New Weekly Chico Rides?

Printable View

• 04-20-2009
    kalbert
    it is legal to ride fire roads, but not worth 3 hours in the car. i think downieville is just as close any way.:thumbsup: yay third divied, any one racing d-ville?
  • 04-21-2009
    scot-tea
    trails other then paradise pines?
  • 04-21-2009
    Melt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kalbert
    it is legal to ride fire roads, but not worth 3 hours in the car. i think downieville is just as close any way.:thumbsup: yay third divied, any one racing d-ville?

if it takes you 3 hours to get to paskenta, its time to retire the geo metro :thumbsup:
  • 04-21-2009
    highdelll
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Melt
    if it takes you 3 hours to get to paskenta, its time to retire the geo metro :thumbsup:

how long does it take to get a Ranger up here!
    Bring it! MELT!
    Natty Ice and DG awaits! :)
  • 04-21-2009
    Melt
    haha i may be coming up this weekend if i can finish i paper i need to write, otherwise it will be a long time before i visit chico cause my girl is moving to antioch at the beginning of may.
  • 04-21-2009
    boomn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Melt

Yeah, but what are you going to do in Paskenta? I thought the problem was the long winding drive up the mountains... in which case a geo still sucks.
  • 04-21-2009
    Melt
    it still doesnt take 3 hours to get there, last time i went it took around 2 and that was going out thru willows on the dirt road in a lowered integra.
  • 04-21-2009
    highdelll
    welp, It's obvious then...either finish or put off the paper!!! .. ya need to come up before the G/F puts the kibosh on it!! - WORD... and before it gets 100 degs.
  • 05-03-2009
    ShamWOW
    so whats with the city site saying the trails are all open (despite all this heavy, constant rain)????
    are they, in fact, truly open?
    shitgoose.
  • 05-03-2009
    kalbert
    the signs @ the park will say closed
  • 05-03-2009
    ShamWOW
    would you bet your life on that last statement?
  • 05-03-2009
    highdelll
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ShamWOW
    would you bet your life on that last statement?

I'd bet Vince from ShamWOW's life on it :D
    I bet the website hasn't changed because b/c no one went to the office today.
    Signs definitely take precedence, I don't think there's enough moisture from today, but the way the valley is constructed (or destructed - depending on how you look at it) from varying porous and impermeable layers, the park will seep for a while. So even if it's sunny, it won't be open for riders.

Lower park single-track and the upper-park road are open for MTB.
  • 05-03-2009
    Renovatio
    3-4 days after any significant rain and the park open back up. Just based off the 10-day forecast I would expect the park to be open no later than next Friday or Saturday.
  • 05-04-2009
    scot-tea
  • 05-04-2009
    ShamWOW
    so who is the big cheese of chico mtb these days?
  • 05-05-2009
    Renovatio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ShamWOW
    so who is the big cheese of chico mtb these days?

I thought you were :rolleyes:
  • 05-05-2009
    ShamWOW
    i ride a huffy trailmaster, im not very good yet.
  • 05-06-2009
    boomn
    Website was updated and says the trails are open. Can anyone verify? I'm not in Chico right now
  • 05-06-2009
    theilluminati
    I would guess they are correct since it's been pretty warm and windy the last 2 days...
    I'll be heading up South Rim, see you on the trails.
  • 05-06-2009
    boomn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by theilluminati
    I would guess they are correct since it's been pretty warm and windy the last 2 days...
    I'll be heading up South Rim, see you on the trails.

Hmm, up the South Rim sounds good, but I might save that for the weekend and try a larger loop
  • 05-14-2009
    w00t!
    I'm moving back to Sweet Home Chico, where the skies are so blue!

The Napa Valley can suck a fart out of my anus.
  • 05-14-2009
    Melt
    when you leavin? Ill be in chico memorial day weekend for graduation
  • 05-15-2009
    w00t!
    dunno for sure...first or middle of next month.

Gaw Dam, I can't wait to get back to a place where there's stuff to do and where mountain biking is not a crime against the kingdom.
  • 05-15-2009
    highdelll
    Quote:

Originally Posted by w00t!
    dunno for sure...first or middle of next month.

Gaw Dam, I can't wait to get back to a place where there's stuff to do and where mountain biking is not a crime against the kingdom.

gonna have to reclaim 'w00t's loop'? ;)
    Too bad it's after all the nice weather we've been havin' - word is it's gonna be in the triple digits by this weekend :eekster:
    time for early morning or late evening rides I guess

Hey...anyone out there down for a shuttle up to disc golf course to play a round, maybe have some beers and then ride down? - maybe guardian or south rim
  • 05-15-2009
    ctownposse
    We are rideing saturday morning at 0700. Meeting at Hooker Oak to ride south rim. All are welcomed to join.