Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Paul: have fun going up Sierra a few times tonight. I'd join you, but for a dinnner party.
    I rode up Calaveras Road at lunch time to make some feet for the team. That's an easier climb than Sierra Road; maybe you should do that 6 times?
    Last edited by JL de Jong; 02-23-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

Hipster
    I can join you. When will you be starting? My gearing is slightly taller with 39/27. We'll see if I can make that 3rd climb

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall
    I am planning on getting over 5k on tonights ride. It will be a road ride up sierra rd and then back down and up again. I might even go for a third time which should translate into 1.5 hours of climbing and almost 6k of elevation. This is going to be difficult and not any fun. Hope my light holds up for that amount of time. Anybody care to suffer with me? I am really wishing I had a 34/28. I only have a 25 in back and that makes for a lot of standing while climbing. I am purely going for elevation and not time. Going to be chilly up there!

Natural body armor
    Quote Originally Posted by mboldt
    I can join you. When will you be starting? My gearing is slightly taller with 39/27. We'll see if I can make that 3rd climb
    When does the party start?
    "There is no A-line"
    Quadzilla - On-One USA

mtbr member
    Alright we have a taker! I am thinking about starting at 8pm. I ride from my house in downtown. If your up to going that late, you can meet me right at the base of the climb. The 3rd might be a bit of a challenge for me as well. I am thinking it will take approximately 30 mins for the first climb and then guessing it will get slower. Yeah, your gearing is going to be tougher for sure. PM me if your interested and I will give you my cell.

paul
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JL de Jong
    Paul: have fun going up Sierra a few times tonight. I'd join you, but for a dinnner party.
    I rode up Calaveras Road at lunch time to make some feet for the team. That's an easier climb than Sierra Road; maybe you should do that 6 times?

Yeah I just finished reading a Lance Armstrong book where he talked about doing this huge climb twice because he didn't "connect" with it the first time. I am inspired to do this twice and the third will just be pure stupidity. I also have been bogged down due to family commitments and things so I am making up some elevation for not being able to ride. JL- are you working over near my hood now? Hope to catch you sometime for a lunch ride if your up to some company.

Paul
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yep, I'm in the McCarthy Ranch office complex in Milpitas. Calavares, Sierra or Mission Peak at lunch time are good options to help the team. I'll pm you my work email so we can plan a lunch time ride for next week, when the (snow?) storm has blown over.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

PRETENDURO
    Woohoo!!! First time clearing the wall on Kennedy… on that fat bloated turd of a bike with the 9 pound rear wheel! I honestly believe, though that the steep-ass rollers further up toward Woods Road are harder:

http://www.strava.com/rides-by-count...imekiln-317339

Was beautiful up there today, not too cold. A few small spots of snow in the shade.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    You guys are freaking amazing man, I dont know how you do it! I did manage to get my buddy signed up and his mileage moved us into 3rd overall for the YTD and put us within 30K of 1st place for Feb!!! Since I cant add any real value in the climbing dept, I felt it was my duty to recruit someone who could!
    ;o)
    "Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    We should all kick each others asses to protect the environment.."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBShane
    You guys are freaking amazing man, I dont know how you do it! I did manage to get my buddy signed up and his mileage moved us into 3rd overall for the YTD and put us within 30K of 1st place for Feb!!! Since I cant add any real value in the climbing dept, I felt it was my duty to recruit someone who could!
    ;o)
    About 11k out of 1st right now. I wonder if the Sierra Road Repeat crew is gonna upload immediately or hold out...

190lbs of climber
    Alright, so JL thinks it is imperative that I get in on this, so he is getting me a Garmin and a Strava account. I do a lot of flattish road mile, but I do A LOT of flattish road miles, so I should be good for 40k a month easily. The thing is being ordered from the LBS in Cupertino, so I'll start logging my footies in March.
    THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBShane
    ;o)
    Great job! We are so close now 7K to go. Mission can probably feel us breathing down their necks. I predict we will jump into first tomorrow. Rain, snow or shine.. I'm riding.

I'm enjoying the relentless way we are reeling them in. The sneak attack would be quick and devastating, but I'm sure what we are doing at this point feels more like a slow agonizing death for them.

Let's ride SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by JL de Jong
    Yep, I'm in the McCarthy Ranch office complex in Milpitas. Calavares, Sierra or Mission Peak at lunch time are good options to help the team. I'll pm you my work email so we can plan a lunch time ride for next week, when the (snow?) storm has blown over.
    Hey, you're 2mi from me. I'm at 237 and 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by urban turban
    Great job! We are so close now 7K to go. Mission can probably feel us breathing down their necks. I predict we will jump into first tomorrow. Rain, snow or shine.. I'm riding.

I'm enjoying the relentless way we are reeling them in. The sneak attack would be quick and devastating, but I'm sure what we are doing at this point feels more like a slow agonizing death for them.
    Just finished the 3650ft. Sorry I missed your note UrbanTurban.
    The KOM contest is really for 2011, so I'm really not that worried about winning Feb., unless you guys really want to win Feb.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    Hey, you're 2mi from me. I'm at 237 and 1st.
    Not far from me either. I take the Dixon Landing Road exit from 880 to get to my office. Mission Peak lunch rides anyone???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    Just finished the 3650ft. Sorry I missed your note UrbanTurban.
    The KOM contest is really for 2011, so I'm really not that worried about winning Feb., unless you guys really want to win Feb.

Screw that!!! We should win EVERY month!!!
    "Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    We should all kick each others asses to protect the environment.."

mtbr member
    Like the look of your "Quest for East Bay Elevation" ride, MrCrash - think I'll shamelessly steal that ride for the cause (when the snow melts

Quote Originally Posted by maleonardphi
    Is there a way to upload GPX files like with Strava? I only see options to upload dirctly from a garmin device or by hand. I use my phone with MyTracks, and can't figure out how to upload the GPX files.
    Don't remember. I just upload from my garmin device.

mtbr member
    Strava wouldn't let me create my own one-man, ironic cycling club, so I joined in with you guys. Added 91,585 ft for Jan & Feb. Mostly road riding, but I snuck in a few mtn rides.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SFChristo
    Strava wouldn't let me create my own one-man, ironic cycling club, so I joined in with you guys. Added 91,585 ft for Jan & Feb. Mostly road riding, but I snuck in a few mtn rides.

Thank you SFChristo. Good night and buh-bye mission cycling.

Mtbr.com Total 372 rides 822,770 ft

http://app.strava.com/komchallenge/club/february

Last edited by francois; 02-23-2011 at 11:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Thank you SFChristo. Good night and buh-bye mission cycling.

Mtbr.com Total 372 rides 822,770 ft

http://app.strava.com/komchallenge/club/february
    .. and only 6K behind Mission Cycling for the year - sure you guys don't want to post those climbs you've been holding onto just to see us hit #1?

[edit: nevermind - was looking at wrong page or something - we are still 169K' away for the year, although I know my January rides aren't in the January total]

Hipster

Sierra x 3 = 5550ft

pmarshall and I both posted, 5550ft each! We'll see if the first place holds! Might have to put in a rain ride this weekend if Mission uploads new rides

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrash
    About 11k out of 1st right now. I wonder if the Sierra Road Repeat crew is gonna upload immediately or hold out...

Natural body armor
    pmarshall and I both posted, 5550ft each! We'll see if the first place holds! Might have to put in a rain ride this weekend if Mission uploads new rides
    Radical...
    "There is no A-line"
    Quadzilla - On-One USA

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Snow tires.

Get out a old set of knobbies and a whole lot of short screws and prepare for the weekend. Putting a set of "Mr. Tuffies" between the tires and the tube never hurts either.

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodePoet
    Snow tires.

Get out a old set of knobbies and a whole lot of short screws and prepare for the weekend. Putting a set of "Mr. Tuffies" between the tires and the tube never hurts either.
    Or just run the fattest tires you have tubeless at super low pressures. I moved from the SF Bay to Denver about 1.5 yrs ago and I quickly learned about snow riding. I have done quite a few snow rides on my SS this year and I have found on my 29ers that running 2.4 Mtn Kings or 2.4 Racing Ralphs tubeless at +/- 18-19 lbs front and 20-21 lbs rear (I go about 165-170 lbs) works quite well. No worries about blowing tires off my Archs or Crests as I'm not really railing corners in snow anyway.

swag ho Administrator
    News alert: satellite tracking computers drive cyclists insane

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast