. Give it a shot.



    I actually made it out on the trails, had only been 8 weeks Maybe now Norcalchico can keep up

  17. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    22
    i don't post on here much, but tomorrow is my last day to ride in chico, as i'm moving to the bay on saturday. all my riding buddies have left town already. would anyone be up for going for a pedal tomorrow with me? i'm pretty open all day, and for pretty much whatever ride.
    although i need to say i've been off my bike for a couple weeks thanks to a good crash up in downieville opening week, but i'm feeling 100% now.

  18. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2
    MXracer33X...Are you the same MXRacer33 on pirate4x4???

  19. #94
    Busted!!!
    Reputation: mxracer33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad juan
    MXracer33X...Are you the same MXRacer33 on pirate4x4???
    depends...whos askin? :flipoff2:

  20. #95
    May the Force be with you
    Reputation: norcalchico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,031

    Funny

    Quote Originally Posted by mxracer33x
    There is a good reason they all meet at "hooker" oak. they are all a bunch of *****es. So beware!

    No really, its a good group of guys that all ride alot and really take care of the other riders in the group. Give it a shot.



    I actually made it out on the trails, had only been 8 weeks Maybe now Norcalchico can keep up

    Your so funny, maybe I can keep up?? You never ride anymore, so we won't be able to find out

  21. #96
    May the Force be with you
    Reputation: norcalchico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,031
    We had a good ride tonight.

  22. #97
    Busted!!!
    Reputation: mxracer33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalchico
    We had a good ride tonight.
    You shut your mouth, I dont want to hear it.

    is that what took you so long getting to work today?

  23. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tinercom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    146
    Here's to hoping some World Cup rider doesn't win Downieville. My buddy Tim is up there mixing it up with those guys and I would love to see a local win.

  24. #99
    Coors, the american beer.
    Reputation: Melt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,537
    Quote Originally Posted by mxracer33x
    depends...whos askin? :flipoff2:
    lol .... cummins diesel from nevada anyone?
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

  25. #100
    organically fed
    Reputation: w00t!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,173
    Well I'm back in Chico.

    Anybody got some tires to sell on the cheap (hella cheap)? I was gonna get some on craigslist, but they just screamed "stolen" to me and the mtb is no place for bad karma.

    See youz guys soon on w00t's loop!

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •