Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2005

Mt Bike Oregon Thanks

Hi All

It has been a great event! I had a blast.

Thanks for everyone that came, sorry about the rain in the end.

Long day must sleep

Look forward to seeing trail pictures
    of our area through your eyes...plus pic's of the beer garden trailer moment haha

Take Care

another day at the office
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy23
    Hi All

It has been a great event! I had a blast.

Thanks for everyone that came, sorry about the rain in the end.

Long day must sleep

Look forward to seeing trail pictures
    of our area through your eyes...plus pic's of the beer garden trailer moment haha

Take Care

Hey Randy,

Eighteen of us Norcalers are here in a Mackenzie River Hotel setting up to do some more riding tomorrow.

Thanks for the best time EVAR!!! The Middle Fork ride is the the best in my riding history.

We'll be back. We're still here. Maybe we'll stay.

francois
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some pain is physical and some is mental, but one that's both is dental.

mtbr member
    Is that an 08' Specialized Stumpy Pro in the first pic? Somebody must have the inside hook-up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus
    Is that an 08' Specialized Stumpy Pro in the first pic? Somebody must have the inside hook-up.
    That in fact is the 29er stumpy in the pic. Specialized had lots of demo bikes, including the Stumpy Pro, Epic and others.

Had to drive all the way back from Oakridge tonight, so sorry for the late pics. All my action shots came out a little blurry, but here is some scenery.

And thanks to all the hard work from Randy and the crew to put together a fabulous weekend.

NedwannaB

Top of.....

Quote Originally Posted by bustamove
    We'll be back. We're still here. Maybe we'll stay. francois
    .....Heckletooth????

Medium?
    Eighteen of us Norcalers are here in a Mackenzie River Hotel setting up to do some more riding tomorrow.

I am so f'n jealous. Grrrr. What am I thinking?

I did a 12 miler that had almost 2 miles of dirt on Saturday...

mtbr member
    Looks like Norcal MTBR was well represented in the official photographs. Swiped these from the website, but there are many more that may be worth seeing, including pictures of my tent.

Hope the cool crew had fun at MRT.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47
    .....Heckletooth????
    The cliff half way down Lawler (my favorite trail).
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Insanity later
    No that photo is actually from half way down Lawler. Sure looks a lot like Heckletooth though.

I just rode MRT with the MTBR crew today. They are on their way back south now. Poor buggers have got a long drive ahead of them, but it was sure worth it!!

MRT was WET!! Still, we got to enjoy Sahalie, Koosah and Blue Pool in all their splendor, and still had fun. What a great group. You're all welcome to come up here and enjoy our trails any time. We still have plenty more to show you

Boyd

P.S. That was me on the 29er Stumpy. I loved the ride. Just a pity about the BB height, which didn't really work on Middle Fork with all the roots and rocks. Other than that, it was great. Thumps up to Specialized for having the best Demo program I've seen in a long time.

Hey Randy,

Thanks for the best time EVAR!!! The Middle Fork ride is the the best in my riding history.

We'll be back. We're still here. Maybe we'll stay.

francois
    Conversation with francois Saturday night.

shiggy: How was the Middle Fork?

francois: BEST TRAIL EVER!

shiggy: Yup, one of our better rides.

francois: Why didn't you invite me up here sooner?

shiggy: I did.

francois: Why didn't you tell me the trails were so good?

shiggy: I did.

francois: Why didn't you insist we come?

shiggy: I did. And I have come down to ride your trails several times over the years.

francois: Now I understand why you seemed so ho-hum when we took you on them! Are there any other trails around here as good as the Middle Fork?

shiggy: (I name 8-10 of the top of my head) You really need to ride Tire Mountain tomorrow (francois bailed on that one because of a little rain--best group EVER!).
    mtbtires.com

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now
    No that photo is actually from half way down Lawler. Sure looks a lot like Heckletooth though.

I just rode MRT with the MTBR crew today. They are on their way back south now. Poor buggers have got a long drive ahead of them, but it was sure worth it!!

MRT was WET!! Still, we got to enjoy Sahalie, Koosah and Blue Pool in all their splendor, and still had fun. What a great group. You're all welcome to come up here and enjoy our trails any time. We still have plenty more to show you

Boyd

P.S. That was me on the 29er Stumpy. I loved the ride. Just a pity about the BB height, which didn't really work on Middle Fork with all the roots and rocks. Other than that, it was great. Thumps up to Specialized for having the best Demo program I've seen in a long time.
    Today I did Twins (to the top), down the backside to Lemmish Lake, back to Charelton Lake, eastside of Waldo and up Betty Lake today--solo--everyone else bailed because of the mist and/or MRT. Perfect tread conditions! ~29 miles of flowy singletrack
    mtbtires.com

Slowest Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by EBrider
    Looks like Norcal MTBR was well represented in the official photographs. Swiped these from the website, but there are many more that may be worth seeing, including pictures of my tent.

Hope the cool crew had fun at MRT.
    Nice to see Plim and Fiona represented. NorCal MTBR was definitely well represented on this ride. All knew about us.

I was noticing those looked like my shoes in the picture above. I just pulled up my pants legs and damm... I do have a scratch on my left leg I didn't notice! I thought the itch was from the wasp bite just below it.

Oh, and I'm so glad I didn't bail from the rain on Sunday, conditions were tacky perfect and the rain cleared. I got a clue when I saw more guides than people on the bus. THEY knew it was going to be good riding.

I've got a card full of pictures as always. I'll post later.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

mtbr member

Boyd

We headed back after riding Sunday, but a big thanks to you, Wes, Cheri, and the rest of the guides for making my weekend.

Steve

mtbr member
    Looks awesome. Maybe next year. How much does this cost again?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Later, Kiwi

We still have plenty more to show you

Boyd
    What's this "we" cr@p, ya damn foreigner?!? Great to see you, Boyd. Safe journeys to you.

Thank you, all you NorCal'ers, for coming up and partaking in the splendor of our playground. If it weren't for you, all us guides wouldn't have had all the meals, beer, shuttles, and great people to ride with!

Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Albee loves you! (and it's not just the pinot noir talking....)

p.s. Wanna hear something crazy? Middle Fork isn't even in my top 10 of local trails!

swag ho Administrator
    WE IS BACK IN TOWN! At least some of us. Post your photos on the MBO gallery please.

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery.php/cat/1164

fc
    IPA will save America

NedwannaB

Hey Shiggy

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The cliff half way down Lawler (my favorite trail).
    That must be the longer route of the trail we climbed the paved road (others shuttled ) up the mtn, across the river in back of camp??

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47
    That must be the longer route of the trail we climbed the paved road (others shuttled ) up the mtn, across the river in back of camp??

Nope. You're describing Larrison Rock, and Larrison Creek. This trail is the opposite direction from Oakridge, closer to Eugene.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

NedwannaB

RighturSir!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Nope. You're describing Larrison Rock, and Larrison Creek. This trail is the opposite direction from Oakridge, closer to Eugene.
    I knew it started with an L......thx Sasquatch.

Yah, we did Creek in the morning, wanted to go up in the evening to do the Rock, but shig took us out on an extended Heckletooth epic during the day, we didn't have it in us after that.....

swag ho Administrator
    So here's some teaser photos. I'll write a bigger article.

Last year, I missed this event since I was on Vitamin Vicodin. People I trusted said I missed some really, really good trails.

Well, I got myself north of the state border and had a grand time. These are some of the best trails and the best people EVAR!!! <-- you'll hear that a lot.

Here's a taste:

The Law

A major crash in the group

Aussie Bob

JeffH on Hardesty trail

Noah with a trailside tattoo

Dan51

There were a few scenic bridges

Personalized box lunch

Mtbr tent in the rain

A little accident with the keg tower

Boyd leading the charge

Nick on the lava

Ho hum

Wes and Boyd saying 'Thank you, come again mate!'

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    The second pic in Ebrider's post is of Boyd's "special rider mating." Pretty sure he meant to say "meeting" in order to talk to us about the x-tinsion. As one of the few ladies in the group, I was relieved.

Hey, great event. Really well organized from my perspective and I loved the eco-friendly aspects of it-- no disposable wares for the meals etc. Plus, the riding was extraordinary, especially Middle Fork.

When's the next NorCal MTBR event?

Gotta go make some MBO Blackberry Cobbler now...

Shiloh
    Can we talk tires now?

aka dan51
    BEST RIDES EVARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll be back next year for sure.

-Dan
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Oh, the best quote of the entire weekend:

While in the lunch line, Chum politely asks Bob (I think that was his name) the guide with shoulder length curly hair, "So, what kind of tires should I run in this weather?"

At that point I kind of tuned out because Chum started rattling off different kinds of tires he thought might be appropriate given the night's deluge.

Without hesitation and with much disdain, Bob said, "**** that. I don't talk tire."

Then and there, I knew Bob was a man after my own heart. Rensho's too.
    Can we talk tires now?

Trail Goddess
    Ogre and I just got back home. Thanks to Randi, Porter and crew!!!! It ROCKED just as much as last year. Can't wait to attend next year. Maybe we'll ride MRT dry. We're planning on North Umpqua River afterwards.

Fiona
    I've become one of those people, you know the ones.

bike buster
    Thanks for the memories. The trails, people and accomodations were perfect. I'll be among the first to sign up for MBO 2008.

Justin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast