Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by urban turban
    I'm determined to make up some elevation tomorrow for my laziness this week. Will be doing some sort of 40 mile flavored ride in Los Gatos tomorrow with 6,500 - 7000 feet of climbing. Anyone is welcome to join, but it will be a moderate pace with a couple bailout options.

Up Montevina > down El Sereno > up Kennedy > down to Lexington > up and down Soda Springs and maybe a bonus lap at St. Joes for the extra footies.
    Hmm… if it’s early enough I might be able to wing it. On rides like that I generally like to head out a bit after 8:00-8:30AM.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    Hmm… if it’s early enough I might be able to wing it. On rides like that I generally like to head out a bit after 8:00-8:30AM.
    Right, I forgot to add that part. Meeting at the Lexington Reservoir parking area across the street from St. Joes at 8am, rolling before 8:30.

mtbr member
    I'm glad a teammate had an old garmin 305 to sell me. Strava is pretty fun. So far only uploaded two Auburn rides. Bike thieves and rain are hampering my numbers!

I'd love the free 3mo thing if that's still available?
    Thank you Lord for strength, endurance, and salvation.

Race Reports & Updates
    Team Santa Cruz / Fox Facebook Page

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I bought a new Edge 500...tomorrow is my first ride using it, then I'll join MTBR and the KOM!

mtbr member

Good lord

I'm determined to make up some elevation tomorrow for my laziness this week. Will be doing some sort of 40 mile flavored ride in Los Gatos tomorrow with 6,500 - 7000 feet of climbing. Anyone is welcome to join, but it will be a moderate pace with a couple bailout options.

Up Montevina > down El Sereno > up Kennedy > down to Lexington > up and down Soda Springs and maybe a bonus lap at St. Joes for the extra footies.
    That is a heck of a ride you got scheduled there...
    Last edited by squashyo; 02-18-2011 at 02:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo
    ....er, maybe it is these days. hohum...

mtbr member

noted

and fixed

mtbr member

That is a BIG day.

PRETENDURO
    Right, I forgot to add that part. Meeting at the Lexington Reservoir parking area across the street from St. Joes at 8am, rolling before 8:30.
    Is that the parking lot that is on Alma Bridge road?
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Is that the parking lot that is on Alma Bridge road?
    Yes. Hopefully the ranger gets there before 8 to unlock the gate. If not we can swing around to another spot to park. I am going to keep some supplies in the car in case I need to restock between Kennedy and Soda Springs. Should I look out for you?

mtbr member
    Trying to pull my weight at least a little for the team. Rode 1,000 feet today (I know it's not much but it was raining pretty hard).

mtbr member
    Double post.

mtbr member
    I'd ask who everyone on the in the MTBR / Strava club was, but the list is quite long. That being said, who's all in the top 10?

1 Josh Davidson 11 30,744
    2 sparkyJay 12 29,966 - Self explanatory
    3 Steve Biggs 11 28,177
    4 Arya Touserkani 7 22,667
    5 Michael Solis 13 21,525 - MrCrash
    6 Justin Williams 6 20,423 - jdubsl2
    7 Francis Cebedo 9 19,715 - Francois
    8 Adam A.S.K. 7 19,216
    9 Jos Bols 8 18,657
    10 Jeff Kerr 7 18,632 - JustJeff (?)

PRETENDURO
    Yes. Hopefully the ranger gets there before 8 to unlock the gate. If not we can swing around to another spot to park. I am going to keep some supplies in the car in case I need to restock between Kennedy and Soda Springs. Should I look out for you?
    Well, since I will be riding my bike over there, I will need to ride up and over St. Joseph’s to get to the parking lot. I will be entering where that dead end street is—Jones Road, yeah, that’s the street. It’s possible to make it up and over to the parking lot you speak of in 30 minutes though, have to be spinning the cranks like a mofo though.

mtbr member
    Holy Crap man.......it is FREEZING up here on 35 right now!! I really wanted to get some mileage and footies in tomorrow but with it being this cold I would be lucky to actually leave the house.
    "Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    We should all kick each others asses to protect the environment.."

mtbr member
    Well, since I will be riding my bike over there, I will need to ride up and over St. Joseph’s to get to the parking lot. I will be entering where that dead end street is—Jones Road, yeah, that’s the street. It’s possible to make it up and over to the parking lot you speak of in 30 minutes though, have to be spinning the cranks like a mofo though.
    You can also take the creek trail up to the reservoir.. much faster, but slightly less cool. I'm in no rush, so I'll see you out there.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCrash
    I'd ask who everyone on the in the MTBR / Strava club was, but the list is quite long. That being said, who's all in the top 10?

1 Josh Davidson 11 30,744 - squashyo
    3 Steve Biggs 11 28,177 - ebrider
    4 Arya Touserkani 7 22,667 - urbanturban
    8 Adam A.S.K. 7 19,216
    9 Jos Bols 8 18,657 - dutchbiker
    - justjeff

PRETENDURO
    You can also take the creek trail up to the reservoir.. much faster, but slightly less cool. I'm in no rush, so I'll see you out there.
    True, forgot about the sissy option… which I will probably end up taking part in. Looking forward to riding with you!

(a while later, I flashed on something)
    Oh crap, last time I rode over there, the sissy path was closed. Hmm, I think I should just go up and over from Jones Road.
    Last edited by Leopold Porkstacker; 02-18-2011 at 09:42 PM.

pro leisure tour

Bonus points

Quote Originally Posted by agleck7
    Trying to pull my weight at least a little for the team. Rode 1,000 feet today (I know it's not much but it was raining pretty hard).
    It does count for more because it was cold and raining. You decide how much.

You may have been the only rider today. Bigger bonus for that one I think.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them yours

ask
    user
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Originally Posted by MrCrash

1 Josh Davidson 11 30,744 - squashyo
    3 Steve Biggs 11 28,177 - ebrider
    4 Arya Touserkani 7 22,667 - urbanturban
    8 Adam A.S.K. 7 19,216 - ask
    9 Jos Bols 8 18,657 - dutchbiker
    Not too many footies this week. Hope to pickup a couple rides this weekend... if the rain ever stops.

-adam

mtbr member
    I rode one lap at St Joes today and all I can say is that it was miserable!! Didn't think it would be so cold and wet. I was chilled to the bone and freezing on the way down. The climb sucked and there was no way I was going to set any PRs today. I only managed 900 feet and then decided to bail out. I saw 2-3 other mtbr's at about 9am. It was really coming down on that trail. I called it sloppy joes because I had dirt in my mouth and other areas I will not mention. It was 41 degrees and it felt like 32! I will contribute more next week or sunday. I might even put it a few MTB night rides as well. I covered my 500 with saran wrap and hope it didn't effect the elevation too much. I just didn't want to see my GPS get knocked out from water damage.

Paul
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCrash

3 Steve Biggs 11 28,177

No contribution this week, but I will get it going next week rain or shine. Should get a nice snow ride in tomorrow.

mtbr member
    I find it hard to believe that we cannot amass more people from MTBR to win this thing. How many members on MTBR are there? I would think that we would so dominate it that they would have to change the rules to let other people have a chance.

As it stands now the group ahead of us is pretty hardcore and had 8 people out riding today. Most of those are in Norcal too. And some serious footies. Damn roadies

I will try to get some more codes tomorrow from my source for the 3 free months. Sorry I could not do it today but I had to work. Will post when I have some so you can PM me.

In the meantime we need to recruit some people from some southern nice areas to join up as well!
    Originally Posted by XC62701
    Agreed...make it longer. I want to know death is an option

Let's ride SuperModerator
    True, forgot about the sissy option… which I will probably end up taking part in. Looking forward to riding with you!

(a while later, I flashed on something)
    Oh crap, last time I rode over there, the sissy path was closed. Hmm, I think I should just go up and over from Jones Road.
    It will take you less than 10 min to get from the car up and over jones to the lot. I"ll ride with you guys tomorrow.
    Hmmm what bike to ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I'd rather stay in a close third instead of have 2x or more the number of riders and be in first where no ones contribution really makes a difference. Wait until ThirstyBear Starts racing, right now the team is out building their base for race season.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast