mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Mountain Bike Fishing Trip

I'm looking for a fun mountain bike trail with decent fishing along the way or at the end. I was thinking of Hole in the Ground but I'd like to hear what other people think. Ill be taking my dad who is an intermediate rider (who doesnt mind the occasional walk ) but doesn't like exposure to cliffs and things like that.

As far as length, I was planning on making a day trip so roughly 20 miles or so. Definitely nothing too short but less than 30. Id also like to stay within a couple hours of Sacramento.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hi,
    If you like fishing creeks, Downieville has the Downie river, N Yuba, and Lavezzola/Pauley. All great fishing.
    HitG does not really have good fishing. For a while they did not stock Lola Montez Lakes; they may be now though. Sand Ridge LAke is not too good.
    You can ride up and over Mt. Lola to White Rock Lake which has great fishing, but going over Lola had a fair bit of HaB, especially coming back up the backside.
    Grouse Ridge Lakes-there are many lakes that are scenic and fish pretty well. Technicalness of the trail is within the HitG range to more techy.
    For my money I'd do a Rucker/Blue/Zionhill ride over to Fordyce Creek and LAke Spaulding. All of them fish pretty well.
    Lastly, shoot me a message if you don't mind riding fire roads-lots of options here!
    John

I fix your broken ****!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Svahn View Post
    Hi,
    If you like fishing creeks, Downieville has the Downie river, N Yuba, and Lavezzola/Pauley. All great fishing.
    HitG does not really have good fishing. For a while they did not stock Lola Montez Lakes; they may be now though. Sand Ridge LAke is not too good.
    You can ride up and over Mt. Lola to White Rock Lake which has great fishing, but going over Lola had a fair bit of HaB, especially coming back up the backside.
    Grouse Ridge Lakes-there are many lakes that are scenic and fish pretty well. Technicalness of the trail is within the HitG range to more techy.
    For my money I'd do a Rucker/Blue/Zionhill ride over to Fordyce Creek and LAke Spaulding. All of them fish pretty well.
    Lastly, shoot me a message if you don't mind riding fire roads-lots of options here!
    John
    +1 for downieville. awesome riding and fishing out there along the yuba. Also biked/fished once out of the Lake Almanor area which turned out to be a good time.