Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Can they be added once my membership expires in March? If so I would love to get a few extra months in there! I bought a year membership last March.
    "Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    We should all kick each others asses to protect the environment.."

mtbr member
    Looks like the DH guy is at the top of the Feb. Ft Climbed chart. Come on all you XCountry, spandex freaks...STEP UP! I even got hailed on during my ride today!

mtbr member
    Reading all this crap about you sons of guns out riding is driving me crazy! My work week has really gotten in the way of things. So tempting to call in sick and ride but I know exactly what will happen. I will be riding and run into my commander and he say, "I thought you were sick today?" Then I stutter and try to think of something fast and completely fail! My poor little GPS is sitting on the kitchen counter just staring at me when I get home at night. It looks so sad. I am going to try and make up for some of this on friday. Might go to a few places that day. Maybe St JOes in morning, then to fremont older and maybe wrap it up at Alum Rock park. i am determined to try for some PR's or KOM times at Fremont older.
    They never made the "Slowster"

pro leisure tour
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall
    ...So tempting to call in sick and ride ...."I thought you were sick today?" ...
    The trick is not to call in sick but to call in "sorry". Lets do this together: "Uh, ya, this is (your name here). I'm sorry I'm not going to be coming in today. I'll be in tomorrow". See, no lie at all! Nothing to cover for. And you are truly sorry you are not there, right?
    If you see someone without a smile, give them yours

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    mental health day. you don't want me going mental in the office do you?

Most bosses are okay with those

Natural body armor
    Quote Originally Posted by jdubsl2
    ^ OOoohhhhh.... BURN

I'll fly the MTBR flag.

Damn, Marco! You're 20K ahead of me for the year already. I'd better start riding more.
    Yes, you'll burn in hell Judas...
    I'll have a special beer for you too

"There is no A-line"
    Quadzilla - On-One USA

mtbr member
    Sparky and codepoet- I like where your heads are at! All sounds good in theory anyway. Maybe if I get too stressed I will take a day and climb 10k feet.

Natural body armor
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall
    Sparky and codepoet- I like where your heads are at! All sounds good in theory anyway. Maybe if I get too stressed I will take a day and climb 10k feet.
    I ride pretty much every morning in Los Gatos, road and MTN, usually rolling around 6AM.
    That 1hr of riding makes a big difference in my long day at work... and sleep is overrated anyway.
    "There is no A-line"
    Quadzilla - On-One USA

swag ho Administrator
    Team Announcement: It's cold today

Special points to anyone who climbs today.

Yesterday was a good day for these soldiers:

Josh Davidson rode 13.4 mi and climbed 2,820 ft on Kennedy Los Gatos CA
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011

PJ Yim rode 17.8 mi and climbed 1,902 ft on St Joes Kennedy-Shannon
    PR on Jones & Lower Manzanita and 11 more

Bret Staz rode 14.9 mi and climbed 1,077 ft on 24 kilometers

Colin Daw rode 48.8 mi and climbed 2,500 ft on ridiculously windy ride
    2nd overall on Thousand Palms

Bob Daw rode 47.3 mi and climbed 2,443 ft on Very Windy Ride with Colin in Desert
    2nd overall on Thousand Palms

Leopold Porkstacker rode 20.1 mi and climbed 1,563 ft on IBm - Bernal - IBM headwind+flappyjacket
    2nd fastest time on IBM Hill and 4 more

fc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Turtle
    I ride pretty much every morning in Los Gatos, road and MTN, usually rolling around 6AM.
    That 1hr of riding makes a big difference in my long day at work... and sleep is overrated anyway.
    Marco I hear ya on that. I have been riding with a group and we have been out at 6am on St Joes this winter. I have never been so cold on a ride before. We also been riding at Fremont older on sunday mornings at the same time. I can't remember being so happy to start climbing just to warm up. Then the descents come and I cringe because of the windchill factor. The wife had this past week for vacation and I volunteered to take the daughter to school. Your right about sleep, sometimes it just gets in the way!

Paul

mtbr member
    Special Points?? Not that I could do it......I'm sitting in San Jose in an office building looking out the window and the rain!!
    "Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    We should all kick each others asses to protect the environment.."

Let's ride SuperModerator
    Any reason we're just keeping this to the Norcal MTBR folks?

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    Any reason we're just keeping this to the Norcal MTBR folks?
    No reason. Spread the word!!

mtbr member
    Looks like Strava will eventually regulate the club size for the challenge since there currently is no restriction.

http://support.strava.com/discussion...and-club-sizes

My guess is that only the top X number of riders in the club will have their elevation count towards the total. A competition within the competition.

pro leisure tour
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Team Announcement: It's cold today Special points to anyone who climbs today. fc
    I'll take 'em! 4000 foot climb of Mt Diablo in the wind, rain and snow. Road to the top and the parking lot were closed since they were covered in snow and drifting hail. Lost traction just short of the top in ICE! I always wanted to do that but I'm pretty sure I won't do it again.

Ya, I know "pics or it didn't happen!" I shot a couple with the cell phone but I can't get them to show up here. I need "mtbr images for dummies" or something. Dang!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyJay
    ... Lost traction just short of the top in ICE! I always wanted to do that but I'm pretty sure I won't do it again...
    You and Leopold took one for the team today. It's really crappy out there. I had planned to go out and do a big ride after work, but I'm taking a "rest day."

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Team Announcement: It's cold today

Special points to anyone who climbs today.
    It was cold, miserable, and windy (one gust almost blew me off my bike speeding down Bernal hill ), but I did it anyway. I was wet like a drowned rat when I got home. Had to hose myself down with the garden hose, the hose water felt warm.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by urban turban
    You and Leopold took one for the team today. It's really crappy out there. I had planned to go out and do a big ride after work, but I'm taking a "rest day."
    Sparkyjay for sure gets the “Iron Nuts” medal for his achievement today!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Let's ride SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyJay
    I'll take 'em! 4000 foot climb of Mt Diablo in the wind, rain and snow. Road to the top and the parking lot were closed since they were covered in snow and drifting hail. Lost traction just short of the top in ICE! I always wanted to do that but I'm pretty sure I won't do it again.

Ya, I know "pics or it didn't happen!" I shot a couple with the cell phone but I can't get them to show up here. I need "mtbr images for dummies" or something. Dang!

Whoah! Hardcore!

mtbr member
    I think the group that is in second place must be feeling us on the back of their necks as they sure did throw down some climbing yesterday.

I imagine they will limit the size of the groups eventually too...but until quantity certainly has a quality of its own I posted something in the Socal forum few days ago but pretty much nobody seemed that interested.

Maybe if you posted something Francois?
    Originally Posted by XC62701
    Agreed...make it longer. I want to know death is an option

pro leisure tour
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    Sparkyjay for sure gets the “Iron Nuts” medal for his achievement today!
    Or maybe the dumbass award! That isn't something I would recommend, or repeat anytime soon. I was soaked to the bone and the last hour or two were pretty miserable, but by the time I got home I could feel most of my toes again!

pro leisure tour
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    It was cold, miserable, and windy..... I was wet like a drowned rat when I got home. ... the hose water felt warm.
    Hahaha, I know the feeling. (or lack of it) You're an animal!

PRETENDURO
    I am hoping to do the same ride again tomorrow… no, wait, it’s already Friday! WTF am I still doing awake??? According to the hourly weather report at Accuweather.com, it’s going to be pissing down metric buttloads of rain until Saturday… another drenched ride. But, all in the name of adding a mere 1,600+ feet of climbing in the name of the team. If it keeps raining like this and doesn’t let up, I’ve already committed—told my wife that I WILL be doing this same ride EVERY DAY until the last day of the month—28th of February!

Hose ’er down, use the air compressor to get the water off, re-lube the key areas, take that fucker out the next day and RIDE IT HARD!!!

PRETENDURO
    Bah!!! 3/4 of a pot of coffee later it dawned on me that the rain was only getting heavier. I pussed out.

mtbr member
    I'm determined to make up some elevation tomorrow for my laziness this week. Will be doing some sort of 40 mile flavored ride in Los Gatos tomorrow with 6,500 - 7000 feet of climbing. Anyone is welcome to join, but it will be a moderate pace with a couple bailout options.

Up Montevina > down El Sereno > up Kennedy > down to Lexington > up and down Soda Springs and maybe a bonus lap at St. Joes for the extra footies.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast