Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    YESBRO!!!

Murphy Mack's Mendocino MTB Madness! Aug 24-26 Jackson State Demonstration Forest

Everything you need to know is here: Murphy Mack's Mendocino MTB Madness | In short, M5.
    Last edited by datenschwanz; 07-23-2012 at 11:10 AM.

mtbr member
    looks sweet, Really wish I could.... if it happens next year I am there for sure.
    To love me is to rep me, world domination is eminent/imminent/immanent.

YESBRO!!!
    We're adding speed clinics now too. Advanced riding clinics with Brian Astell. He'll teach you what you need to know to go faster when you're already going fast.

mtbr member
    This looks sweet, cept I booked a weekend of camping in Humbolt with lady for that weekend

Coastal Rider
    Nov 2006

Brian is one bad ass rider!

Quote Originally Posted by datenschwanz View Post
    We're adding speed clinics now too. Advanced riding clinics with Brian Astell. He'll teach you what you need to know to go faster when you're already going fast.
    Every time I have ridden with Brian he blows me away. There is nothing this guy will not do and do well. It's so sweet that he will be showing folks how it's done!
    I'll be around to help with the fun rides.
    This will be a blast!

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005

New question here. A Question?

Everything you need to know is here: Murphy Mack's Mendocino MTB Madness | In short, M5.
    Hi Mr. datenschwanz,

It looks like a lot of fun! If my wife and I come can you guarantee us a private cabin? I see most of the cabins are 4 bed cabins. Which of the three private “group campgrounds” at Mendocino Woodlands are you renting?

Mendocino Woodlands: Choose Your Camping Area

Thanks,

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsnead View Post
    Hi Mr. datenschwanz,

It looks like a lot of fun! If my wife and I come can you guarantee us a private cabin? I see most of the cabins are 4 bed cabins. Which of the three private “group campgrounds” at Mendocino Woodlands are you renting?

Thanks,

Michael
    All the cabins at the Woodlands are four person, unless something has changed in the last year. I have been going to a music camp there for years... that's how I know.

Medium?
    Bump! Who's going?

YESBRO!!!
    Hi Mr. datenschwanz,

Thanks,

Michael
    Let me see what we can work out for you!

mtbr member
    The Mendocino Coast Cyclists are getting the trails in pristine shape for this grand event. Alot of work has gone into getting ready for the weekend's race. The downhill section of Big Tree will be a highlight to all. It is a perfect setting for a kick ass weekend of racing and riding. This M5 race in the Woodlands State Park should not be missed.

YESBRO!!!
    Hi Mr. datenschwanz,

Thanks,

Michael
    I've rented Camp One and Camp Two. If there's four of you I can get you a private cabin.

swag ho Administrator
    Murphy is now a huge sponsor of the Norcal forum.

Support him so he can continue to bring these awesome events. He's giving back too to the Mendo folks and trails.

fc

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    I've rented Camp One and Camp Two. If there's four of you I can get you a private cabin.
    Hi Mr. datenschwanz,

We are just two. I understand your need to use all four beds in a cabin. We’ll see if any of our friends are interested in going and get back to you if we can make a foursome. Thank you for getting back to me and sharing the information on the accommodations!

Good luck with your event,

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

YESBRO!!!
    Several people have asked about a one-day race only entry. We're working on that now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    99% sure wife, baby and I will be in. If so, I'll volunteer the race.

mtbr member
    Looks like a great event. If I wanted to bring my wife and two kids up, but I am the only one riding, how would I handle the registration?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Is tent camping an option?

This is looking like a possibility. I've been wanting to get up there and ride for a while. But if I wanted to sleep in a tent, is that an option? Call me crazy, but I just like camping.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Tents are fine

Quote Originally Posted by skubaboy View Post
    This is looking like a possibility. I've been wanting to get up there and ride for a while. But if I wanted to sleep in a tent, is that an option? Call me crazy, but I just like camping.
    I'm sure you can.

YESBRO!!!
    Race-day only registration ticket added | Murphy Mack's Mendocino MTB Madness

Some people have asked about race day only registration. We've added that ticket to the site as well as a ticket for non-riding guests and kids under 12 years of age. (Kids under 12 are free)

YESBRO!!!

2012 M5 Murphy Mack's Mendocino MTB Madness from Hans Kellner on Vimeo.

August 24-25, 2012

This is the first time that the Mendocino Woodlands State Park has ever allowed a mountain bike race on their property! THE ROUTE IS FANTASTIC!

It’s about 10 miles per lap with roughly 1800 feet of vertical per lap. Two ups, two downs. The climbs are littered with passing areas and there is one choice of short/steep or shallow/longer for you each lap as well. The downhills are like bobsled runs. We are grooming, pruning and manicuring the trails between now and race day. Buff, smooth and fast. If you’ve never raced singletrack before, this is a great route to jump into it on. If you are superpro you can make it as terrifying as you like, simply by going faster. NOTE: 810mm bars not recommended.

More information here: http://mendo.superproracing.com/

YESBRO!!!
    We're doing a little more buffing out of the turns this weekend on the race course. If you'd like to help we'd love to have you along.

Also, I'm going to be shooting a full speed race course video using front and rear and chase cams. If you'd like to be in that whisper me. Pizza and beer to follow.

YESBRO!!!

YESBRO!!!

NugJug built the BEAUTIFUL all natural material split redwood bridge and set it in the trail on the race course. It replaces a really old, rotted out nail-filled hazard that had been there previously. It's super stable and it looks fantastic! Thanks NugJug!

Now that we've paid the $11,000 for the cabins for the weekend you can GO REGISTER RIGHT NOW!

Check out this link and see all of the super cool stuff that's included with your entry: Registration | Murphy Mack's Mendocino MTB Madness

mtbr member

Rode the western section of course yesterday

The MCC group ride took in the western section (Cookhouse and Manly Gulch) of the
    M5 race course for its Sunday ride. Very sweet! Looks like it was swept with a broom with clear views of all the turns. These trails are about as clean as they have ever been. Thanks to the Mendocino Coast Cyclists for all their hard earned volunteer work getting the trails ready for the M5 event.

YESBRO!!!
    Roo's right! There were seven MCC members out trimming, sweeping, sawing, pruning, grooming, sweating and making the trail GLORIOUS.

Sight lines have been opened and the downhills are looking like bobsled runs.

Mendocino Coast Cyclists- join them. There's a link on the registration page. It's only $20 a year and 100% of the money goes right into making the trails in the area more accesible and radder. You really cannot spend so little and have it do so much anywhere else.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast