mtbr member

Mount Shasta Ski Park 2017 Mt Bike Season

Exciting news in Mt Shasta!

The Mount Shasta Ski Park has opened the mountain for Downhill Mt Biking for the 2017 Summer Bike Season.

Rates, Maps, Videos, Trail Conditions and more are available here:
    Mt Shasta Ski Park's 2017 Summer Mt Biking Season Now Open. Lift accessed Downhill Mountain Bike Trails in Northern California. Powered by www.TheBikeStore.com

The park is open on Saturday and Sunday until October 15th September 30th from 10:00am - 4:00pm

If you have a 2017/18 Ski Season Pass, you can ride at the Ski Park this Summer for FREE!

The Mt Shasta Ski Park team is working hard to maintain and improve the trails each week.

Come up and enjoy the ride.

Cheers,
    -Mike
    Last edited by TheBikeStore; 09-26-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Trail Gnome Moderator
    Thanks for posting, Mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    You gotta convince Richard to keep it open for next year!

mtbr member
    The key to the Ski Park being open next season and beyond is good rider turn out this season. Richard and the gang are working hard on the trails as well as adding promotional events to bring folks up to the park.

Starting this weekend there is a Fat Tire Bike give away contest and a band in the lodge area in the afternoon. I have brought up the idea of a downhill race in October and that is also being looked at.

Fat Bike / Learn to Ski Contest info here: https://www.skipark.com/tickets-pass...-lift-tickets/

On September 30th at the Mt Shasta Ski Park’s First Annual “Subabrew”, brought to you by the Mount Shasta Ski Park and Subaru of Redding, will have a drawing to give away a Fat Tire Bike from The Bike Store in Mt Shasta and a 1-2-3 Learn to Ski Package.

Buy a lift ticket and you get a ticket for the contest for free!

With each ticket earned you can enter in either contest, the “Fat Tire Bike” or the “Learn to Ski Contest” It starts this Saturday, Sept 2nd and ends Sept 30th with the drawing. You must be present to win!

Fat tire bike you can win is listed here: www.KHSBicycles.com
    (The bike will be upgraded with Shimano hydraulic brakes and a SRAM drivetrain)

-Mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I hope they realize Rome was not built in a day.

It will take a few years of trail work to get the attendance they want. A sort of "If you build it they will come" sort of thing. If keep improving the trails they will eventually make it profitable. The better they make the trails the more hype they will get and the more people will come. I think it'll take a couple years to get enough hype..

PokeyOne
    Feb 2009
    Shasta running well would make for a great week long vacation and ride for us bay area folks.
    Motor up the 5.
    First stop - Shasta. Ride the lifts and rail some new trails. Support a new park.
    Next stop - Ashland. Shuttle a couple runs and pedal a little extra.
    Last stop - Bend. Take your tuned up legs and bike skills and ride huge single lap 30milers for 2 days.
    Last day - Get in a good stretch, eat a huge breakfast, road trip home, stop for massage on the way.
    Return to work and quietly pity your co-workers for their boring week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renovatio View Post
    If keep improving the trails they will eventually make it profitable. The better they make the trails the more hype they will get and the more people will come. I think it'll take a couple years to get enough hype..
    Agreed!

On a positive note I overheard at least a few riders comment today about how much nicer the trails are now vs just a couple of weeks ago!

Latest trail conditions report:
    Trail Report for Saturday 9/2/17 and Sunday 9/3/17
    Added 500 Feet irrigation on Beginner Trail
    Reworked Flow Trail

I'll sneak in a few runs tomorrow and see how it looks for myself.

-mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I think I'll hit Shasta next weekend. Was there the first few weekends, Sounds like its gotten better!

mtbr member
    I think I'll hit Shasta next weekend. Was there the first few weekends, Sounds like its gotten better!
    Please do come up! The trails are much improved since the first few weekends. Most runs are getting packed in nice and the air quality has been better at the Ski Park elevation than anywhere around the area in the surrounding towns.

Name:  JesseAndDylan.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  33.0 KB
    Jesse (age 5) and Dylan (age 4) were ripping it at the park all day Saturday and had a great day on the trails!

mtbr member
    I have added a Strava Leaderboard section to my site here:
    Mt Shasta Ski Park's Strava Leaderboard

Additional updates coming soon.

Come on up and ride this weekend. Air quality has been much better then in town.

Pic from the lift on Sunday the 3rd of September
    Mount Shasta Ski Park 2017 Mt Bike Season-liftpic090317.jpg

mtbr member
    Mt Shasta Ski Park Issued Trail Report September 8th 2017:

Trail Report for Saturday 9/9/17 and Sunday 9/10/17
    New CROSS OVER trail activated access from flow to feature to beginner trail & vice versa,
    Some rain has helped with trail compaction, all main trails and water systems reworked.

Mount Shasta Ski Park 2017 Mt Bike Season-trailcrew.jpg

Looking forward to some nice cool temps and some smoke free weather for some really good riding conditions!

Cheers,
    -Mike

mtbr member
    The riding was sweet yesterday. Expecting more of the same today!

The park is open from 10-4 today. Come up and support your local bike park today.

Mount Shasta Ski Park 2017 Mt Bike Season-liftcrew.jpg

-Mike

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I wanted to comment, but held back. You said exactly what I was thinking, but even better. Thanks for speaking the truth. I really hope they stick with it and are able to provide our area with an exceptional recreation opportunity.

I hope they realize Rome was not built in a day.

It will take a few years of trail work to get the attendance they want. A sort of "If you build it they will come" sort of thing. If keep improving the trails they will eventually make it profitable. The better they make the trails the more hype they will get and the more people will come. I think it'll take a couple years to get enough hype..
    Redding Trail Alliance - www.reddingtrailalliance.org

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Had no idea Shasta had bike ops! Nice!! Will have to add it to the calendar...for next year.

mtbr member
    Looks like the fast kids came out to play this past weekend at the ski park. WTB Pro Rider Mike Lee set a couple of fast lap times on the mountain that will be tough to beat.

Mt Shasta Ski Park Strava Leaderboards

There are still a few weeks left in the season. Come up a have a go and see how you stack up against a pro rider.

Cheers,
    -Mike

mtbr member
    Mt Shasta Ski Park Issued Trail Report September 15th 2017:

Trail Report for Saturday 9/16/17 and Sunday 9/17/17
    Cooling temps and rain helped firm up the trails. Improvements done to both the downhill and feature trails. The back side single track remains soft. On the Flow Trail, work was done to the watering system.

Don't forget about the Subabrew MTB Party on September 30th. Come up and enter to win a free fat tire bike.

Name:  WinMeBike.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  40.5 KB

Cheers and see you on the mountain,
    -Mike

mtbr member
    Mt Shasta Ski Park Issued Trail Report September 22nd 2017:

Trail Report for Saturday 9/23/17 and Sunday 9/24/17
    Trail conditions should be close to full blown fall riding conditions this weekend. We will also be watering the trails as normal Friday and Saturday Morning. It rained enough Wednesday to firm the dirt up significantly and help us do some maintenance in areas that were too dry before. Thursday it hailed/snowed lightly almost all day which melted into the dirt. Cold nights are holding the moisture in the dirt. Come up and enjoy some good runs!

We continue to maintain the water system but we will not be implementing timers or modifying the system any more this year as there is only two weekends left this season. Being as the dirt is holding the water fairly well with the cool weather we might avoid watering during operating hours as long as the dirt does not dry out too much.

Come up and enjoy the best riding so far at the Skipark this year!

-Mike

Also this weekend!! Strava for a chance to win a prize... probably a free beverage, possibly more... There will be courses and rules etc. posted at each lift. You must complete and save your rides before 2:30 pm to be eligible. Only 2 weekends left of the best riding we will see at the Skipark bike park this season. Come shred some wet dirt!!

mtbr member
    The Ski Park's last day for mountain biking in 2017 is next Saturday, September 30th.

mtbr member
    One more day! Last chance to support the Ski Park this season and bomb some runs is this Saturday the 30th, 2017.

The Ski Park is giving away a Fat Tire Bike

Live music in the base area and Sierra Nevada Brewery will be on hand.

Here is a little video of the Ski Park's director Fred doing a run.
    http://www.lunadoodle.com/skipark/FredDHCourse.mp4

Hope to see you at the park tomorrow.

-Mike

mtbr member
    Last day of the season! Come up and get some laps.

Strava Race Today

Win a Fat Tire Bike Today

Enjoy the ride and thanks for a great season,

-Mike