Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    3D guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    Meanwhile, none of my rides are uploading with the heart rate information, although I do wear my heart rate monitor on every ride, and my Garmin.app logs the data just fine. Anyone know why it isnít uploading to the Strava web site?
    You are likely uploading .gpx files. Use .tcx (training center exchange files). If you are coming directly off the device it should be a tcx file (if that is the case not sure what is wrong my tcx files have HRM info). If you are exporting for upload export as tcx vice gpx.
    Geoff Stahl
    San Jose

BLTc, Chameleon Single Speed, Speedvagen Road

aka dan51
    Is there a limit to number of riders in a team? Seems that we could win overall if we just get the 1 million registered MTBR members to join and upload a single ride each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    Just made a Strava account and have a default free plan. I like the way Strava does all the calculations. Any coupon code for yearly subscription?

Don't have Garmin GPS, but using My Track for my Droid seems to work just fine.

mtbr member
    I have been trying to make up some elevation these past 4 days with the GPS. I went on a ride sunday in the morning 6am at fremont older. Did the SS and then later that night decided to hit the road up Sierra Rd. I wasn't trying to set any records going up because my legs were fatigued. On the way up at the halfway point (area where people spray paint the street and hang out smoking dope) there was a 70's Cadilac with huge rims. It had gone over the berm and was stuck. It was funny because it has huge ground clearance because of the rims but this guy did a number on it. This part of the story is important in a second. I made it to the top and decided to bomb down this road. I figured I will never get a KOM on the way up but I can try on the way down. I did!!! I got all the way down in just over 5 minutes at 930pm. I would have been faster but had to slow way down as the cadilac was being pulled by a truck off the berm. I hit a top speed on 52.7 MPH. This Strava thing is going to kill me. I feel that every time I ride now "big brother" is watching me and I have to give it the full beans.

Paul
    They never made the "Slowster"

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall
    On the way up at the halfway point (area where people spray paint the street and hang out smoking dope) there was a 70's Cadilac with huge rims. It had gone over the berm and was stuck. It was funny because it has huge ground clearance because of the rims but this guy did a number on it.
    He was probably trying to set a KOM on Strava for cars and overshot the turn
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by gstahl
    You are likely uploading .gpx files. Use .tcx (training center exchange files). If you are coming directly off the device it should be a tcx file (if that is the case not sure what is wrong my tcx files have HRM info). If you are exporting for upload export as tcx vice gpx.
    Aha! That might be it. I have been uploading the .gpx files and not the .tcx files. I guess I need to delete and re-upload all 90 or so rides Iíve gone on.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBShane
    I reckon this cold weather coming in is really going to hurt the MTBR group's elevation for the next 10 days or so, at least those in the Norcal group.

Then again, some of you are not wimps like me and will ride in the cold and rain. One day I hope to be just like you! Hahaha.......until then I will return to hibernation mode.
    I think Iíll just go do several up/down/up/down/up/down some paved sections to get more verticality in check this month.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

site *****
    Mar 2008
    The team would have a lot more feet if Strava was free. I joined anyway to help out with my 5 free rides a month.
    Last edited by obie.miller; 02-14-2011 at 04:38 PM.

ask
    user
    Quote Originally Posted by obie.miller
    The team would have a lot more feet if Strava was free. I've climbed 56,703 feet this year on garmin connect and that amount would put MTBR on the podium. But I haven't paid the subscription to Strava to get bragging rights.
    It would be cool if Strava would give MTBR a 50% group discount on memberships like they gave to SJBC.
    http://sanjosebikeclub.net/sponsors/11/strava.php

swag ho Administrator
    331k! Are we going on the podium today or what? 347k is not that far. It hardly rained. Go out for a ride.

For those with February footies, try out the free service now and upload your feb altitude.

fc

pro leisure tour
    Quote Originally Posted by ask
    It would be cool if Strava would give MTBR a 50% group discount on memberships like they gave to SJBC.
    http://sanjosebikeclub.net/sponsors/11/strava.php
    Heck ya! I would convert to an annual subscription in a heartbeat.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them yours

pro leisure tour
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    .... It hardly rained. Go out for a ride..
    I sneaked out today between raindrops for some more footies. Well ok, I didn't miss all the rain. Moved up a spot on the chart!...
    If you see someone without a smile, give them yours

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Try some of these codes. Should give you 30% off.

0af7b755df
    0b82735481
    0e5de897c9
    19a5388d3b
    46bcdc9d3c
    4f34e0fb8e
    5a24f0f41b
    7cec11ce7b

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by britboy36

0af7b755df
    0b82735481
    0e5de897c9
    19a5388d3b
    46bcdc9d3c
    4f34e0fb8e
    5a24f0f41b
    7cec11ce7b
    D’oh!!! I paid for my one-year subscription last night.

mtbr member
    Got FuzzyJohn to join today. Now just need to get him to upload everytime he rides!

may want to try this code. Gives three free months. Used once already but last one I had worked for more then one person.

73e0917cda
    Originally Posted by XC62701
    Agreed...make it longer. I want to know death is an option

mtbr member
    So, I have about 30k worth of climbing that I did in January that is not being counted. Says my data for KOM Challenge starting on Jan. 26 but I have many few rides between Jan1 and Jan. 26. Not sure why they aren't being counted...that would put us in third me thinks. Hohum.

mtbr member
    Francois sent you a PM.
    Originally Posted by XC62701
    Agreed...make it longer. I want to know death is an option

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    You can "invite a friend" for a free month for both you and your friend.

So has invites to hand out?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CodePoet
    You can "invite a friend" for a free month for both you and your friend.

So has invites to hand out?

Opps, that is only a free month for the person doing the inviting.

mtbr member
    If Team Wrong Way were to merge with mtbr, we would be only 2,000 feet away from first place!! I know you guys are reading this... no pressure

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Strava is the 3rd greatest website ever! This is so motivating and challenging. I hope it gains popularity and spreads worldwide!

Natural body armor
    Quote Originally Posted by urban turban
    If Team Wrong Way were to merge with mtbr, we would be only 2,000 feet away from first place!! I know you guys are reading this... no pressure
    NEVER! You're a band of slackers, what's the point getting on the podium with 100 members?
    "There is no A-line"
    Quadzilla - On-One USA

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Turtle
    NEVER! You're a band of slackers, what's the point getting on the podium with 100 members?
    We just want you, Hecox and Williams. We will have copious amounts of Pliny and foodies at my house to celebrate our victory.

fc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by britboy36

0af7b755df
    0b82735481
    0e5de897c9
    19a5388d3b
    46bcdc9d3c
    4f34e0fb8e
    5a24f0f41b
    7cec11ce7b
    Thanks. 0af7b755df worked for me.

site *****
    Mar 2008
    None of the codes worked for me