Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 1,001 to 1,006 of 1006
    VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
    If you are downtown or near downtown then the trails are easily accessible without driving. It's about 5 miles on flat twisty trails to Upper Park where the rocky trails are. As far as a route, it all depends on how far/long you want to ride. Check Strava for routes.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" our VAR Facebook and VAR Instagram pages.

mtbr member
    thanks vuduvgn !

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I would recommend riding the north rim, b trail and guardians loop for two reasons. One, you hit the jewels of the park (b trail, guardians) in one loop, and once you've ridden that you are oriented to the park as riding that loop basically takes you around the perimeter of upper park. There's a description of that loop here: Bidwell Park Tour Mountain Bike Trail, Chico, CA
    If you're a strong rider that should be 2 hrs or so, if you want steeper trails you will already have a good idea of where they are: live oak, red bud on the north side, and humboldt to bloody pin on the south are really fun trails but very short (3-4 min).
    Here's a map of the park where you can see all those trails Upper and Lower Bidwell Park Bike Map - Chico California ? mappery

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Up North Rim, down B-Trail, left at the fire road until it dead ends in the creek. Cross the creek and start climbing 10 mile house road until you get to Guardians and bomb that all the way down! My favorite loop but there's obviously more you can do.
    Basically you're riding on the inside of a canyon. The north end has about 4 trails going east, the higher the trails the more "difficult" they are. The south end has a few trails for the return ride but personally my absolute favorite is just riding Guardians down. Hope that helps a little. You can't really get lost. Good luck out there! Lodging wise I would say holiday inn, best western. Not too far from the trails and not too expensive. There's a lot of motels around but you might run into some funny activity lol! When are you heading in that direction? I'll be there this Saturday to go see the family and of course the bike is coming with for a ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcolby View Post
    I would recommend riding the north rim, b trail and guardians loop for two reasons. One, you hit the jewels of the park (b trail, guardians) in one loop, and once you've ridden that you are oriented to the park as riding that loop basically takes you around the perimeter of upper park. There's a description of that loop here: Bidwell Park Tour Mountain Bike Trail, Chico, CA
    If you're a strong rider that should be 2 hrs or so, if you want steeper trails you will already have a good idea of where they are: live oak, red bud on the north side, and humboldt to bloody pin on the south are really fun trails but very short (3-4 min).
    Here's a map of the park where you can see all those trails Upper and Lower Bidwell Park Bike Map - Chico California ? mappery
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Marco View Post
    Up North Rim, down B-Trail, left at the fire road until it dead ends in the creek. Cross the creek and start climbing 10 mile house road until you get to Guardians and bomb that all the way down! My favorite loop but there's obviously more you can do.
    Basically you're riding on the inside of a canyon. The north end has about 4 trails going east, the higher the trails the more "difficult" they are. The south end has a few trails for the return ride but personally my absolute favorite is just riding Guardians down. Hope that helps a little. You can't really get lost. Good luck out there! Lodging wise I would say holiday inn, best western. Not too far from the trails and not too expensive. There's a lot of motels around but you might run into some funny activity lol! When are you heading in that direction? I'll be there this Saturday to go see the family and of course the bike is coming with for a ride.
    thanks ! I am starting to look at tracks with all this info.

It will be a long weekend second half of march.
    Would be great if we can share wheels. I will send you a PM when I have dates confirmed.

organically fed
    No posts in a year and a half?

Do we still do the Thursday rides?

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021