Totally, and to the max.

Need a volunteer for the Downieville Gathering! Pyramid Brewery in Sacramento...

So the good news is that Pyramid Brewery is donating a keg(s) of beer for the Gathering. Woot! The bad news is that we have no way of getting it as of yet. We are looking for someone interested in swinging by the brewery on the way up and picking up the giant cans. Ideally, you have a truck with extra space and can handle loading 160 lbs. (each) with some help.

Please let us know if you can assist and when you are planning to arrive. We have something cool set aside for the effort. Aside from the tasty beer!

Hardtail Mafia
    Apr 2009
    Paging redmr2_man... redmr2_man to the white courtesy phone please...

I know he's talkin' about going to Downieville, not sure if it's for the gathering, I'll let him know.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by K-max
    So the good news is that Pyramid Brewery is donating a keg(s) of beer for the Gathering. Woot! The bad news is that we have no way of getting it as of yet. We are looking for someone interested in swinging by the brewery on the way up and picking up the giant cans. Ideally, you have a truck with extra space and can handle loading 160 lbs. (each) with some help.

Please let us know if you can assist and when you are planning to arrive. We have something cool set aside for the effort. Aside from the tasty beer!
    Sure, I'll pick 'em up! I'm not going to Downiville, though.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

No really, I am that slow
    How many cans are we talking here? Do they have to be returned?

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Despacio
    How many cans are we talking here? Do they have to be returned?
    Aw, c'mon! Is this a setup?

He's talking about kegs, man, kegs! And of course they have to be returned.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

No really, I am that slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Aw, c'mon! Is this a setup?

He's talking about kegs, man, kegs! And of course they have to be returned.
    D'oh. I just keyed off of "cans".

mtbr member
    I can do it but my current schedule wonít put me in Díville until 5pm on Friday (maybe a few hours earlier). If that works for you then just pm me with details. Keep in mind that I probably canít fit more than 8 kegs in my truck with gear.

Just as important as getting the kegs to Díville will be keeping them cold! Any thoughts?

Totally, and to the max.
    Brent, would you be willing to just return them? Empty Beer has offered to pick them up. At which point can no longer be called Empty Beer. ;-) We promise that the kegs will be lighter on the return trip! With your help of course...

Quote Originally Posted by mtb_Canuck
    I can do it but my current schedule wonít put me in Díville until 5pm on Friday (maybe a few hours earlier). If that works for you then just pm me with details. Keep in mind that I probably canít fit more than 8 kegs in my truck with gear.

Just as important as getting the kegs to Díville will be keeping them cold! Any thoughts?

Proud lame eBiker
    this is like mtb heaven.

great riding....and kegs of yummy beer that you're being asked to pick up. How sweet is that?! Wish I was going to the gathering, but alas, back pain keeps me out this year....grrrr!
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Totally, and to the max.
    You don't have to ride to have fun. Just a thought......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-max
    Brent, would you be willing to just return them? Empty Beer has offered to pick them up. At which point can no longer be called Empty Beer. ;-) We promise that the kegs will be lighter on the return trip! With your help of course...
    Less prestigious task (returning empty kegs) Ö but I can drop them off if required. I am however, gonna require that they be empty! Nothing more embarrassing than returning a half empty kegÖ