Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalchico
    If the park is open,then Yes we are going to meet. Hope you can make it out.
    Thanks

I didn't realize it was supposed to rain until I realized why you said that conditionally. Oh well, *fingers crossed*

mtbr member
    bikes 2008 083bikes 2008 082
    A couple pictures from tonight, they didn't come out very well. Might have to invest in a better camera.

Ride Life.
    Clearing some trails of p.o. (hope some of you who don't get p.o. are doing the same) and got it all over.
    I'm glad Claude Louis Berthollet invented bleach...
    BIKES: ZERO GALLONS PER MILE.

mtbr member
    Hey thanks buddy! I've gotten P.O. bad on more than 1 occassion clearing it from the trails up there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by theilluminati
    Clearing some trails of p.o. (hope some of you who don't get p.o. are doing the same) and got it all over.
    I'm glad Claude Louis Berthollet invented bleach...
    thats to bad. maybe you should trim the intire trail system right now wile you still have the p.o.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Anyone want to ride today? Say later like 5ish?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Only if you are not there (and we hit up the other side)...not enough room in the park for the both of us! Let me know when and I will be there, with a sh!t load of little tires to boot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Okay, so 5pm Hooker Oak,

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    where is hooker oak?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by miked0200
    where is hooker oak?
    Here's a map for Hooker Oak.
    "If I am cut, do I not bleed?" -Kane

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    oh okay, thanks.

they didn't add chico street view too long ago, but they pictures are from about 2 summers ago i'd say, weird
    Last edited by miked0200; 04-14-2009 at 11:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Sup guys. I'll be going to chico state in the fall and joining the cycling team and im out here with my bike right now staying with my buddy. Lookin to do upper bidwell for the first time tomorrow. Any one going? Would love to tag and get a feel for the place since I'll be riding it quite a bit when I go here

mtbr member
    Friendly reminder for all those that ride in Bidwell. Ticks are still out, I got one earlier today riding Guardians.
    "If I am cut, do I not bleed?" -Kane

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    does anyone want to ride green gate in the next couple day?

mtbr member
    I do. Do you mean shuttle or ride to the top? Cause i can do either.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I'm going to be riding tommorrow after I get off work. Probably be after 3 or 4. If you want to ride message me w/ your number so I can give you a call as soon as I get home.

mtbr member
    I want to thank all of the people that are clearing the p.o. off the trails I wish that I could help but I am one of the unlucky ones that gets it really bad so thanks again

~Disc~Golf~
    RE: Poison Oak...

Has anyone tackled the massive bush of P.O. on Lower? It's at the top of a small climb (if I'm not mistaken - rocky), left-hand side, heading west, shortly after Middle trail JCT.?
    It's massive and really invading the left side of the trail on a left turn. I know P.O. very well (unfortunately) and I always have to 'double-take' there because it resembles one of those big holly bushes from a ways off.

I, too, am one of those who gets it badly, otherwise I'd be out there w/ my loppers.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    B trail is like one giant tunnel of Poison Oak. I'm sure I'm going to get it after my ride today. Also, I saw the biggest Rattlesnake I've ever seen in the park today. It was at least 3' long and fat as hell. I tried to take a picture but by the time I got my phone out it moved to the bushes. Summer is a comin'

mtbr member
    I'm headed to Lowe's tonight to buy some shears so I can help too. The section of North Rim continuing up to the lookout isn't even passable right now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hi all. I ride in bidwell all the time, and just ran across this forum for the first time. Now that it's getting hot again, I try and jump in bear hole after I ride if I think I brushed any oak. Seems to help. Anyway, I'm looking to do a little camping/riding trip next week, and I have been hearing about a trail out in Paskenta to the west of town. Does anyone know anything about this trail? I can't find much on the internet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by elliotelliotdan
    Hi all. I ride in bidwell all the time, and just ran across this forum for the first time. Now that it's getting hot again, I try and jump in bear hole after I ride if I think I brushed any oak. Seems to help. Anyway, I'm looking to do a little camping/riding trip next week, and I have been hearing about a trail out in Paskenta to the west of town. Does anyone know anything about this trail? I can't find much on the internet.
    Thats the stuff of legend. Those who know about it tend not to give a good description of where it is. Kind of like the other paradise trails

From my understanding there are some nice trails but they are illegal now, don't know if they're enforced. Big fires over in Paskenta this year too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    yep. that trail is gone they cut a 20 ft. wide fire line on the trail. nothing left but the mems.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Bummer. Oh well...thanks for the info.

Coors, the american beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalbert
    yep. that trail is gone they cut a 20 ft. wide fire line on the trail. nothing left but the mems.

as for the information, the area became wilderness sometime in 2007. Have been there twice (first time not knowing that its legality was questionable)

second time rode the bottom section which is a rutted fire road, (because the top was snowed in)
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast