Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mtbr.com KOM at Strava

52K views 839 replies 78 participants last post by  urban turban 
#1 ·
Our team is one day old but we have rocketed to 8th place:
mtbr.com's Rides in February Climbing Competition for February »
Rank Athlete # Rides Elevation Gain (ft)
1 Steve Biggs 10 23,796
2 Josh Davidson 8 23,783
3 Arya Touserkani 6 20,275
4 Francis Cebedo 9 19,715
5 A. S. K. 6 17,559
6 sparkyJay . 7 16,957
7 Julie Kanagy 5 11,041
8 Dan King 5 10,782
9 Cherubin Cebedo 6 9,220
10 Paul MARSHALL 2 4,449
Total 64 rides 157,577 ft

http://app.strava.com/komchallenge

We have 11 participants right now but 7 of them are not signed up for the KOM. Go to the KOM page and sign up.

For those on Strava, add mtbr.com as your club and then sign up for KOM.

I am on injured reserve right now but my wife is taking up the slack!!

fc

See less See more
#376 ·
Maybe you rethinking your post JL to Socal forum that Norcal did not need their help?

Looks like Mission just gonna keep adding people till they have enough :(

I will try to add near 5k tomorrow...one of kids sick so maybe hard to do...

#377 ·
They have 10 more people than we do. If we had ten more doing at least 2k of climbing, we would have quite a bit more. I think any future contest will have participant limits but for now who cares, we are all getting in great shape for spring. We are going to be climbing monsters. I have never been in better shape at 38 years old. I remember not too long ago always being passed on the climbs. Now I can reel most people in and at least make a run at it. I don't mind the $59 a year for strava if I continue to make progress. Whatever happens by the end of the day tomorrow, we should all be proud. I am.

Paul

#381 ·

Amazing job done by all those who threw down elevation over the weekend. It was a massive effort by the whole group.

Now it's crunch time. We have one more day to make this happen for February. Lets show those lycra clad roadies what we've got!!!! mtbr.com'ers! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!

After today we can rest and enjoy a nice massage...

#384 ·
squashyo said:
Woke up at 5:30 to knock out another 2k...yep, cold as sheet. My wife is going to insist on counseling if I ask to go for a quick run after work.

Go gettm MTBrrrrr
Punched out another ~2k here too. We're down 1,392 to Mission as of this post.

We could use some daylight footies from the unemployment crew! As far as everyone else goes - hope you have your lights charged!

#393 ·
With the climbing that both sides have been putting up you wont know it is over until after the Fat Lady has sung. You check 1 minute and one team is ahead by 50k the next moment it is down 60k. Crazy!

#397 ·
I am taking 2 hours off at the end of my shift and going to try for 5k. My legs are also wasted and I can feel every stair I have to climb. I am going to end up doing repeats on Sierra Rd starting at about 745pm. I may try to do this 3 times if I can hack it. If not, a little over 4k will have to do.

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.