Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 175
  1. #1
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588

    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th

    Due to popular demand we are setting up an MTBR Group Ride in Georgetown for January 13th and 14th with California Expeditions.

    MTB Shuttle - California Expeditions Homepage

    Date: January 13th and 14th
    Time: 9am sharp to 4pm (approx.)
    Location: 6274 Main St, Georgetown, CA (at Worton's Market)
    Cost:
    Tips are welcomed and I expect you to not be a cheapskate! I paid $40 last time. This is for all day guiding and multiple shuttles up trails. However, Thomas' main goal is to get you up there and get you stoked about the area. Contribute what you feel the trip was worth to you and how you would like to see the future of the area grow. There is no hard set cost for this trip. If you're broke then you're broke. Come shred with us anyway and give what you can. You're going to leave with a smile on your face I promise.

    We will park vehicles on the street then jump in the shuttle and ride off to glory. Bring plenty of water and snacks. You can pick up extra supplies at Worton's, in fact, the more you spend in town the better they like it. The terrain is a little bit of everything from loam to hardpack to rocky and loose chunk. Bring spare tubes.

    Camping could be an option! Dru Barner Campground or unimproved spots are available for us RTT and car campers. Assuming weather holds.

    Jan 13th Rider List (12 spots) CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER!


    1. JCWages
    2. JeniBolts
    3. Wigeontrail
    4. M.Freitas
    5. drakoniac
    6. fc
    7. Brah
    8. B1Ker
    9. f0nz0
    10. ryanxj
    11. dsmxsteve
    12. Tommybees
    13. Schlobo



    Jan 14th Rider List (12 spots) Going for it!


    1. Lollygaggin
    2. Curtis C
    3. JCWages
    4. Motocatfish
    5. rox (interested)
    6. IamHolland
    7. IamHolland friend
    8. mestapho
    9. Mossterioso
    10. Schlobo
    11. Wilman D +1


    The Georgetown Sampler with BKXC


    January 21st Rider List - FULL
    1. Captain Cob
    2. Orion M
    3. JCWages
    4. Orion Kroeger
    5. Wilman D
    6. dmxsteve
    7. Schlobo
    8. Tommybees (interested)


  2. #2
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Couple examples of what we will/may be riding.


  3. #3
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,739
    That looks awesome.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Riding slowly since 1977.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    322
    OK, IN here too! :-)

    Catfish ...

  6. #6
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by motocatfish View Post
    OK, IN here too! :-)

    Catfish ...
    Definitely crossing my fingers for good conditions/weather.

  7. #7
    Ride On!
    Reputation: NorthSideOf50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    763
    I'm in for either the 13th if something opens up or the 14th. Been wanting to head up and ride Georgetown, will be good to have some others to navigate with. Did shuttles with Tom before and was a rock'n time.

  8. #8
    huck to flat
    Reputation: The Trail Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    667
    $40??? thats nuts.

  9. #9
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by The Trail Bum View Post
    $40??? thats nuts.
    For a guide and multiple shuttles It's not. $20 for a Butcher Ranch shuttle and $40 for the Mill's and Butcher shuttle with no guide. If this were a simple drop off I would agree but it's not.

  10. #10
    huck to flat
    Reputation: The Trail Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    667
    Dville shuttle is 45min to the top lol

    Gtown shuttles are about 10min.

    But I guess having a guide is worth it, if ya don't like exploring

  11. #11
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by The Trail Bum View Post
    Dville shuttle is 45min to the top lol

    Gtown shuttles are about 10min.

    But I guess having a guide is worth it, if ya don't like exploring
    Exactly, now multiply that by 4 trips up the mountain. Haha

    I totally agree with ya if it were not for the guided part. I look at it as supporting the little man trying to make something cool up there. I don't have the physical capacity to do trail work so I don't mind paying a little extra for those who do and open up more places for us to ride. You know what I mean.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dchester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    For a guide and multiple shuttles It's not. $20 for a Butcher Ranch shuttle and $40 for the Mill's and Butcher shuttle with no guide. If this were a simple drop off I would agree but it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Trail Bum View Post
    Dville shuttle is 45min to the top lol

    Gtown shuttles are about 10min.

    But I guess having a guide is worth it, if ya don't like exploring
    There is one route that is no harder than the Clementine>Culvert>Confluence loop with 6 down 6 up. Easily put in 3,000' ascending in a day w/o shuttle, isn't too bad, but I think its a perfect shuttle area since driving from pick up and drop off is minimal. All in all, for many people its worth the $40. Cost per miles is similar to Dville if you factor in the guide. Good for the economy too. :-)

  13. #13
    President of the Internet
    Reputation: Widgeontrail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by dchester View Post
    There is one route that is no harder than the Clementine>Culvert>Confluence loop with 6 down 6 up. Easily put in 3,000' ascending in a day w/o shuttle, isn't too bad, but I think its a perfect shuttle area since driving from pick up and drop off is minimal. All in all, for many people its worth the $40. Cost per miles is similar to Dville if you factor in the guide. Good for the economy too. :-)
    What's the route?
    Sometimes you eat the trail, sometimes the trail eats you.

    Thinking of buying a home?
    http://Search-Sacramento-Homes.com

  14. #14
    huck to flat
    Reputation: The Trail Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Widgeontrail View Post
    What's the route?
    Bald Mountain North Side DH + Trail 8 down ---> then climb a fire road back up to bald MTN
    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-gtown.jpg

    Park at Bald Mtn climb the road to the fire look out, drop a little cutty trail past the bathroom, drop northside dh, traverse the road, drop Trail 8 to rock creek road, climb the purple line back to your car.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    779
    It used to rain in California in January.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ryanxj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,314
    Interested for sure for Saturday
    Velofix.com for mobile bike repair in Sac

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dchester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by The Trail Bum View Post
    Bald Mountain North Side DH + Trail 8 down ---> then climb a fire road back up to bald MTN
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gtown.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	1172011

    Park at Bald Mtn climb the road to the fire look out, drop a little cutty trail past the bathroom, drop northside dh, traverse the road, drop Trail 8 to rock creek road, climb the purple line back to your car.
    Yup - internet went down...you beat me.

  18. #18
    President of the Internet
    Reputation: Widgeontrail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by The Trail Bum View Post
    Bald Mountain North Side DH + Trail 8 down ---> then climb a fire road back up to bald MTN
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gtown.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	1172011

    Park at Bald Mtn climb the road to the fire look out, drop a little cutty trail past the bathroom, drop northside dh, traverse the road, drop Trail 8 to rock creek road, climb the purple line back to your car.
    Beautiful. Thanks. Wasn't sure how to connect all that. Probably hit that and others this Friday if anybody is up.
    Sometimes you eat the trail, sometimes the trail eats you.

    Thinking of buying a home?
    http://Search-Sacramento-Homes.com

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    396
    Use trail forks app, all those are on there. Don't count on having service. It comes and goes out there. There are little additions you can add to trail bums route if you want more trail. I highly suggest the silver trail and then coming down 3-1. They are marked on trail forks.

  20. #20
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Thanks for the map, Dane!

    The whole point is to get riders up there and check it out. You can use the service or just go out and explore but just get out there. It's a blast.

  21. #21
    rox
    rox is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,464
    innarrested

  22. #22
    Contains no juice.
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    15,381
    I'm only in if Picard is going.
    "...rhetorical hyperbole..."

  23. #23
    Trail Gnome
    Reputation: griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    I'm only in if Picard is going.
    But, but, but, but...I thought you were Picard

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: yeti575inCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,494
    Jc..im in plus 1.

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Wēk Ss
    Reputation: IAmHolland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,040
    Me + 1, maybe. Interested for sure, but kid's soccer takes priority and the state wide tournament rounds are still ongoing. I don't yet know if that weekend is free.

    Edit: do these guys do bike rentals?

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mossterioso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    203
    What, you've never experienced Juneuary?

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mestapho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,443
    Interested for sunday

  28. #28
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Updated the list and added Brian's video since he finally got around to posting it. I've been waiting since the Patreon version 2 weeks ago.

  29. #29
    Wēk Ss
    Reputation: IAmHolland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,040
    So, $40 + tip, per? Any place to stay up there that's bike friendly (dirty bikes possibly)? Ride both days? Might want to bring the fam, just to get away for a weekend.

    Any rentals? My +1 is my son, who has a Giant Anthem. It works for him, but might want to check out a bigger bike as well.

  30. #30
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    So, $40 + tip, per? Any place to stay up there that's bike friendly (dirty bikes possibly)? Ride both days? Might want to bring the fam, just to get away for a weekend.

    Any rentals? My +1 is my son, who has a Giant Anthem. It works for him, but might want to check out a bigger bike as well.
    I updated the main post with regards to pricing.

    Due to the early start time it is tough to find a rental that early so you would have to pick up the evening before which is no good for out of towners unless you're staying in the area. Victory Velo has a nice rental fleet and are close to Hwy49 for easy pickup and drop off. Check Auburn Bike Company and A-Town Bikes as well. All are within a few miles of each other.

    There are 3 hotels/inns in Georgetown. I have not stayed in any of them but they seem to rate well.

    Rock Creek Inn
    Hilltop Motel
    American River Inn (B&B)

    There are a handful hotels in Auburn which is not far from Georgetown as well as Placerville if you are coming from that direction.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    Interested for sunday
    What? I've only been trying to get you to join me for a year. ...

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mestapho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,443
    Quote Originally Posted by prozach0215 View Post
    What? I've only been trying to get you to join me for a year. ...
    You went on Saturday last time. And I saw what you did to Scott.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ryanxj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by prozach0215 View Post
    What? I've only been trying to get you to join me for a year. ...
    Take a hint, man!
    Velofix.com for mobile bike repair in Sac

  34. #34
    Wēk Ss
    Reputation: IAmHolland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by prozach0215 View Post
    What? I've only been trying to get you to join me for a year. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    You went on Saturday last time. And I saw what you did to Scott.

  35. #35
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by prozach0215 View Post
    What? I've only been trying to get you to join me for a year. ...
    You were going to make him climb. I offered shuttles.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dsmxsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    162
    Bummer I havent seen this till now but Im a for sure for
    The Saturday ride if all others fall through


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  37. #37
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    30,976
    Well schit... if dsmxsteve is going....

    Rooftop tent.... rc cars. ebikes for the campfire. hmm....
    IPA will save America

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ryanxj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Well schit... if dsmxsteve is going....

    Rooftop tent.... rc cars. ebikes for the campfire. hmm....

    Agreed!
    Velofix.com for mobile bike repair in Sac

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dsmxsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Well schit... if dsmxsteve is going....

    Rooftop tent.... rc cars. ebikes for the campfire. hmm....
    Are you starting the fire with an Ebike, or throwing it in after it is already started? I kid I kid.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #40
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    30,976
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmxsteve View Post
    Are you starting the fire with an Ebike, or throwing it in after it is already started? I kid I kid.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fuel to the fire of course. Jump fire and fail on purpose
    IPA will save America

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    98
    Yes!
    Wish I had seen this sooner as well.
    I will confer with my team this evening.
    Tepui is staying on the 5thElement until the snow kicks in and I love a good fire pit.
    How is this list structured? First ones to pay lock it in?

  42. #42
    Wēk Ss
    Reputation: IAmHolland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    I updated the main post with regards to pricing.
    So, no set price. Pay what you feel it's worth. Wow! I'd feel guilty being cheap.

  43. #43
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,191
    ^^^^^Ditto to iHolland. Is it a virtual sign up, pre-pay or honor system once you get up there? Like to chk it out but not sure what's happnin that weekend til after first of year.
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

  44. #44
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    ^^^^^Ditto to iHolland. Is it a virtual sign up, pre-pay or honor system once you get up there? Like to chk it out but not sure what's happnin that weekend til after first of year.
    Honor system. Stuff happens and Id rather not have to deal with weather-based cancellations and such. Most of us here know each other at least a little so if you hog up a spot then don't show everyone will know you're an ass so that will help clean this list up as we get closer.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    295
    Seems dirt cheap to me...wish there was something like this closer to me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2017 Ibis Ripley LS Factory X01

  46. #46
    President of the Internet
    Reputation: Widgeontrail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    787
    Riding there Friday (12/15) around 11:00 if there are any takers. ~25 miles, no shuttles
    Sometimes you eat the trail, sometimes the trail eats you.

    Thinking of buying a home?
    http://Search-Sacramento-Homes.com

  47. #47
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,191
    Whoah....we've not yet met and already I'm an ass!
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

  48. #48
    Wēk Ss
    Reputation: IAmHolland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Honor system. Stuff happens and Id rather not have to deal with weather-based cancellations and such. Most of us here know each other at least a little so if you hog up a spot then don't show everyone will know you're an ass so that will help clean this list up as we get closer.
    damn, passive-aggressive whip cracker. i'm working on it. need to sort living arrangements, unless i make it a day trip and drive 4 hrs each way.

  49. #49
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Whoah....we've not yet met and already I'm an ass!
    Lmao! Oops. I wasn't directing that at you or anyone else in particular. Generalization.

  50. #50
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    damn, passive-aggressive whip cracker. i'm working on it. need to sort living arrangements, unless i make it a day trip and drive 4 hrs each way.
    No worries. That's a hell of a trip for you. I'm just hoping the weather cooperates.

  51. #51
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    More G-Town stoke!


  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    98
    Towards the end of Brian's video I noticed a sweet looking trench section. That is now on the must hit list.

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,183

    Georgetown moto

    Had the opportunity to ride dirt bikes at Georgetown yesterday.

    Nearly 30 miles of riding, and almost all of it was twisty singletrack. Trails seemed to be well marked, but I didn't come across any singletrack that was open to mtn bikes but also said 'no motos'. I'd saw maybe half of what we rode would be good on a mtb.

    Never been dirt biking before, and this morning I'm more tired than when I rode a century.

    Looking forward to riding up there on the mtn bike.MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th-gtown.jpg
    Live to Ride, Ride to Live

  54. #54
    President of the Internet
    Reputation: Widgeontrail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    Had the opportunity to ride dirt bikes at Georgetown yesterday.

    Nearly 30 miles of riding, and almost all of it was twisty singletrack. Trails seemed to be well marked, but I didn't come across any singletrack that was open to mtn bikes but also said 'no motos'. I'd saw maybe half of what we rode would be good on a mtb.

    Never been dirt biking before, and this morning I'm more tired than when I rode a century.

    Looking forward to riding up there on the mtn bike.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gtown.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	1173022
    Stava on a dirt bike? Cheater.

    I rode the bald mountain side w/ a buddy on Friday. Fun stuff.
    Sometimes you eat the trail, sometimes the trail eats you.

    Thinking of buying a home?
    http://Search-Sacramento-Homes.com

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    98
    Its not a dirtbike, it's a G-Bike.

  56. #56
    huck to flat
    Reputation: The Trail Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    I'd saw maybe half of what we rode would be good on a mtb.
    Looks like you only rode one or two of the trails that we typically ride MTB's on. We saw tons of motos at Mace Mill, not sure if your saw our group of 4 roll thru there.

  57. #57
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    30,976
    Is there camping? Is it cold? e-rc cars! dogs and enduroing?
    IPA will save America

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,183
    We staged at Mace Mill. I didn't see any MTBs at all that day.
    Live to Ride, Ride to Live

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: B1KER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    So, $40 + tip, per? Any place to stay up there that's bike friendly (dirty bikes possibly)? Ride both days? Might want to bring the fam, just to get away for a weekend.

    Any rentals? My +1 is my son, who has a Giant Anthem. It works for him, but might want to check out a bigger bike as well.
    I would think the Giant Anthem is more than enough bike for Georgetown. The ride's are not 100% downhill. There is some climbing. I think Tom called it an Enduro Shuttle. There is chunk on the trails. But nothing that really needs a huge DH rig. That's just my opinion though. Others may vary.

    Here is a playlist to the three videos I did with BKXC: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a5NfIw8kESN2og
    </robert> ::: B1KER.com - Be One

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: yeti575inCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by B1KER View Post
    I would think the Giant Anthem is more than enough bike for Georgetown. The ride's are not 100% downhill. There is some climbing. I think Tom called it an Enduro Shuttle. There is chunk on the trails. But nothing that really needs a huge DH rig. That's just my opinion though. Others may vary.

    Here is a playlist to the three videos I did with BKXC: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a5NfIw8kESN2og
    B1biker -OT
    Missed the opportunity to ride with you guys on Mon. Sounds like you had fun

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

  61. #61
    huck to flat
    Reputation: The Trail Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Is there camping? Is it cold? e-rc cars! dogs and enduroing?
    Tons of camping!
    Elevation is around 3500ft. Probably gonna be cold in January.
    Lots of enduroing and RC !

  62. #62
    Wēk Ss
    Reputation: IAmHolland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,040
    Alright. I'm confirmed. Got a hotel in town. Didn't mention bikes, but I figured I'd ask for forgiveness instead of permission.

  63. #63
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    Alright. I'm confirmed. Got a hotel in town. Didn't mention bikes, but I figured I'd ask for forgiveness instead of permission.
    Good policy!

  64. #64
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    We did an impromptu gravity-oriented shuttle last Saturday for those who didn't want to climb as much. Worked out great with 7 total runs which were enough to beat you to shiz and still be fun as hell as well as break some parts.

    Check out the crazy Relive route. lol
    https://www.relive.cc/view/1324924587

  65. #65
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    I talked to Thomas and he said folks could camp out at Dru Barner Campground or in any of the unimproved areas if we wanted to make this more social gathering with fire, beer, beer and RC cars if you got em. What do you guys think? It'll be cold as hell for sure but whatever.

    https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/eldo...77623&actid=29

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    226
    Hot damn, that looks like fun. Put me on the waiting list for Sat.

  67. #67
    Trail Gnome
    Reputation: griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,377
    Justin, I sent you a PM...I cant make this ride; were doing some remodeling at the house.

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Schlobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    67
    This ride looks awesome. Please put me on the waiting list for either day.

  69. #69
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    The level of interest is outstanding!

    So for you folks on the wait list, if we can't get you on eirher scheduled ride what about the 20th or 21st? I'm going to talk to Thomas and fill his schedule for the month. Again, assuming weather permits riding.

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Schlobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    The level of interest is outstanding!

    So for you folks on the wait list, if we can't get you on eirher scheduled ride what about the 20th or 21st? I'm going to talk to Thomas and fill his schedule for the month. Again, assuming weather permits riding.
    Sign me up!

  71. #71
    Ride On!
    Reputation: NorthSideOf50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    763
    Going to have to pull out of the Sunday 1/14 ride Got some health issues going on and don't see myself being up to it by the 14th. Really was looking forward to meeting everyone and riding Georgetown. Luckily, I am local and can catch a trip later. Hope everyone has a rocking time.

    PM Sent to Justin

  72. #72
    Slacker
    Reputation: Jushaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1
    Georgetown is Awesome. Hopefully a spot will open for the 14th for me!

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    399
    whatup dudes, theres a few days or rain forecasted between today and the 14th, any idea of when we will know if the ride is a go, and who will be in?

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dsmxsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    162

    MTBR Georgetown Group Ride - Jan 13th and 14th

    So I camped at Dru Barner recently as we went 4 wheeling. It has running water, flushing toilets and approx 20 campgrounds with room for multiple tents/ vehicles on each campsite. It seems like its very equestrian friendly with corrals at various sites. I think during this time of year itll be pretty open. It definitely wasnt as cold as the Downieville camping trip. If I recall it is $8.00 a night.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ryanxj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmxsteve View Post
    So I camped at Dru Barner recently as we went 4 wheeling. It has running water, flushing toilets and approx 20 campgrounds....

    Sooo, you're bringing your rig so we can go wheelin'? Sweet!
    Velofix.com for mobile bike repair in Sac

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ryanxj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    ... folks could camp out at Dru Barner Campground or in any of the unimproved areas if we wanted to make this more social gathering with fire, beer, beer and RC cars if you got em. What do you guys think? It'll be cold as hell for sure but whatever...

    No such thing as cold at 4k ft, just ill prepared

    Can you make a roll call for parties interested in camping? (nobody gunna listen to me, lol)
    Velofix.com for mobile bike repair in Sac

  77. #77
    rox
    rox is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,464
    I want to switch to the 13th if theres room

  78. #78
    bad reputation
    Reputation: turfnsurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    400
    Damn...I guess a person misses out when they go missing for a while

    This sounds cool, even cold and chilly, but pretty Damn awesome too. Do I bail on trailwork day at Demo for this if there's space available?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2clue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    I'm interested in the 13th and the camp gathering if there's interest in doing that.
    I'll probably go skiing on the 14th and 15th.

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dsmxsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanxj View Post
    Sooo, you're bringing your rig so we can go wheelin'? Sweet!
    If I had one, lol. We went with friends from work who have a capable rig. My ride is showroom floor stock.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  81. #81
    fc
    fc is offline
    head minion Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    30,976
    I'm going! Maybe just a day trip now. Rox, carpool?
    IPA will save America

  82. #82
    rox
    rox is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    I'm going! Maybe just a day trip now. Rox, carpool?
    ya for sure, I just need to make sure theres room. eager to check out some new trails

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: B1KER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,232
    FC is coming! Sweet, that's exciting! I'm stoked to meet ya.
    </robert> ::: B1KER.com - Be One

  84. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by turfnsurf View Post
    ...
    This sounds cool, even cold and chilly, but pretty Damn awesome too. Do I bail on trailwork day at Demo for this if there's space available?
    ...

    Yeah, my problem is thinking this old fart can do both ... D'OH! A cheap room at Auburn Super 8 for Sat & Sun nights should help.

    Next week's weather forecast is looking good! :-)


    Catfish ...

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by motocatfish View Post
    Yeah, my problem is thinking this old fart can do both ... D'OH! A cheap room at Auburn Super 8 for Sat & Sun nights should help.

    Next week's weather forecast is looking good! :-)


    Catfish ...
    If that storm is as big Monday and Tuesday as they are predicting. It will be really puddly. But the dirt itself should be good! And the trails should be opened back up by the weekend.

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,183

    Weather forecast is lining up nicely

    Weather forecast is lining up nicely

    Live to Ride, Ride to Live

  87. #87
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Man I hope the forecast stays that way. Maybe even less rain on Monday/Tuesday would be nice. The puddles are easy enough to deal with. That's just winter trail riding but fully saturated dirt is no bueno.

    Bring extra clothes to change into for sure. I guarantee you'll get dirty.

    The Georgetown Hotel has a nice fire pit outside and is a good place to grab diner and drinks after the ride.

  88. #88
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    ATENCIN

    By Tuesday I want to clean up the list so if you are on it as an "Interested" please verify your spot by then so I can get alternates figured out as well as set up a shuttle or 2 for the 20th and 21st.

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dsmxsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    ATENCIN

    By Tuesday I want to clean up the list so if you are on it as an "Interested" please verify your spot by then so I can get alternates figured out as well as set up a shuttle or 2 for the 20th and 21st.
    I am a fo sho if theres room.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  90. #90
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmxsteve View Post
    I am a fo sho if theres room.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Steve! You're in a good position as first on the alternate list.

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mestapho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,443
    Im in for Sunday

  92. #92
    mtb'er
    Reputation: Empty_Beer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,866
    I'm on the DL so no riding but can be shuttle bitch if needed either day.... using someone else's high capacity vehicle if its muddy. I can only fit 4 bikes on 4Runnner.

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RBoardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,724
    Me and my friend TJ are a go for Saturday.
    And if we can make room, my friend Alex would gladly join us too.

  94. #94
    Wēk Ss
    Reputation: IAmHolland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    I'm going! Maybe just a day trip now. Rox, carpool?
    that's a long ass drive man! I'm setting up shop on Saturday to ride Sunday. A day trip would be good, but driving that much solo (son too young to drive) is a bit much.

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    226
    JC - just noticed the alternate Sun 21st list....guess that means the Sat 13th is confirmed full. Ill be able make the 13th last minute so please send out an update Fri PM; fingers crossed!
    21st put me at interested, not confirmed list.
    thanks

  96. #96
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommybees View Post
    JC - just noticed the alternate Sun 21st list....guess that means the Sat 13th is confirmed full. Ill be able make the 13th last minute so please send out an update Fri PM; fingers crossed!
    21st put me at interested, not confirmed list.
    thanks
    Yeah, the 13th was full within hours of posting. lol With this weather coming our way we may have to reschedule but hopefully not. I'll make the changes and note that you can be a last minute add. That helps.

  97. #97
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    that's a long ass drive man! I'm setting up shop on Saturday to ride Sunday. A day trip would be good, but driving that much solo (son too young to drive) is a bit much.
    I'll keep you posted on the schedule and how weather affects our plans. Is your room refundable if the event gets cancelled?

  98. #98
    Wēk Ss
    Reputation: IAmHolland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    I'll keep you posted on the schedule and how weather affects our plans. Is your room refundable if the event gets cancelled?
    I don't think so, as it's a 2 week cancellation policy. Setting up @ Rock Creek Inn. Not a huge amount, so no real big deal if I lose it. I would try to cancel and see what they say. They may split it, which is OK.

    (They do charge $50 cleaning fee on check-in, so I guess that might be lost if the bikes make a mess...shouldn't being the bikes would be clean-ish going in, and mud would be on my car when leaving).

  99. #99
    Captain One Lung Administrator
    Reputation: JCWages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    I don't think so, as it's a 2 week cancellation policy. Setting up @ Rock Creek Inn. Not a huge amount, so no real big deal if I lose it. I would try to cancel and see what they say. They may split it, which is OK.

    (They do charge $50 cleaning fee on check-in, so I guess that might be lost if the bikes make a mess...shouldn't being the bikes would be clean-ish going in, and mud would be on my car when leaving).
    Well if you get stuck with it and end up here anyway but the event is cancelled then I'm happy to take you out and find something decent to ride.

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Well if you get stuck with it and end up here anyway but the event is cancelled then I'm happy to take you out and find something decent to ride.

    I doubt we'll cancel. Plenty of days after rain. And the Saturday crowd should empty the puddles for Sunday, right? ;-)

    I'm looking forward to riding & meeting more of y'all. :-)

    Catfish ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Weekend Ride Report Jan 13th - 15th
    By JCWages in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-17-2017, 07:43 PM
  2. Ibis Demo Revisited Tue/Wed May 13th-14th
    By Kaj in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 11:12 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 02:58 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 05:46 PM
  5. Brunswick MTB Festival, Leland NC Oct 13th and 14th!
    By Sir Peanuts in forum North & South Carolina
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-15-2012, 08:57 PM

Members who have read this thread: 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.