Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    [QUOTE=chicohigh5]fun little video me and my friend adam put together im in the red shirt

hey which trails are u riding in your video?

mtbr member
    Long winter ... " OVER " .... Park should open this week and Rodney will have his first Bidwell Park MTB Race Sunday ... " Sun., March 21st - North Rim MTB Race - 1:00pm "
    If you have not done these they are " sign up and ride for free ...race/ride " Really good times. See " http://chicocyclist.blogspot.com/ "
    It's North Rim to B Trail and back Middle. Starts just below the cross at 1:00
    OK winter may not be over but I can not take another week of closed trails...See ya Sunday >>>

May the Force be with you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marty crosley
    Long winter ... " OVER " .... Park should open this week and Rodney will have his first Bidwell Park MTB Race Sunday ... " Sun., March 21st - North Rim MTB Race - 1:00pm "
    If you have not done these they are " sign up and ride for free ...race/ride " Really good times. See " http://chicocyclist.blogspot.com/ "
    It's North Rim to B Trail and back Middle. Starts just below the cross at 1:00
    OK winter may not be over but I can not take another week of closed trails...See ya Sunday >>>
    For the update. Looking forward to getting back in the park. The races should be fun

mtbr member
    May 2009

just a heads up...

don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but i figured i'd post it here anyways, even if the park is closed to us.... for now.

Cougars reported in Bidwell Park
    http://www.chicoer.com/ci_14673815?source=rss

mtbr member
    O SHI.....TTTTTTTT Park Open !!!! This just made my birthday ... Hello north B middle ( don't know if I can cross the creek ???? )
    http://www.chico.ca.us/General_Servi...dwell_Park.asp

May the Force be with you
    Finally. Will be good to get out in the park tonight. My foot and hip are feeling better so it should be a good night.

We meet at hooker oak at 6pm

Butcher
    Sweet...
    http://www.chico.ca.us/General_Servi...dwell_Park.asp

Trail/Road/Disc Golf Closure Hotline: (530) 896-7899

Upper Bidwell Park:

* Trails are:

OPEN

* Upper Park Road: The Upper Park gate at parking lot E is closed on Sundays and Mondays.

OPEN

* Hwy 32 Disc Golf Site:

OPEN

* Wildwood Park Ball Fields:

OPEN

organically fed
    What's up, y'all? Does anybody still live in Chico?

I'm about to start rolling on the fat tires shortly after this rain passes through. Are we still doing the Tue./Thu. evening rides?

mtbr member
    I'm in Chico, but I've never been on the group evening rides. I would like some info on this as well. I've got 3 kids, so the later the better in the evening for me. I have a decent light, and would love to cruise the trails after dark. Not sure if there is a special group for that, but if not maybe we can make our own. Cheers!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I haven't heard of an organized Tue/Thur ride in a while now. Usually its 6:00 or 6:30 at the hooker oak parking lot. Whenever I went on Tue/Thur there was 0 to 4-5 people....kind of a gamble.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I've seen a few guys showing up for the tue/thur rides, usually don't leave till 6:15 or so as they wait for '10 after Tim'. They meet at Hooker Oak down by the playground.

mtbr member
    I'd be down for a later night ride. Say start at 8pm, bring lights, and ride till 9:30-10:00 or later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomass15
    I've seen a few guys showing up for the tue/thur rides, usually don't leave till 6:15 or so as they wait for '10 after Tim'. They meet at Hooker Oak down by the playground.
    You guys get '10 after Tim'? I usually get '45 after Tim'.

mtbr member
    Ping! How's South Rim lately? I'm planning on doing and up-and-back on South Rim to the old cow camp on 10 mile house road. For someone in moderate condition, how long should I plan on it taking to get up there? I'm meeting some peeps that are too lazy to ride up the trail, but I have no idea how long it will take. I figure about the same as North Rim?

mtbr member
    I'm just hoping the trails will be open tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing
    Ping! How's South Rim lately? I'm planning on doing and up-and-back on South Rim to the old cow camp on 10 mile house road. For someone in moderate condition, how long should I plan on it taking to get up there? I'm meeting some peeps that are too lazy to ride up the trail, but I have no idea how long it will take. I figure about the same as North Rim?
    I have no idea where the cow camp is but from the old pistol range down tennis ball hill and on south rim to where 10 mile house intersects shouldn't take more than 45minutes.

I'd rather ride Guardians up, its a fun trial up or down and shouldn't take more than an hour or so to get to 10mile house.

North Rim takes about 30 minutes if you're cruising.

Ride Life.
    for someone in mod. condition it should take you more than 45 minutes if you go up s.rim, guardian,green gate, maybe more like 1 hr...
    north rim on a fast pace for someone in good shape is about 20-28 mins. 30 mins. cruising is pretty optimistic for a `person in mod. shape.
    BIKES: ZERO GALLONS PER MILE.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theilluminati
    for someone in mod. condition it should take you more than 45 minutes if you go up s.rim, guardian,green gate, maybe more like 1 hr...
    north rim on a fast pace for someone in good shape is about 20-28 mins. 30 mins. cruising is pretty optimistic for a `person in mod. shape.
    Yeah, I'm just now getting into decent shape but I still have some LBS to lose. I did the 65 mile wildflower last week and honey run climb without stopping but I usually like to take a break halfway up north rim trail. I'll plan for 1-1.5 hours and see how that works for me, thanks!

BTW, the "cow camp" I'm talking about is almost at the bottom of 10 Mile House Rd. A few hundred yards before it splits off to the creek crossing there are a few abandoned sheds/cabins from when they used to have a cattle ranch up there. There is a pond behind one of those buildings and that is where Annie Bidwell/South Rim trail starts.

~Disc~Golf~
    Re: South rim/Guardians etc...
    Make sure to pack some brews and some discs so you can play a round when you get to the top
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Coors, the american beer.
    hey you ..... when'd you move off 16th and your cell doesnt work either lol .... was up for the alumni weekend thing it was insane!!!
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt
    hey you ..... when'd you move off 16th and your cell doesnt work either lol .... was up for the alumni weekend thing it was insane!!!
    yeah - It's been a crazy year.
    (read the grieving/riding thread for one)
    How ya been? I just got done killin the putts.

Coors, the american beer.
    not too bad got laid off but ill figure somethin out ... this economy is killin me
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

~Disc~Golf~

sorry for the threadjack

anytime is a good time
    Lemme know

mtbr member

B Trail .. New Fast Times

Not sure who all follows this thread because of all the nicknames but I thought some of you would like to know about this. Some of Chico's fastest park rippers are setting B Trail records this spring ..
    Yes """"" they are Bringing the THUNDER to one of our favorite trails and it gets better daily. Times are set Post to Post on B trail.
    Sick Nick just hit 7:02 and posted a video to prove it. These guys will be in the 6's soon.
    I have tried twice this week and 8:08 is my best ..Over a minute off the mark .. Some guys are posting Garmin Connect times so it is fun to follow the local action.
    Hope they don't mind me telling others but I think this is Chico MTB History in the making.
    Here is my Garmin link and search for others http://connect.garmin.com/activity/32519224

Would love to hear about your fast B Trail rides .. and to meet more of you out on the trail ..." " " WE RIDE !!!! " " "

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=marty crosley]Not sure who all follows this thread because of all the nicknames but I thought some of you would like to know about this. Some of Chico's fastest park rippers are setting B Trail records this spring ..
    Yes """"" they are Bringing the THUNDER to one of our favorite trails and it gets better daily. Times are set Post to Post on B trail.
    Sick Nick just hit 7:02 and posted a video to prove it. These guys will be in the 6's soon.
    I have tried twice this week and 8:08 is my best ..Over a minute off the mark .. Some guys are posting Garmin Connect times so it is fun to follow the local action.
    Hope they don't mind me telling others but I think this is Chico MTB History in the making.
    Here is my Garmin link and search for others http://connect.garmin.com/activity/32519224

Would love to hear about your fast B Trail rides .. and to meet more of you out on the trail ..." " " WE RIDE !!!! " " "[/QU
    8:08 is nothing to be ashamed of Marty. I'd love to hit an 8:08. Fact is, alot of the guys are on steroids. Nobody used to be able to crack the 8:00 mark until the juice started getting passed around.

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast