Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 72
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,747

    New Costco 29er : Cannondale Trail SL4

    Saw this at the Redwood City costco. Cannondale Trail SL 4 29er in size medium only. Comes with kickstand and selling for $749.

    TRAIL SL 29'ER 4


    Anyone else saw these at another costco?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KevXR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Loll View Post
    Saw this at the Redwood City costco. Cannondale Trail SL 4 29er in size medium only. Comes with kickstand and selling for $749.

    TRAIL SL 29'ER 4


    Anyone else saw these at another costco?
    So who bought the Cracknfail name? They went out of business when they tried to make the worlds most innovative off-road motorcycle. Ah, those fun Canadians, buying up the ashes of American meltdowns.

  3. #3
    Obi
    Obi is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Obi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,189
    I legitimately thought you were full of *poop* but lo and behold, there they are, another "Mis-Ship" to Costco Redwood City. IIRC isn't Bob Weger's shop supposed to have that account?

    Wonder what Crack-n-Fail will do this round. I should've snapped a pic but was too busy grabbing peanuts, milk, and flank.

    @KevXR, the current owner is Dorel Corp.
    "Manufactures of folding and ready to assemble furniture, bunk beds, futons, step stools, high chairs, and baby carriers."

    Dorel Industries
    Last edited by Obi; 10-01-2012 at 10:06 PM.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    442
    Would make a solid townie and commuter anyway...
    "I think it's rad, when Balls beats Natural talent" - Shaun Palmer

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Loll View Post
    Saw this at the Redwood City costco. Cannondale Trail SL 4 29er in size medium only. Comes with kickstand and selling for $749.

    TRAIL SL 29'ER 4

    Anyone else saw these at another costco?
    Saw it over the weekend at Costco on Coleman in SJ.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Costco 29er : Cannondale Trail SL4-20120930_120926.jpg  

    New Costco 29er : Cannondale Trail SL4-20120930_120937.jpg  


  6. #6
    Uncle
    Reputation: Entrenador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,718
    I think the fork says it all.
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,747
    ah, but these have the funky colors...

    The one at Redwood City has an anodized burned orange color.

    That is cooler. Honestly, is 750 bucks 29er with a semi-decent fork, 24 speed only...I could have gotten the real costco Northridge 29er for 4 Ben Franklin and had a very similar spec.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ron m.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    768
    What's wrong with this bike again? Not that I'll ever buy one... just curious.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    351
    Dorel is more than just Cannondale, from there website:

    "Dorel markets its Recreational/Leisure products under the Cannondale, Schwinn, GT, Mongoose, IronHorse, SUGOI, Pacific, Dyno, RoadMaster, PowerLite and InSTEP brand names. Please click on the logos below for more information on the products available under each brand."

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,535
    $750 for an entry level 29er is a great deal.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KevXR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    I legitimately thought you were full of *poop* but lo and behold, there they are, another "Mis-Ship" to Costco Redwood City. IIRC isn't Bob Weger's shop supposed to have that account?

    Wonder what Crack-n-Fail will do this round. I should've snapped a pic but was too busy grabbing peanuts, milk, and flank.

    @KevXR, the current owner is Dorel Corp.
    "Manufactures of folding and ready to assemble furniture, bunk beds, futons, step stools, high chairs, and baby carriers."

    Dorel Industries
    They seem to have bought a lot of folding companies. Cannondale, Schwinn,...

    The devil is in the details with any mtn bike. Less visible parts like cranks and headsets, wheel sets, etc. are where money is saved or spent. Everyone first looks at the brand of shifters and brakes.

    Hey, it's Costco. Ride the hell out of it and bring it back if you don't like it.

  12. #12
    ballbuster
    Reputation: pimpbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,640

    meh....

    Quote Originally Posted by KevXR View Post
    So who bought the Cracknfail name? They went out of business when they tried to make the worlds most innovative off-road motorcycle. Ah, those fun Canadians, buying up the ashes of American meltdowns.
    I'd buy one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Entrenador View Post
    I think the fork says it all.
    Ppppffffff!!!!

    Dude. You just made me spit out my coffee. Best chuckle all morning.

    For this price, you have to expect low rent but solid parts. Deore level components are fine. They'll last forever, but are on the heavy side and lack some 'nice' features.

    Come on, tho... a hardcore mountain biker isn't going to shop at Costco. They are shooting more for mom and dad buying junior his first real mountain bike. This is a much better bike than the usual stuff you're going to find at any other big box kinda store.

    And FWIU, the whole 'Crack-And-Fail" thing stopped when they started having bikes made in Taiwan and China. But, they are no longer the uberlight frames they once were.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KentM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Entrenador View Post
    I think the fork says it all.
    That's friggin' funny!!!!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbg33k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    374
    This is what I see: A decent 29er frame with disc brakes ready to be changed into a single speed. Only thought going into it is you know you'll replace the fork and the wheels once you break them or you see a screaming deal on Craigslist.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8
    Ok lets put an end to the BS on this string , A European distributor illegally sold these limited amount of bikes to Costco . Needless to say they are NO longer distributors of the Cannondale products ... These bikes sold at Costco carry NO warranty from Cannondale and Costco will NEVER have Cannondale products in their store again .... As for the Idiots saying Cannondale is a failing company you need to get your fact straight you're just an ignorant fool .... These ARE the FACTS .... Have a nice day ....

  16. #16
    YESBRO!!!
    Reputation: datenschwanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by singletracker72 View Post
    Ok lets put an end to the BS on this string , A European distributor illegally sold these limited amount of bikes to Costco . Needless to say they are NO longer distributors of the Cannondale products ... These bikes sold at Costco carry NO warranty from Cannondale and Costco will NEVER have Cannondale products in their store again .... As for the Idiots saying Cannondale is a failing company you need to get your fact straight you're just an ignorant fool .... These ARE the FACTS .... Have a nice day ....
    U mad bro?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by datenschwanz View Post
    U mad bro?
    LOL ! Just at the stupidly people spew ....

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7
    Stupidly people spew stupidly.

    But seriously... Cannondale makes some great bikes and some not great bikes... just like most brands.

  19. #19
    ride more
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,671
    Red font...Its seriously serious now.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KentM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    89
    Actually, if it weren't for Dorel Industries buying Cannondale out of bankruptcy, I doubt Cannondale would be in business. They are fortunate that they were bought by a company with $2.4B in revenues, which probably gives them the freedom to not make every move according to their P&L statement. They have a couple of good models, but the rest fall into the Schwinn category, which is also owned by Dorel Industries.

  21. #21
    ballbuster
    Reputation: pimpbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,640

    same as...

    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m View Post
    Red font...Its seriously serious now.


    Quote Originally Posted by KentM View Post
    Actually, if it weren't for Dorel Industries buying Cannondale out of bankruptcy, I doubt Cannondale would be in business. They are fortunate that they were bought by a company with $2.4B in revenues, which probably gives them the freedom to not make every move according to their P&L statement. They have a couple of good models, but the rest fall into the Schwinn category, which is also owned by Dorel Industries.
    Well, I dunno...

    I see they fall into the same category as Giant, Trek, Specialized, Kona, whoever, with their usual baseball bat soda can aluminum frames. They have their own geometry and a few design features to try and differentiate themselves from each other, but really they are all pretty much the same thing. The frames are no better or worse. It's just what fits you and works best for you.

    The only real difference is the components between their higher end alu bikes (which most have gone carbon at this point) and their lower rent stuff.

    Now, the Cannondale Lefty fork is an amazing piece of engineering. If you set fire to Cannondales entire inventory except for Lefty forks, I probably wouldn't notice the difference.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8
    Scalpel , Jekyll , Flash all fantastic race winning and proven bikes Super six , CAAD10 and Super six EVO all award winning and race wining bikes ... GT Zaskar , Sensor , Karakoram all have won awards and far from Pacific Quality bikes Schwinn Select are very nice , Schwinn wallmart are not the same they are built on the pacific line ... The next thing you'll say is Trek and Specialized are better and anyone that knows anything about the bike industry knows that's not the case ... And yes Dorel made a great choice buying Cannondale ...

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8
    and yes Wyatt very very serious with the red font , I figured the dumbasses that had no clue what they were saying needed the help ... ;o)

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,862
    VERY cool of you e-toughguy. In fact, I have seen Cannondale products in Costco before over the last several years so never say never. . . . .

    It's just what some companies do when they need to dump inventory.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8
    No you have not seen Cannondale in Costco before they don't sell to them Smart guy ... I'm a shop owner and got the update from the CEO of Dorel today on the phone ... Cannondale and GT are closed out to us not costco ... Like i said a European distributor did it illegally it won't happen again Toughguy .... Next time get a clue before you comment .....
    Last edited by singletracker72; 10-02-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •