Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    A little bit off-topic, but does there exist a map of the course?

Jerms

Let's ride SuperModerator
    Those Sport SSers and Expert SSers are some fast motherefffers. Wow.

oddly, the course is entirely uphill, but the fast SSers are some of the fastest over all..

cbc
    Bullit Rider
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by velocipus
    I wondered if that was you... I also wished you a good time slogging that beast out of the depths of the valley... All of the hooting and hollering came from three people. we would watch a group come through and then head off to the next interesting trail feature to watch folks come through again.

Sorry I didn't stick around to give you a nutter butter after the long climb... I had to go "encourage" near the end of the race.
    Thanks man! I was really hurting from my stomach at the time, and later on I was dyeing from not being able to breathe anyway

At the bottom of some of the 3 arrow downs, there were some 4 wheel drive folks too. I cleaned all the downs, everytime it seemed there were a bunch of stoked people at the bottom encouraging me on It was a nice first - time experience!

Clay

cbc
    Bullit Rider
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jerms

Jerms
    There may exist a map somewhere, however the first time I saw the map of the course was on the sign at the college. Small map, I didn't take notes or anything, however it did have descriptive trail names. The only name I recall seeing on the couse was "Angwish Hill"

Clay

bicycle rider

Jerms
    This is what my gps / bike computer recorded. It's effectively a map.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2536678

If you open it in Google Earth you can get more detail, and it's possible to have it overlay a topo map in google earth.

http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archi...opo_map_i.html
    http://www.mcwetboy.net/maproom/2006...ion_topo_m.php

Morgan

Roost

tires

Quote Originally Posted by zon
    I ran IRC Mythos II XC 2.1's and they were awesome. Cheap , light , effective, what more could you ask for.
    I can second that, I ran em around 43+ psi and they cleared really well.

On another note, thanks to all who came out, Great to see the Cyclesports crew and others...

I did this race last year and had a blast. This year was even better. So many cool people. I have a race report posted @ http://sfcyclist.blogspot.com/

Nick

bicycle rider
    Quote Originally Posted by sfcyclist
    I can second that, I ran em around 43+ psi and they cleared really well.

On another note, thanks to all who came out, Great to see the Cyclesports crew and others...

I did this race last year and had a blast. This year was even better. So many cool people. I have a race report posted @ http://sfcyclist.blogspot.com/

Nick
    Nick! I am kind of dense. I didn't realize you were Nick from cyclocross when we were talking. Good to see you. Man you had a good time for the course! I am definitely going to target this race for improvement next year.

What gear were you running? Those Bianchi Ritas are nice...

Morgan

Remember fellas.... PUC is private property... officially off limits aside from the races... careful whatcha post.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cbc
    Thanks man! I was really hurting from my stomach at the time, and later on I was dyeing from not being able to breathe anyway

At the bottom of some of the 3 arrow downs, there were some 4 wheel drive folks too. I cleaned all the downs, everytime it seemed there were a bunch of stoked people at the bottom encouraging me on It was a nice first - time experience!

Clay
    The red necks are one of my favorite features of the course... they call us lycra wearin' fagg0ts when we're out on the road, but they seem very curious when it comes to this race.

Joking aside, those guys from Pope Valley are a great bunch and they keep the lower trails maintained with their atvs.

Roost

Gearing on the Rita

Morgan,

No worries,

I was using a 33X19 gear on the Rita... A bit stiff on the climbs but managable.

It is a great bike I love it......

bicycle rider
    My bike was pretty fouled up after the race.

I didn't wash it until today. Tonight's my regular Thursday night ride, and it was not really in a rideable state. I know you're not supposed to wash Blurs - the Santa Cruz bikes' pivots don't like water - but damn it was funky.

I'll rebuild the pivots when they start creaking again.

Nice shiny bike:

Rides nice too, no noises, I can backpedal, sweet. I'm stoked for tonight's night ride. Gonna swap the Michelin Muds for some bigger Nobby Nics when I get home from work.

Morgan

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Nice Race SFcyclist

Roger (Sycip Rider)

Track Junkie
    A map of the trails of the area may or may not exist. There is NOT one posted online, and there MIGHT be a hand-drawn one at the LBS in the area, depending on the quality of beer you're bringing in.

-Brad
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Octane
    A map of the trails of the area may or may not exist. There is NOT one posted online, and there MIGHT be a hand-drawn one at the LBS in the area, depending on the quality of beer you're bringing in.

-Brad
    Rumor has it the PUC told that shop to knock it off.

Roost
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger___
    Roger (Sycip Rider)

Thanks Roger.... good racing with you. See you out there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2