Finally stateside again

Need some trail help

So I am heading up to clear lake next weekend for a family get together and want to bring the bike. I have never really heard of anything to ride up that way but I am hoping I can find something. I will be staying in Lakeport so I was hoping for something near that area. It doesn't have to be anything crazy or the most amazing ride ever I just want some single track to go out and explore. Also if you have any brewery recommendations or local watering holes those are also useful

mtbr member

Need some trail help

Look up Boggs Mountain. Probably your best bet in that area. But maybe some locals will chime in to.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    On your way up you could do Skyline in Napa , Angwin or Oat hill mine.

I like mtn biking, too

Need some trail help

Boggs is the best bet if you are in Lakeport. You can find numerous threads in this forum with good route suggestions.
    Never use your face as a brake pad.
    -Jake Watson

Finally stateside again
    thanks for the input. it looks like its about 40 min away which isn't to bad. i will see if i can convince my dad to go up as well. if not i may try to find something a little more local

mtbr member
    I went up there a few years back with high hopes but learned there wasn't much of anything in and around town...however, perhaps things have changed.
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

mtbr member
    Boggs is great fun, mostly buffed fast singletrack with the occasional steep climb or bit of jeep road. You can put a 3 to 5 hour ride together there. It should be a few degrees cooler up there and is almost all shaded.. The only brewpub I know is in Middletown, on the south side of Boggs so not ideal for you. Not a fan of the beer or food either. Have fun.

mtbr member
    One more vote for Boggs, that place is awesome.
    East Bay Parks AKA East Bay Cattle Ranches

Cynical Chump
    Quote Originally Posted by ronski View Post
    The only brewpub I know is in Middletown, on the south side of Boggs so not ideal for you.
    And, at least as of a few weeks ago, they are no longer brewing (but they do have a good selection of other micros).

mtbr member
    Dave, thanks for the update. That's probably good news... Looks like there is some other beer action at Clearlake, but I haven't checked it out. Someone local will have to chime in, or the OP can google/yelp etc

Inspector Gadget
    Boggs.

I like mtn biking, too
    In tiny Cobb, just 5 min's down the hill from Boggs there is a pizza place which is quite good. They do have a small selection of good microbrews on tap, too. There is also a vibrant coffee shop with good snacks/lunch items. I am sad to see just now that Molly Brennan's closed down in Lakeport. It was one of the few places worth going to in Lake County.
    Never use your face as a brake pad.
    -Jake Watson

TrinityRiverKerplunk
    Goat Mountain, Sheet Iron and St. Johns aren't too far away, but probably far enough to warrant not going.

That said, its miles upon miles of backroads out there with no one else around. we used to do the 11 mile HC on St. John's Mtn on a regulatb basis back in the late 80s and early 90s.
    Good friction shifting is getting hard to find nowadays....

Finally stateside again
    Thanks everyone. I am going to try and hit Boggs up. I a going to wake up early and do a solo mission. Hopefully i can find some good food and brew around. my dad was telling me some new brewery just opened up in lakeport so I'm going to find that and check it out. if its good ill let you all know

default title
    Mar 2008
    +1 on the pizza place in Cobb. TwinDaddy recommended. Moonlight Death and Taxes on tap I hear.
    "My opinions are often more offensive than my *******." - Twindaddy