Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    Trails are open.

mtbr member
    Hellyeshellyeshellyeshellyeshellyeshellyeshellyesh ellyes
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Just FYI, there is a pretty good "landslide" at the bottom of B Trail. Not hard to go over when you're expecting it, but it's a bit surprising and at the bottom of a pretty quick section. Mostly just soccer ball sized rocks and debris.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    If anyone is headed out from Hooker oak tonight keep an eye out for a new guy (me), I am going to try to make it there tonight and with any luck I will get there on time.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by racer_46 View Post
    If anyone is headed out from Hooker oak tonight keep an eye out for a new guy (me), I am going to try to make it there tonight and with any luck I will get there on time.
    Fresh Meat carries all the beer!!
    Honestly, you just take a deep breath and say Fuck it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hopefully there is another new guy, then he can carry all the beer.

~Disc~Golf~
    That's the ticket!
    Honestly, you just take a deep breath and say Fuck it.

mtbr member
    It was nice to meet you out there racer_46! Bummer about the pinch flat, but that's about par for the course for Guardian.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    It was nice to meet you out there racer_46! Bummer about the pinch flat, but that's about par for the course for Guardian.
    Thanks, for taking the time to show me around and that the climb up south rim is not all that terrible. Your right about the pinch flat I am not too supprised that it happened. I am just a little sore from going OTB but look forward to getting back out there on a Tuesday or Thrusday night again.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I get out there a little earlier (goal is to be on the dirt by 5:30 every day)... Hit me up if you ever need a guide
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Weekly Chico Rides?-533913_10100199530132110_1371601530_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2009

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    ^^^^
    Post above:

Would you mind telling me what trail that is or where it is at? I mainly just have my DH and am new to the area. I have done everything in Bidwell, North and South Rim and looking for something exactly like you posted.

I really appreciate it, you do not know how bad I need to get on a real DH trail!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Pulling this thread back from the dead... In years past, has anybody done trail work to middle trail between B and Bear Hole? Went and rode that for the first time since spring (bike park season's over) and the trail... Wasn't fun... Lots of softball sized rocks right in the middle of the trail. Lots of loose rock in the corners. The trail just seemed to be in poor condition when compared to years prior.

Butcher
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingOffRoading View Post
    Pulling this thread back from the dead... In years past, has anybody done trail work to middle trail between B and Bear Hole? Went and rode that for the first time since spring (bike park season's over) and the trail... Wasn't fun... Lots of softball sized rocks right in the middle of the trail. Lots of loose rock in the corners. The trail just seemed to be in poor condition when compared to years prior.
    No sanctioned work to the trail in the section you're talking about... and certainly nothing to the extent that you're suggesting. There just hasn't been any rain. And without rain you can't be doing much other than kicking those boulders off the trail. Even doing something beneficial is going to get you in trouble if the "powers that be" catch you. I have stuck to just trimming trees and bushes that need it. But now that the rain has hit pretty heavily these past 48 hours, I'm not opposed to someone going up there and doing some clean up to deal with the issues you pointed up. As long as it's not "sanitizing" the trail to the extent that I've seen in many of the tougher sections.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Lol... No sanitising, just thinking like raking the softball sized rocks our of the middle of the trail

I'd love to go up there and build but I don't like the idea of jail time LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nickelbolt View Post
    No sanctioned work to the trail in the section you're talking about... and certainly nothing to the extent that you're suggesting. There just hasn't been any rain. And without rain you can't be doing much other than kicking those boulders off the trail. Even doing something beneficial is going to get you in trouble if the "powers that be" catch you. I have stuck to just trimming trees and bushes that need it. But now that the rain has hit pretty heavily these past 48 hours, I'm not opposed to someone going up there and doing some clean up to deal with the issues you pointed up. As long as it's not "sanitizing" the trail to the extent that I've seen in many of the tougher sections.

Butcher
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingOffRoading View Post
    Lol... No sanitising, just thinking like raking the softball sized rocks our of the middle of the trail

I'd love to go up there and build but I don't like the idea of jail time LOL
    Go for it. And don't worry... I don't think the rules of the park actually have any teeth to them. By "trouble" I really just meant that you'll draw the ire of the various interest groups. Before anyone blazes me... understand I am not advocating "illegal" trail building... just some basic cleanup if someone feels the inspiration. I rode that middle trail section today and it was nearly perfect IMO. The few boulders in the trail will eventually get kicked off.

Bigger concern should be the sustainability of the South side singletrack. Guardians specifically. It looks like it's really falling apart in some of the critical sections.

I don't have the time on my own to get out and do what's needed. But maybe we'll be able to pull together a group in the near future.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nickelbolt View Post
    Go for it. And don't worry... I don't think the rules of the park actually have any teeth to them. By "trouble" I really just meant that you'll draw the ire of the various interest groups. Before anyone blazes me... understand I am not advocating "illegal" trail building... just some basic cleanup if someone feels the inspiration. I rode that middle trail section today and it was nearly perfect IMO. The few boulders in the trail will eventually get kicked off.

Bigger concern should be the sustainability of the South side singletrack. Guardians specifically. It looks like it's really falling apart in some of the critical sections.

I don't have the time on my own to get out and do what's needed. But maybe we'll be able to pull together a group in the near future.

Yea, I have the same concern... I drop Guardians almost every weekend and the erosion in the toilet bowls is getting bad. I'm super curious as 10-20' bellow the middle section of the trail looks like perfect good dirt. It'll be interesting to see if the trail gets rerouted to there over the next few years.

PS: Anybody have pictures of the trails with a little snow on them?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Erosion in bidwell park is getting really bad. Too many people ride the trails like a flow trail, dragging their rear brake like skid kiddies. Single track is turning into double track, corners are exploding, and then to fix this problem they sanitize it more. Bidwell is getting less technical and less fun.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Renovatio View Post
    Erosion in bidwell park is getting really bad. Too many people ride the trails like a flow trail, dragging their rear brake like skid kiddies. Single track is turning into double track, corners are exploding, and then to fix this problem they sanitize it more. Bidwell is getting less technical and less fun.
    This exactly!!!
    WHO are you dumb-asses that do this stupid, rookie move riding!!!
    If you ride with someone who rides like a fool and/or sanitizes trails, please stop....or we will find out who you are.

Bidwell has become so shitty lately, that it is infuriating me during my rides when I see the new trails, double track, trail cutting, rock removing, sliding corners, etc.
    Maybe you should learn to ride your bike better and then try to conquer Bidwell once you brush up on techniques.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamWOW View Post
    This exactly!!!
    If you ride with someone who rides like a fool and/or sanitizes trails, please stop....or we will find out who you are.

Bidwell has become so shitty lately, that it is infuriating me during my rides when I see the new trails, double track, trail cutting, rock removing, sliding corners, etc.
    Maybe you should learn to ride your bike better and then try to conquer Bidwell once you brush up on techniques.
    Haters gunna hate... lol... Where did you see new trails?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Mostly on South Rim side...cheater trails and bypasses over more of the 'technical' sections. I like to call them p.ussy lines.

I'm really diggin it!

New Weekly Chico Rides?

This exactly!!!

Just to throw the opinion out there:

Without seeing what you guys are talking about in person its a bit of a stretch however. Dudes! All that is way more likely to be the cause of one of the driest years I can remember.

Once we get a bit of constant rain the trails will be back to normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I don't think that can explain the cheater lines and options that never used to be on the trails. Too many idiots that can't ride the existing trail-too technical for them-and they wimp out by making these cheater lines fking up the integrity of the original trail.
    The other day I could see where recent rocks/boulders, that used to be in the middle (or just to the side) of the trail had been pulled out in order to make the trail more "flowy" (or, amateur level if you ask me).
    Each year, the technicality of the trail diminishes more and more because some amateur riders feel it necessary to not RESPECT the trail and end up modifying/destroying it.
    It's complete BS!!

STOP CREATING CHEATER LINES!!!!!!!!!!
    RIDE LOWER BIDWELL IF YOU WANT SMOOTH SHITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I don't think that can explain the cheater lines and options that never used to be on the trails. Too many idiots that can't ride the existing trail-too technical for them-and they wimp out by making these cheater lines fking up the integrity of the original trail.
    The other day I could see where recent rocks/boulders, that used to be in the middle (or just to the side) of the trail had been pulled out in order to make the trail more "flowy" (or, amateur level if you ask me).
    Each year, the technicality of the trail diminishes more and more because some amateur riders feel it necessary to not RESPECT the trail and end up modifying/destroying it.
    It's complete BS!!

STOP CREATING CHEATER LINES!!!!!!!!!!
    RIDE LOWER BIDWELL IF YOU WANT SMOOTH SHITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... People are making cheater lines in a lot of places because the trails are becoming so badly eroded. Many sections need to be rebuilt or simply moved so that the erosion doesn't destroy the hill side. Its a total shame that they won't let interest groups into the park to do trail work. IMO that's the issue.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    There are numerous cheater lines in places where erosion of the trail is not an issue whatsoever...
    It/s probbaly some FOOLS making the trails more "enduro friendly" because they CANT HANDLE the technicality of the original lines. COMPLETE B.S.!!!!
    Either that OR the local deers' hooves have evolved to contain MAXXIS High Roller tread patterns.

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast