Thread: Modesto Riders

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Modesto Riders

Just wondering if there are any Modesto Riders on here? I haven't been riding the Dry Creek Trails or even around town that much the last few years and now it seems there are bikes everywhere. I must have seen 40-50 MTB riders over the last 2-3 days on the trails.....pretty cool, looks like the sport is growing

Where do you folks shop for your bikes and bike gear?

mtbr dismember

World of Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by kelster1574 View Post
    Where do you folks shop for your bikes and bike gear?
    World of Wheels.

Older & Slower
    Fun Sport Bikes

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    Cyclemasters in Turlock

George's Bikes in Ripon

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

mtbr dismember

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by historeeteacher View Post
    Fun Sport Bikes
    Funsport is owned by the same guys that own World of Wheels and that's where they are based. Much bigger store and higher end bikes. Gary at Cyclemasters is a fantastic mechanic.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    World of Wheels and Fun Sport seem to be the longest standing (same owners, brothers right?). I have purchased stuff from both....even bought a Giant Boulder for my son at WOW this morning. I buy and have always bought most of my gear from Cycle Masters. Gary is the man........

Is George's right off the overpass, near the fire station?

Economy Bikes on Coffee is pretty good. Stan the owner seems to be geared toward Fixie's and Cruisers but he handles pretty much everything, seems like a cool dude. FYI - He is the local Kona dealer and they are having a Swap Meet with BBQ and Music on Sunday 24th

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    If you want to hook up with Modesto riders, Dry Creek Trail Riders currently have 232 members on Facebook.

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I just bought a downhill and looking for a place to ride within an hour or so. I've done Pinecrest peak a few times - any other suggestions? Used to mx at Dogtown/Coulterville, anyone DH there? I think you could shuttle with a truck pretty easy. Sonora?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Also, head mechanic at World of Wheels is honest and won't waste your money selling stuff you don't need.