Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Someone is a ****

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Yep people that have NO clue and spew BS from their pie holes ....

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    wow, this thread is way more entertaining than I would have guessed from the title

PS. I think I read somewhere that the SL4 or possibly the SL5 was Cannondale's top selling model. Not too surprising seeing them show up in Costco. Medium size only though is pretty funny.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gxglass View Post
    wow, this thread is way more entertaining than I would have guessed from the title

PS. I think I read somewhere that the SL4 or possibly the SL5 was Cannondale's top selling model. Not too surprising seeing them show up in Costco. Medium size only though is pretty funny.
    They showed up because someone screwed up plain and simple , if someone buys one there they're screwed out of a lifetime warranty on the frame and the year or two on the parts ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by singletracker72 View Post
    They showed up because someone screwed up plain and simple , if someone buys one there they're screwed out of a lifetime warranty on the frame and the year or two on the parts ...
    Costco has a great return policy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Yes Mr. I know all shop owner, they have been sold there in the past. Sorry to break the news to you. It may have even been before Dorel took ownership of Cannondale.

Are you always this friendly and cool to potential customers? Good luck with that chip on your shoulder.......

singletrack bound
    looks like singletracker needs some rep here....

dude started out "in the red".

come on ya all.
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    if someone buys one there they're screwed out of a lifetime warranty on the frame and the year or two on the parts ...
    How many of these entry level frames fail. I'm looking at getting a cannondale for riding on bike paths. Should I be worried about this brand of bikes failing under light duty use?

Save Jesus
    Ok lets put an end to the BS on this string , A European distributor illegally sold these limited amount of bikes to Costco . Needless to say they are NO longer distributors of the Cannondale products ... These bikes sold at Costco carry NO warranty from Cannondale and Costco will NEVER have Cannondale products in their store again .... As for the Idiots saying Cannondale is a failing company you need to get your fact straight you're just an ignorant fool .... These ARE the FACTS .... Have a nice day ....
    Quoted for retinal relief only

mtbr member
    I'm gunna look rad riding a Costco Cannondale while eating my very berry sundae. Yeah bro!

HTFU!
    I am 100% positive Costco has sold Cannondale before. Why so certain you might ask? Well, I read it on the internet, so it must be true!
    This link to an article posted on 4/11 (toward end of 6th paragraph) states this is the case. I suggest 'singletracker72' contact and yell at the writer of said article for being a clueless fool who spews bs from his piehole.
    Last edited by S.O.B.; 10-03-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Sup
    guy on Cannondale Trail SL4 says to guy on scalpel " did you get that at COSTCO dude "

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

No Stranger to danger....
    Ok lets put an end to the BS on this string , A European distributor illegally sold these limited amount of bikes to Costco . Needless to say they are NO longer distributors of the Cannondale products ... These bikes sold at Costco carry NO warranty from Cannondale and Costco will NEVER have Cannondale products in their store again .... As for the Idiots saying Cannondale is a failing company you need to get your fact straight you're just an ignorant fool .... These ARE the FACTS .... Have a nice day ....
    LOL, Singletracker has waited 3 years to make his first post on MTBR in this thread, he has been stalking these forums night and day polishing his Cannondale waiting for the right moment to make a full frontal attack, waiting for a moment to get the red highlights out n kick some ass.
    I think after a 3 year wait its not a bad first post, i personally am looking forward to his next few, dont let anybody stop you singletracker, your on a role mate n doing well
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    You guys need to chill out. First off, I don't think it matters where you buy a bike as long as you ride it. It would be more tragic if you bought a high end bike and just park after a ride or so. OR you could be this kid:

'Ride Giant. Ride Whistler' Video Contest Winner Announced... - Pinkbike

Secondly, I think Cannondale is a good brand, despite the "crack-n-fail" title (actually the first time I've heard it). I've always wanted a Cannondale in the nineties when they came out with those oversized down tubes (friend had an M1000 that weighed less than 24 lbs in 1994!). The current OverMountain series (Jekyll and Claymore) look pretty awesome in my mind. I can see why Singletracker's feathers could be ruffled by claims of an inferior product.

Oh, and my first legitimate MTB bike? This Costco bike (Skykomish Marble Point).

20.5" Skykomish Marble Point $85 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Yep , Cannondale bikes were sold in Phoenix area Costco stores a few years ago.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DMFT View Post
    Yes Mr. I know all shop owner, they have been sold there in the past. Sorry to break the news to you. It may have even been before Dorel took ownership of Cannondale.

Are you always this friendly and cool to potential customers? Good luck with that chip on your shoulder.......
    No chip , just don't like when stupid people speak of things they know nothing about ... What shop do I own ? You would never know if you walked through the front door and we're the 3rd largest in sales for Cannondale in the US ... It's a fact that this is first time in Cannondales history they've been put in Costco ... I'm just glad that distributor has been cut ... Nothing devalues a brand like ending up in Costco or walmart ....

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    No chip , just don't like when stupid people speak of things they know nothing about ... What shop do I own ? You would never know if you walked through the front door and we're the 3rd largest in sales for Cannondale in the US ... It's a fact that this is first time in Cannondales history they've been put in Costco ... I'm just glad that distributor has been cut ... Nothing devalues a brand like ending up in Costco or walmart ....

07-02-01, 05:39 PM
    A friend of mine who happens to be a Manager at a Costco just told me that their store is selling several Cannondales. He didn't know how his store got the bikes.
    What's up with that? Am I going to start seeing C-dales at Costco's, Kmart's, and Wal Marts all over the country?

07-05-01, 12:48 PM
    The problem that I see is that Costco is not selling discounted c-dales. These aren't rebadged huffy's. They are selling $2500 Jeckyll's and $3700 road bikes. Yes, $2500 is the price they are selling the Jeckylls for and $3700 is the price of the road bike.

They are doing great diservice to the poor sucker who buys such an expensive bike there and then might get screwed if C-dale refuses to warranty their bike.

This also doesn't seem to make much business sense. I can see if they were selling the bikes at a third of their original cost but these bikes are still priced at over two grand. I doubt these bikes will be moving very quickly.

Cannondales at Costco [Archive] - Bike Forums

~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    I'm gunna look rad riding a Costco Cannondale while eating my very berry sundae. Yeah bro!
    LOL! And a chicken bake, yo.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    we're the 3rd largest in sales for Cannondale in the US ... It's a fact that this is first time in Cannondales history they've been put in Costco ... I'm just glad that distributor has been cut ... Nothing devalues a brand like ending up in Costco or walmart ....
    I would be pretty unhappy dealing with a situation like this too.

Think about how this will affect singletracker's business. He is going to lose more than a few sales to Costco and it will make his Cannondales seem cheap for those who make the connection. That is going to hurt.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by tburger View Post
    LOL! And a chicken bake, yo.
    Damn, lunch of champions. Chicken Bake and a VB Sundae. Or a slice of combo and a churro.

Now I can eat lunch and scope on some hot 29ers.

mtbr member
    I found this article on the interweb about the cannondale Costco scandal.

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/inter...r-costco-sales

I thought the most interesting part was that it says Costco's north rock bikes are made by Giant. I apologize if this is already common knowledge. It was news to me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
    I found this article on the interweb about the cannondale Costco scandal.

Cannondale shuts off distributor over Costco sales | Bicycle Retailer and Industry News
    That article brought me back to this thread.

Save Jesus
    Nothing devalues a brand like ending up in Costco or walmart ....
    U know what else devalues a brand? When their dealers go on the internet and make an S of themselves flaming others.

Also, good job refusing to honor the warranties. "We fully stand behind our bikes. Except these ones."

ballbuster

Wow!

No you have not seen Cannondale in Costco before they don't sell to them Smart guy ... I'm a shop owner and got the update from the CEO of Dorel today on the phone ... Cannondale and GT are closed out to us not costco ... Like i said a European distributor did it illegally it won't happen again Toughguy .... Next time get a clue before you comment .....
    You really need a cookie and a nap.

Just having a good chuckle over the expressed anger to actual issue ratio in that post. It's like you blew off a waiter's head with a shotgun for putting too much pepper on your salad.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    Don't forget that crappy pizza!
    Last edited by pimpbot; 10-03-2012 at 05:15 PM.

mtbr member
    No personal experience with recent Cannondale MTBs, but my wife has a new Supersix road bike and loves it. Great service and support from local dealer. My road bike is a Diamondback, which makes some of the best carbon frames I've ridden down to the some of the worst dime store bikes I've seen. Again, buy a bike for the specs and fit, not the name.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast