Sweat is just fat crying.

Movie of my dog in a BOB trailer

This Pepper's first time in the trailer- hopefully I can get him used to it w/out using the tether. He's doing pretty good- he looks a little apprehensive at first, but once we get onto the smooth road, he starts to look around at his surroundings & relax.

Has anyone else done this? I've found the weight of him shifting w/ the trailer really hurts the bike handling. Maybe something we just have to get used to.

He's about 6 months old, btw. I found him alongside the road about a month ago & took him home. He's a smart little cookie, and hopefully, he'll be a good trail dog. And yes, he likes beer. He's got a Sierra Nevada bottle opener around his neck.

fp
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member
    Awesome! Totally Awesome!

organically fed
    Haha, I love it!

Thanks for adopting a Pit Bull/X. They're the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by w00t!
    Haha, I love it!

Thanks for adopting a Pit Bull/X. They're the greatest.
    Yeah, he's pretty swell. The vet said he's a pit/border collie mix.

fp
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

EEP-OPP-ORK-AH-AH
    great looking doggie =)

perhaps a protector to stop his face from rubbing the rear wheel on harder stops would be good, also double as a mud guard to prevent dirt from flying up into his face ...

cool idea!
    [SIZE="1"]"Often life has many clouds, but they quickly pass"
    - Mark Pi Fortune Cookie
    [/SIZE]

NedwannaB

Be careful.....

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    And yes, he likes beer. He's got a Sierra Nevada bottle opener around his neck. fp
    Contributing to a minor......Cracked me up watchin the little fella staying in the trailer after you stopped. Wish my kids were that well behaved . Man you are a flatlander! Now I see why you have to travel out of your zipcode to get a decent ride in.

enter and win

awesome

Yeah, he's pretty swell. The vet said he's a pit/border collie mix.

fp
    what a good little pibbus. he'll always & forever be grateful to you

Trail Goddess

Gary, great news!!!

Glad you finally found a new trail pup. Video is too cute. Looks like he'll need his own AA membership soon.

Fiona
    I've become one of those people, you know the ones.

Coyotewoman
    Looks like a great trail dog-in-training. Glad he did not end up at the shelter-their overwhelmed right now .Watch your beer though-those Border Collies tend to outsmart their owners!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

That's awesome

My first thought was that your boy could guard your beer after you hit the market, but since he has his own opener.. I would keep an eye on him.

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Looks just like Fiona when I was riding with her on Fred's Tandem... only the dog isn't saying "Owww", "Slow Down" or "it's in too high a gear".

Anyhow... awesome seeing you with dog again Gary. Maybe we can take him to Hogan when it's below 100 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by 0gre
    Looks just like Fiona when I was riding with her on Fred's Tandem... only the dog isn't saying "Owww", "Slow Down" or "it's in too high a gear".

Anyhow... awesome seeing you with dog again Gary. Maybe we can take him to Hogan when it's below 100 one of these days.
    He may say "owwww" when I hit the brakes & he grinds his nose down on the rear tire.

Hogan? My thoughts, too, but I've got to get his paws toughened up, first. I'm looking for dog packs, too. REI has some, but none will fit.

fp

just another bleepin SSer
    Has anyone else done this? I've found the weight of him shifting w/ the trailer really hurts the bike handling. Maybe something we just have to get used to.
    Berry at Passion Trail Bikes often bike commutes in to work towing his dog behind him in a trailer. He went for a kid type trailer (enclosed). Buster (the dog) has settled in to the routine pretty well.
    --
    Getting old, fat, and slow...
    Business: www.calkayakermag.com
    Personal: www.singlespeed.org
    自転車が好きだよ

wg
    Fermented Grain Sampler
    Niiice. He looked very happy back there. Didn't want to get out.... hah! hey you're doing the work, get back to it! Now he doesn't have to run to get to all the sniffs that a dog needs.
    Watch out with the beer.... a friend of mine got our Border Collie/lab interested in that stuff and she was hooked for life.

I also like that he stays. Our new Border Collie (1 year old) is a runner. She hopped the fence around 9am this morning. Spent the day riding around the ridge trails and neighborhoods looking for her. at 5PM get a call from home... she hopped back over the 6' fence into our backyard and was staring at the family wanting to come back into the house. Its dinner time!
    Oh, and this one likes Scotch.
    Don't harsh my mello

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    He may say "owwww" when I hit the brakes & he grinds his nose down on the rear tire.

Hogan? My thoughts, too, but I've got to get his paws toughened up, first. I'm looking for dog packs, too. REI has some, but none will fit.
    I figured you'd pull him in the trailer, why does he need tough paws?

I haven't rubbed Fiona's nose on the rear tire yet. Maybe next time I take her out.

is down to roll...
    fun vid! I'm hoping to do the same, as our puppy is just 14 weeks old. I even looked at sidecars, but realized I have no where to store another bike item. If she stays small, I'll just have to carry her in a backpack. I realized the repeating sound is your shorts brushing the camera as you pedaled.
    -ebR

pewpewpew Moderator
    what a great pooch, and a great video. made me smile.

Pad the rails, & getsomething for the doggy to sit on too - those bob's bounce around a lot!
    Love, Impy

J
    ROOOOOOOO
    We needed a thread like this, thank you.

I'd say take a picture of his butt but thanks to you and your boy Fast Eddy I have one already.

Master of '80s BMX tricks

"Here's where they're planting...peppers!"

that was great, finchy.

Teach him to pull YOU in the bob and you'll be on to something.

He's got a Sierra Nevada bottle opener around his neck.
    Ah, but does he know how to use it?

over & out.

youtube.com/quik564
    Ohhhh that's great!! Glad to see you chose to adopt. Is this how you start training a pup for running the trails with ya?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    OMG! that the cutest video!!! so adorable!! Pepper is so behaved just chillin back there!

Quote Originally Posted by Quik564
    Ohhhh that's great!! Glad to see you chose to adopt. Is this how you start training a pup for running the trails with ya?
    He already runs along next to the bike pretty good, but I don't want to overdo it as he's still growing. The trailer is for the "epic" rides when he starts to get tired. Or I start to get tired.

Thanks all for your comments!

fp

sunnyside up
    Awesome. I love it. Good for you letting your pup develop before too much running. Reba, our German Shorthair Pointer, is four years old now and a total trail running fiend. Short short hair is great in a trail dawg as overheating seems to be their biggest issue.

Reba and I just got back from Downieville. I bought the fancy booties for her at REI. They work great. She did the shuttle up to Packer Saddle, ran down Butcher (moistened paws in all the little streams) ran down Paulie (thorough dunking in the creek, full emersion), up to Third, down third, moistened ears at the spring, at Lavezola (again full wet in the creek) ran down to First, where I had to finally take her booties off because they were abrading her wrists. A the top part of First, made the first error in not stopping to dunk here in the swimming hole there. We cut off the bottom part of first and took the road down the road into town. She probably could have done the second part of First but we were all happy to hang out with beers and a great big fetching stick at the river in town.

She was pretty tired the next day, but no injuries to her paws and no lameness other than just generally being s l o w.
    "...So forget all your duties, oh yeah! Fat bottomed girls, they'll be riding today..." Freddie Mercury

mtbr member
    I guess Dick is in doggie heaven? Dick was cool.
    Tequila is a pallid flame that passes through walls and soars over tile roofs to allay despair. A. Mutis

Quote Originally Posted by Zignzag
    I guess Dick is in doggie heaven? Dick was cool.
    Aww, thanks, man. Yeah, he passed away from something the vet couldn't figure out and I couldn't afford to keep throwing $$ at him.