Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    rj2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Team Announcement: It's cold today

Special points to anyone who climbs today.fc
    And major shrinkage day.
    We take care of your technology needs so you can focus on what's important.

mtbr member
    Worked for the footies today. The guy that stopped me from adding another 800 took this pic.

From Diablo Snow Feb11

Hipster

Sun tomorrow!

Haven't ridden all week and have been itching to get in some miles! Doing a Kennedy Rd, Hicks, Mt. Umhumum Rd ride tomorrow (to the no trespassing signs at ~3000 ft.) Leaving from the Los Gatos Unlimited Parking lot between University and N. Santa Cruz Ave. Rolling about 8:30 if anyone wants to join. Should still be some snow up there!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,34.33,,0,9.59

pro leisure tour
    Quote Originally Posted by EBrider
    ... The guy that stopped me from adding another 800 took this pic......
    That guy owes us 800 feet!
    If you see someone without a smile, give them yours

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Amazing job those that road today and climbed. Every time I looked at the outside temp at ~300 feet it said 43 degrees and pissing rain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodePoet
    Amazing job those that road today and climbed. Every time I looked at the outside temp at ~300 feet it said 43 degrees and pissing rain.
    Did Round 2 of the Grasshopper Adventure Series in West Sonoma County - cold, but no rain! And just under 70 miles / 7000 feet to add to my total

PRETENDURO
    Was a nice, albeit FREEZING cold and snowy day up St. Joes - Montevina - Kennedy Trail - Dogmeat, with rensho, urban turban, and… sorry, forgot the other three blokes’ names—I indicated I suck at remembering peoples’ names (let alone their MTBR.com forum handles). From there, rensho and I attacked another 3,000+ feet of altitude gain up to the top of Soda Springs Road… he and I amassed more than 8,000 feet of climbing each! I must admit that I took the wrong bike on such an intensive climb endeavour, but round-trip to/from my house I still managed to pull in more than 50 miles. Urban turban took some photos, mind sharing them? Rensho and I took some shots of the deep-ass snowfall at the top of Soda Springs with my crappy cellphone, thanks Rensho for being so patient while I lugged my tired butt up there with my sub-50 pound beast of a bike. I will now share some of the pictures:

QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCrash
    Did Round 2 of the Grasshopper Adventure Series in West Sonoma County - cold, but no rain! And just under 70 miles / 7000 feet to add to my total
    Thought about that today and wondered if you had snow on the course. Wasn't up for a 2 hour drive for a questionable ride. I rode the Old Caz ride last month and had about as much fun as is possible to have on a bike. Definitely in for Super Sweetwater, and maybe a few more

mtbr member
    Wow you guys went beyond the call of duty today! Impressive climbing.

Wish we had some climbs to match the ones you have...Bout the longest climb in SLO is 3k feet and then you have to turn around
    Originally Posted by XC62701
    Agreed...make it longer. I want to know death is an option

ask
    user
    It was cold out there this morning. I got snowed on 2x... Kennedy and Montevina. Good riding with you guys. Put up ~4400 feet of climbing before my thumbs froze up completely. Hoping to get out again this weekend.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ask
    It was cold out there this morning. I got snowed on 2x... Kennedy and Montevina. Good riding with you guys. Put up ~4400 feet of climbing before my thumbs froze up completely. Hoping to get out again this weekend.
    Oh yeah, you were one of the other three guys. Great job, thanks again for the ride, and great conversation.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    Urban turban took some photos, mind sharing them?
    It was definitely a challenging ride. I wasn't exactly prepared for all of the snow we encountered. By the time we finished descending from Kennedy I was getting pretty worried about my left foot, which I had lost feeling in for about an hour. I took my sock off to see that things were looking very purple.. a little too purple for me to feel comfortable with. So I called it a day.

Here is a picture of the group at the top of El Sereno. I had a great time riding with you guys. From left to right: Leopold Porkstacker, JorgeTheMagician, rensho, and A.S.K.

mtbr member
    I've been uploading my max 5 free rides a month but I think this may make it fun enough to pull the trigger on an annual membership. Especially if one of the codes in this thread works.

Joined the club and KOM group and added 19K or so footies.. have a bunch more I can upload if I pay up.
    Last edited by ratpick; 02-21-2011 at 12:54 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ratpick
    I've been uploading my max 5 free rides a month but I think this may make it fun enough to pull the trigger on an annual membership. Especially if one of the codes in this thread work.

Joined the club and KOM group and added 19K or so footies.. have a bunch more I can upload if I pay up.
    Don't. You're already #1 of the mtbr group using only the 5 free rides/month:
    http://app.strava.com/komchallenge/c...sults/february

If you pay up and upload all your rides, nobody will have a chance to get even close .
    (fwiw, I'm also on the el cheapo 5 uploads/month for the time being)

mtbr member
    I've been uploading my max 5 free rides a month but I think this may make it fun enough to pull the trigger on an annual membership. Especially if one of the codes in this thread work.

You must be Patrick? You're killin it! MTBR is now nipping at the heels of Thirsty Bear in 2nd place!

mtbr member

Snow is fun on our mountains

Hope to get in a bigger ride tomorrow. Here was today's adventure (Montebello/Saratoga Gap) should you like pictures:

Snow on top of Montebello

Hey, we broke a million in the 2011 totals...that's like taller than Everest or something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mtbr.com KOM at Strava-img_0947.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images    

PRETENDURO

WOW! Nice effort!!! Truly appreciated, speaking for the whole team!

pro leisure tour

Ahh Wwwaaaahhhhhhhhhh............

I lost the whole first ride today and 2000 footies in a file corruption thingy! I'm really hoping Strava can help fix it. That would move me to second spot for February. (for a moment or two)

Just couldn't do the whole couch thing so I went for a ride. Got 3000 more feet in an effort to get to the summit of Mt Diablo this afternoon. It was kinda fun to watch what happens when everyone goes to the snow. The road was jammed with cars, but the simple bicycle easily cut through all the stopped traffic and didn't even need a parking place. Only by the time I got there the road was closed at Juniper so footies got maxed early. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

mtbr member
    As for more 3 month free codes I am trying. My "contact" is out of town though he did tell me he should be able to get more.

as soon as I have them I will post that I do so you can PM for them. And for those who did PM and are waiting I will send to you directly first.

In the meantime I am trying to find a friggin climb that is anything like what you guys have been riding. Would have to do lap after lap of same thing to get close!
    Originally Posted by XC62701
    Agreed...make it longer. I want to know death is an option

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    OK better late than never. I joined the mtbr.com team and added my three rides from this week, That should put us in second place. I had already deleted the SuperBowl Sunday ride up Mt Hamilton from the Garmin Edge500, but is still on my Garmin Connect. Can I upload rides from Garmin Connect to Strava as well?

I see how addicting this Strava is. I already paid to upgrade to the unlimited plan. I already got a few top 10 finishes on some segments. Is it possible to see the results on Strava by age groups? I want to see how I compare to other 50+ men.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

mtbr member
    You can export the ride from Garmin Connect and then simply browse to it in Strava and upload it.
    "Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    We should all kick each others asses to protect the environment.."

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    OK, thanks I just figured it out too and added my other three February rides. J.L.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

PRETENDURO
    #2 BABY!!!!!!

Nice work, everyone!!!

pro leisure tour
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    Nice work, everyone!!!
    Aw, shewt. It's not work, it's as easy as ridin' a bike. .

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyJay
    Aw, shewt. It's not work, it's as easy as ridin' a bike. .
    Well, the freezing temperatures and added difficulty of trudging through the snow and slop sure made it more challenging!

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast