Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'd be seriously afraid to ride a bike from Costco knowing the guy who collects carts or serves free samples probably put it together.

Hi.
    I remember multiple times when my local Costco would carry high-end and expensive bikes. For the life of me, I cannot remember what brand they were.

I understand Costco's bullying practices of manufacturers, and see why many people wouldn't want the store to carry their product. Interesting situation.

mtbr member
    Welcome to Costco, I love you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Costco 29er : Cannondale Trail SL4-costcocz8.jpg  

mtbr member
    VB sundae and bikes... Mmmmmmm...........

I ride brikes, dingus'
    You see!! This is why I shop at Sam's club!!
    You're not lost if you don't care where you are--- Tom Massie

mtbr member

fun bike!

Been riding aJekyll for about 12 months now and it's hands down the most fun bike I've owned to date and has turned my Nomad into a parts bike.

Pretty sure we will never see any high end bikes at costco regardless of the frame maker. These things are awesome

New Costco 29er : Cannondale Trail SL4-jekyll.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I owned a Super V many years ago and yesterday picked up a blacked out Cannondale from my local bike shop. Reputable guy/company for 50+ years. He was telling me all that has changed with Cannondale. I had no idea. I did choose the bike I bought because it was a few years old and one if the ones still handmade in the US. Having trouble identifying it's actual model. Says Ultra on the front forks, single head shock with lockout knob and rebound adjustment, Avid f/r disc brakes. SRAM x-7 shifters, Deore crank, X-7 rear derailleur, brand new Shimano SpeedDisc wheels and Crossroads Armadillo tires. The frame is a powdercoat black with dark black (almost camo looking) Cannondale decals. Serial is S042786. My guy said this bike was an excellent bike and being out of it for a while I can only take him for his word. There was another Cannondale that was a little newer, not in as good of shape, had rear suspension and just looked meaner. He said that bike isn't made in US and would be significantly heavier. Based on his recommendation I took this one home. Anyone tell me if its a good bike or just average. My budget was under 1k and I came in at $800. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    You girls are entirely too touchy.

To the guys trashing Cannondale: who the hell cares?? If you don't like their bikes, don't buy one! Personally, of all the bikes in the sub $1000 range, Scott and Cannondale have the only bikes that seem to fit me. Which one did I go with? The Cannondale. Why? Because it fit my body the best. Soo sorry that we don't all have a few grand to toss around like the rest of you, who seem to get a thrill from being all indie about your rides, which is probably just a coping mechanism for your lack of thrill down below. Mmmm, finally something powerful between your legs...

To the guys defending Cannondale: who gives a damn?? If you like the brand, keep riding it or selling it, and let people choose for themselves.

For everyone involved: timeless anecdote....arguing on the Internet is like competing in the special Olympics...win or lose, you're still retarded.

Cheers, turds.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cross2767 View Post
    For everyone involved: timeless anecdote....arguing on the Internet is like competing in the special Olympics...win or lose, you're still retarded.
    On the contrary, the cliche that seems most appropriate is this: subscribing to this thread is the gift that keeps on giving. Thanks for the entertainment.

No Stranger to danger....

To the guys trashing Cannondale: who the hell cares?? If you don't like their bikes, don't buy one! Personally, of all the bikes in the sub $1000 range, Scott and Cannondale have the only bikes that seem to fit me. Which one did I go with? The Cannondale. Why? Because it fit my body the best. Soo sorry that we don't all have a few grand to toss around like the rest of you, who seem to get a thrill from being all indie about your rides, which is probably just a coping mechanism for your lack of thrill down below. Mmmm, finally something powerful between your legs...

To the guys defending Cannondale: who gives a damn?? If you like the brand, keep riding it or selling it, and let people choose for themselves.

Cheers, turds.
    Mate, bwahahahahaha, youve been a member for 9 years and you have waited till now to make this enlightening thread, lol, and you have done the exact same thing your accusing others of, arguing on the net, and to top it of youve had a crack at people in the special olympics, mate youve really let yourself down, give yourself an uppercut and go out and enjoy your cracknfail.
    cheers
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Great first post!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    Damn, lunch of champions. Chicken Bake and a VB Sundae. Or a slice of combo and a churro.

Now I can eat lunch and scope on some hot 29ers.
    You have NO idea what you are talking about!

Hot Dog and Froyo is the best lunch combo, clearly.

wg
    Fermented Grain Sampler
    Your first post is to resurect this thread?
    Don't harsh my mello

mtbr member

New Costco 29er : Cannondale Trail SL4

Quote Originally Posted by cohenfive View Post
    You have NO idea what you are talking about!

Hot Dog and Froyo is the best lunch combo, clearly.

Ya but you have to go for the Polish dog, not just the lame a$$ hot dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

~~~
    Not to start a sausage war here, but I have to disagree. While the polish may be juicy and flavorful, the casing has failed on me one too many times. If you've ever experienced an unexpected eyeful of hot sausage oil when taking a bite, you'll know what I mean.

mtbr member

New Costco 29er : Cannondale Trail SL4

Quote Originally Posted by tburger View Post
    Not to start a sausage war here, but I have to disagree. While the polish may be juicy and flavorful, the casing has failed on me one too many times. If you've ever experienced an unexpected eyeful of hot sausage oil when taking a bite, you'll know what I mean.
    So many jokes running through my mind. Trying to be nice and bite my tongue here.

Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    So many jokes running through my mind. Trying to be nice and bite my tongue here.

What's so funny about sausages?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I think he's trying to think about what you mean by 'oil' perhaps?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    "crack and fail" is an old, old nickname for Cannondale who had major problems in the early 1990s with their aluminium alloy mountain bike frames which commonly used 1" steerer tubes and were prone to cracking around the headtube, seat cluster and bottom bracket area

bear in mind this was the infancy of aluminium alloy frame construction and problems with the aluminium alloys, welding processes and heat treatment processes caused problems for many brands, as Cannondale were one of the leading brands using aluminium alloy they experienced more failures...

in more recent times, Cannondale has been well known in the bike industry for having extremely rigorous (some would say anal) levels of quality control and testing regimes and their products have been well received by customers and the bike industry

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Well then...
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    Holy Zombie Thread!

That should cost you a chiclet...
    Last edited by dirtvert; 07-16-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

The Road Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tnetz798 View Post
    "crack and fail" is an old, old nickname for Cannondale who had major problems in the early 1990s with their aluminium alloy mountain bike frames which commonly used 1" steerer tubes and were prone to cracking around the headtube, seat cluster and bottom bracket area

bear in mind this was the infancy of aluminium alloy frame construction and problems with the aluminium alloys, welding processes and heat treatment processes caused problems for many brands, as Cannondale were one of the leading brands using aluminium alloy they experienced more failures...

in more recent times, Cannondale has been well known in the bike industry for having extremely rigorous (some would say anal) levels of quality control and testing regimes and their products have been well received by customers and the bike industry
    Name:  MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  36.1 KB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3