three3nine
    Mtbr and iPads...
    Challenging to say the least...
  • 01-25-2013
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    How is that?
  • 01-25-2013
    d-bug
    It works, but takes forever for a page to load from ads and while it's loading it's constantly being resized.
    In general, I think it's the terrible safari browser. I'd rather have IE.
  • 01-25-2013
    jkidd_39
    Get tapatalk. Problem solved for $1.99 iirc
  • 01-25-2013
    Katana
    I agree about iPads being a pain, you go to click a link and it page jumps and you get the wrong thread.... Argh
  • 01-26-2013
    shiggy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    I agree about iPads being a pain, you go to click a link and it page jumps and you get the wrong thread.... Argh

I get those jumps when using Chrome for iPad. Just have to wait for the page to load. I usually do not wait long enough :-/

TapaTalk solves that but you miss some of the content (some videos, links, pics...)
  • 01-26-2013
    fgiraffe
    FWIW, same problems in Chrome.
  • 01-26-2013
    Ogre
    They are too busy building support for Google Glass to mess with the iPad. No-one uses iPads anyhow.
  • 01-26-2013
    Tripower
    JavaScript
    Turn it off for MTBR. Works great.
  • 01-26-2013
    Procter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    They are too busy building support for Google Glass to mess with the iPad. No-one uses iPads anyhow.

IPad market share is still 87% of tablets:

http://bgr.com/2012/12/27/ipad-marke...r-2012-270776/

(no i don't work for apple)
  • 01-26-2013
    pimpbot
    Dunno about you, but mt ipad2 loads mtbr pages pretty much instantly over my wifi/Comcast at home. I'm not using cellular.
  • 01-26-2013
    three3nine
    Replying sometimes gives you the now you see the keyboard, now you don't thing too, it bounces up, then down...
  • 01-26-2013
    plantdude
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
    Get tapatalk. Problem solved for $1.99 iirc

This
  • 01-26-2013
    splatworldwide
    One main problem is that the page does not load progressively, top to bottom. The forum directory loads and then all the ad modules follow, thus shifting the layout after the user has started reading and trying to interact with the page.

Poor design, poor coding. But we stick around for the good community, I guess.
  • 01-26-2013
    Schott
    I like tapatalk
  • 01-26-2013
    roogie
    They are a ***** to get on the handlebars solidly without a good RAM mount though! 8-)

(and yes, Tapatalk works very well)

roog
  • 01-26-2013
    jrm
    No problem using chrome
    on my nexus 7.
  • 01-26-2013
    j__h
    Agreed, nexus 7 working well for me.
  • 01-26-2013
    rensho
    ipads are the suck for a bunch of things. So good, but so lame for some critical things like MTBR and the daily show.
  • 01-26-2013
    EBrider
    No problem on the Samsung s3. But please continue in the Apple cult to help my stock.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • 01-26-2013
    Broncstad
    Use tapatalk and when some content isn't visible, open in safari, view it, then go back to tapatalk. This is what I do on my phone.
  • 01-26-2013
    rensho
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EBrider View Post
    No problem on the Samsung s3. But please continue in the Apple cult to help my stock.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Your stock needs to call the LA foundation for a huge dose of EPO.
  • 01-26-2013
    three3nine
    Considering the size and breadth of this site, while I appreciate it, the design and function of at least the forums section is pretty hokey. The vBulletin template here has had tons of ad-code dumped on it to serve ads from an ad-server (unless its a vBulletin mod add-on, unlikely) and the loading and shifting, jumping layout kind of sucks. Just saying... Not my career, but I've done quite a bit of site and forum work, and vBulletin is a bit clunky to begin with (compared to phpBB) but the implementation here is pretty wack. I like the content but the design and coding....eh....