Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sorry but had to get my DH on today with the big bike...still managed 3k in ups. Wet out there but sunny and delightful.

mtbr member
    Added another 4.5k today... my original plan was to gun for Francois' Lollipop loop aka the Meat Grinder, but as soon as I tackled the first steeps of Kennedy trail it became painfully clear that I didn't have any business today attempting to improve that elusive one and a half hour mark. Instead, I settled into a relaxed pace, and close to the top ran into ancient rascal and friends; rascal successfully completed his 49th no-dab ascent of the Kennedy wall... all on a rigid singlespeed. Respect!

After making my way over the beatches to Woods and the (chilly) descent along the powerpoles I managed to get some icing on the cake by claiming the strava throne up Dog Meat... almost coughed up my breakfast at the summit though.

mtbr member

Good lord...

homeboy...that was a big ride! Fyeah.

Hey Big Crash...you took one day off from riding all month? Well done too!

Quote Originally Posted by EBrider
    What the heck, while I was out there I added a gratuitous 1K for a total of 6,500'

http://app.strava.com/rides/323308

Does anyone know if you can embed a Strava ride like you can on Garmin?

Let's ride
    Just put in my 4891. This is going to be a knockdown drag out down to the wire epic February. It is not over folks. Both teams put in huge efforts this weekend. WOW.

mtbr member
    So we have till midnight tomorrow to finish this month of climbing correct? I did almost 2000 feet on a SS today and went for some strava records. I got a few and placed well in the others. Tons of hikers out and very muddy! I am going to cap off the month with a sierra rd night ride tomorrow. I think I will do this 2 times to meet my monthly goal of 25k. It is going to be a late ride and I will be able to upload around 11pm. Let's hold out hope that we can clinch it. It is going to be tight!!! Anybody up for the night ride? Let me know.

Paul
    They never made the "Slowster"

Hipster
    Put in 4k today but the phone crashed after the first climb. 2216 logged in Strava. If you're using a smartphone, check the gps app at the base of each climb!

mtbr member
    Still have 2 codes for 3 months free on Strava. Cannot believe that noone knows anyone that could use them and help our cause.

2 more heavy hitters might make the difference for us....
    Originally Posted by XC62701
    Agreed...make it longer. I want to know death is an option

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Paul, I'll have to defend the home turf and try dethrone you in Fremont Older - once it dries out. I'll take my bike to work tomorrow and ride up Calaveras at lunch time twice.

Marco: Awesome century ride in the Death Valley!

Shiloh: Nice to get some QOMs on your last ride!

Well done team mtbr! I'm impressed by how much everyone rides. We're still ahead but anything can happen the next few days with late uploads. I found my January Demo ride with 4400 feet on Garmin Connect, which I uploaded to Strava, but it was too late to add to our January numbers.

In other good news: we're in second place for the year now!
    Also known as Menso's dad.

fc
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Well done, team!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    OH No, Mission took first by 400 feet! Go ride your bike some more.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JL de Jong
    Paul, I'll have to defend the home turf and try dethrone you in Fremont Older - once it dries out. I'll take my bike to work tomorrow and ride up Calaveras at lunch time twice.

Marco: Awesome century ride in the Death Valley!

Shiloh: Nice to get some QOMs on your last ride!

Well done team mtbr! I'm impressed by how much everyone rides. We're still ahead but anything can happen the next few days with late uploads. I found my January Demo ride with 4400 feet on Garmin Connect, which I uploaded to Strava, but it was too late to add to our January numbers.

In other good news: we're in second place for the year now!
    JL- That is the thing about Strava. I makes me want to ride harder when I know there might be a segment I am coming to. I have no doubt you'll take them away soon. Yeah, this place needs to dry out a lot. It is torn up and muddy. The horses have done a number on the trails. Also, a ton of hikers but I was very nice to them and got a lot of positive comments. we'll do a lunch ride soon.

Paul

Let's ride
    Alright folks. We gonna focus for 1 more day and take this thing? One more day, make it happen. Just make sure you upload your rides by 11pm tomorrow to make it count. I think the thing closes 12am PST, but don't qoute me on that.

Mission has done some serious recruiting and is up to 64+ riders for Feb.

My legs are tired, but i will be putting in another 5k tomorrow somehow, with fitting in work.

I like mtn biking, too
    OH No, Mission took first by 400 feet! Go ride your bike some more.
    I put up my measly couple k's just now, JL! Not as impressive as what others have been doing, which is definitely inspiring! But it will cover the gap at least!
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. We’re just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

mtbr member
    I will be doing the same thing. I might not get 5k but I will be able to get 4k and I will upload as fast as possible. Then I am taking a few days rest as my legs are fatigued too.

mtbr member
    Uploaded my two rides for today. Was supposed to be one ride, but a broken spoke (and resulting lack of front brakes) forced me to take BART back from Berkeley to Castro Valley. From there, I threw some lights on and did two hours of hill repeats.

Total for the day = 90 miles, 10,114 feet of elevation, a new single day elevation PR for me!

Let's ride
    Alright, I got to say MrCrash is badass. He finished a 70miler/7kft this morning, and apparently that wasn't enough, so he just backed it up with another 20mi/3kft. LOL. Strava has made us into riding and climbing machines.

Well done MrCrash. You deserve MTBR 1st place with your 66000ft for Feb.

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    Alright folks. We gonna focus for 1 more day and take this thing? One more day, make it happen.....
    Yup...call in sick if you have to!
    I couldn't help the team over the weekend due to a number of obligations...although I did recruit of my buddies to join the team under the free Strava acct and add in 5 of his rides for Feb for almost 20k).

I have a 4k-5k ride on the docket tomorrow before this thing shuts down. Trying to climb back into the top 15 for the mtbr team, since I got knocked down to 16th.

mtbr member
    Alright, I got to say MrCrash is badass. He finished a 70miler/7kft this morning, and apparently that wasn't enough, so he just backed it up with another 20mi/3kft. LOL. Strava has made us into riding and climbing machines.

Well done MrCrash. You deserve MTBR 1st place with your 66000ft for Feb.
    Thanks Rensho Been watching you pile on the elevation yourself - seems like every time I checked the totals, you moved up a few more positions!

Been using these long rides to adapt to a different nutrition program for the Boggs 8 hour, as I only made it 5 hours last year before I came apart. I'm pretty confident I'll improve on that this year

mtbr member
    Mike - you are one crazy bastard!!!
    "Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    We should all kick each others asses to protect the environment.."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBShane
    Mike - you are one crazy bastard!!!
    This elevation has been brought to you by Shimano - makers of fine compact cranksets and 11-28 cassettes

mtbr member
    Mr. Crash you are insane. Wow that is a big day of riding.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Amazing how close this competition is. We were briefly in the lead and now we're ~400 feet out of 1st place again. I'm considering taking tomorrow afternoon off for a monster ride. Insane or inspiring?
    Last edited by JL de Jong; 02-27-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Let's ride
    Amazing how close this competition is. We were briefly in the lead and now were ~400 feet out of 1st place again. I'm considering taking tomorrow afternoon off for a monster ride. Insane or inspiring?
    A couple of folks have their eye on 10kft after work tomorrow! I know i can't do 10kft in 6hrs tomorrow, but maybe 5-6k is pretty safe.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I need a damn GPS... Could have added at least another 3k today... I have tried to use my phone before, but it always gets disconnected and it makes me want to break my phone, which isn't good. I will have a GPS soon. Craigslist/Ebay here I come.

Okie Dokie... PM me one of those codes if you don't mind. Should have a GPS by the end of the week. Thanks

Chris

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    19,300 feet in the hole. Better take the whole day off tomorrow. This is coming down to the wire. Francis: are you riding again? That knee must be healed by now.

mtbr member
    Maybe you rethinking your post JL to Socal forum that Norcal did not need their help?

Looks like Mission just gonna keep adding people till they have enough

I will try to add near 5k tomorrow...one of kids sick so maybe hard to do...

mtbr member
    They have 10 more people than we do. If we had ten more doing at least 2k of climbing, we would have quite a bit more. I think any future contest will have participant limits but for now who cares, we are all getting in great shape for spring. We are going to be climbing monsters. I have never been in better shape at 38 years old. I remember not too long ago always being passed on the climbs. Now I can reel most people in and at least make a run at it. I don't mind the $59 a year for strava if I continue to make progress. Whatever happens by the end of the day tomorrow, we should all be proud. I am.

Paul

fc
    I get back in town later so I'll pedal around and test my leg out. I hope our sneak attackers come out.

pro leisure tour
    Quote Originally Posted by MSH
    Yup...call in sorry if you have to! .....
    (there, fixed it.)
    Haven't we learned anything from this thread, boys and girls?

Oh, and best of conditions for all those who will be putting up some big numbers today. Go team mtbr!
    If you see someone without a smile, give them yours

mtbr member
    My commute is good for another 1,100 today. Kicking myself now for riding a SS rather than something I could have added a bunch of climbing on.

mtbr member

Amazing job done by all those who threw down elevation over the weekend. It was a massive effort by the whole group.

Now it's crunch time. We have one more day to make this happen for February. Lets show those lycra clad roadies what we've got!!!! mtbr.com'ers! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!

After today we can rest and enjoy a nice massage...

mtbr member
    Woke up at 5:30 to knock out another 2k...yep, cold as sheet. My wife is going to insist on counseling if I ask to go for a quick run after work.

Go gettm MTBrrrrr

aka baycat
    I am not riding with any of you ever again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo
    Woke up at 5:30 to knock out another 2k...yep, cold as sheet. My wife is going to insist on counseling if I ask to go for a quick run after work.

Go gettm MTBrrrrr
    Punched out another ~2k here too. We're down 1,392 to Mission as of this post.

We could use some daylight footies from the unemployment crew! As far as everyone else goes - hope you have your lights charged!

Let's ride
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo

Go gettm MTBrrrrr
    Just promise her that you'll be home Tuesday, Wed, and Thurs night this week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCrash
    Punched out another ~2k here too.
    MrCrazy, you are in 17th for the men's competition. Just you and a bunch of pros up there. 5K more and you will break the top 10. What say ye?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I've have had a pretty mellow month, but since its so close, i just added my 12.5k.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by urban turban
    MrCrazy, you are in 17th for the men's competition. Just you and a bunch of pros up there. 5K more and you will break the top 10. What say ye?
    My legs just told my brain to f*** off for considering it

site *****
    Mar 2008
    I got a regular subscription and added most of the rides this month, a paltry 34,500 ft.

I did forget the garmin at work during the weekend that we did FLEASFART and a nice road ride so that is about 14k feet missed out on.
    Browse Living Outfitters for backyard living products.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by obie.miller
    I got a regular subscription and added most of the rides this month, a paltry 34,500 ft.

I did forget the garmin at work during the weekend that we did FLEASFART and a nice road ride so that is about 14k feet missed out on.
    That was huge. Now we have a 35K lead.

site *****
    Mar 2008
    glad to help. I could ask Empty Beer to email me his FLEASFART gpx file and then I can add that too. not cheating because I did the ride?
    Browse Living Outfitters for backyard living products.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    You guys need to keep it close or I won't have an excuse to ride tonight :-)

mtbr member
    With the climbing that both sides have been putting up you wont know it is over until after the Fat Lady has sung. You check 1 minute and one team is ahead by 50k the next moment it is down 60k. Crazy!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodePoet
    You guys need to keep it close or I won't have an excuse to ride tonight :-)
    We are still behind in the overall competition. Good enough excuse?

MSH
    mtbr member
    I only had 3 hrs to work with today but was able to crank out 5500+ in that time.

Go team go!!

mtbr member
    Anyone in the Los Gatos area interested in riding around 4 or 5 pm today? My body is telling me to rest, but I'll be more motivated if I'm riding with somebody.

mtbr member
    I am taking 2 hours off at the end of my shift and going to try for 5k. My legs are also wasted and I can feel every stair I have to climb. I am going to end up doing repeats on Sierra Rd starting at about 745pm. I may try to do this 3 times if I can hack it. If not, a little over 4k will have to do.

Paul

fc
    I made my wife ride! We added 3700! Strava says I was idle for 17 days! 17 days??? Game over man.

I saw JL at Mt. Eden road. He did not notice me since he had the eye. The eye of the tiger!

Let's ride
    Quote Originally Posted by urban turban
    Anyone in the Los Gatos area interested in riding around 4 or 5 pm today? My body is telling me to rest, but I'll be more motivated if I'm riding with somebody.

We're doing Soda climbs until someone says uncle tonight. 5ish.

mtbr member
    We're doing Soda climbs until someone says uncle tonight. 5ish.
    I can meet you over by the backside of St. Joes on Alma Bridge Road. Just let me know what time. Depending on how I feel I may be able to put in two climbs.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast