Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mt Bike Oregon Update

912 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  LemurianGuy 
#1 ·
HI All
Thanks for the great sign up from N. Cali
Since nearly 40-45% I think riders signed up are from N. Cali I wanted to get this out to you, incase more of you want to sign up.

There are 250 riders signed up...before you say SH#T the trails are going to be packed, ask people that have ridden in Oakridge, there are ton of trails and people spread out nicely, it will be just fine...last years Middle Fork Ride had 60 people, by the time they were 5 miles into the ride I heard they were in 10 different riding groups.

We want MBO to keep it's small feel, so we are going to cap MBO at 300 riders, so sign up asap if you want to come.

Remember
LOTS of Single Track
FREE BEER
Demo bikes
FREE BEER
Cool people
FREE BEER
Lots more
FREE BEER

Please also remember the rates go up July 31, 2006

Please contact me with any questions at
raggy23@yahoo.com

See less See more
#2 ·
As long as you tell New Belgium that 450 people are coming! :thumbsup:

Can't wait for this.

Time to start thinking about the N.Cal caravan train.

Also a question for the experienced.. are the trails singlespeed friendly, or is full squish a better option?

#3 ·
Better.......

grrrah said:
As long as you tell New Belgium that 450 people are coming! :thumbsup:

Can't wait for this.

Time to start thinking about the N.Cal caravan train.

Also a question for the experienced.. are the trails singlespeed friendly, or is full squish a better option?
........bring both! We are :thumbsup: ...........

#4 ·
Bring your Single Speed!!

I went last year and assure you the trails are very SS friendly, a full boinger is not necessary. A group of Redding folks will be leaving Wed am around 8:00 if you're interested. We're planning to ride Waldo Lake on our way in. If you're coming from California, its 30-40 mins quicker to Leave I-5 at Weed and take Hwy 97 North to Hwy 58 West rather than I-5 to Eugene.

Last year I was on the Middle Fork ride Randy mentioned and it wasn't crowded at all. If you're coming, be sure to ride Middle Fork at least once, its an amazing ride and my ATF trail. A few pics from last year attached.

Attachments

#9 ·
Yah, but......

LemurianGuy said:
I went last year and assure you the trails are very SS friendly, a full boinger is not necessary. A group of Redding folks will be leaving Wed am around 8:00 if you're interested. We're planning to ride Waldo Lake on our way in. If you're coming from California, its 30-40 mins quicker to Leave I-5 at Weed and take Hwy 97 North to Hwy 58 West rather than I-5 to Eugene.

Last year I was on the Middle Fork ride Randy mentioned and it wasn't crowded at all. If you're coming, be sure to ride Middle Fork at least once, its an amazing ride and my ATF trail. A few pics from last year attached.
...you're on a full boinger! heh...:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.