mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Mission Peak Restoration Video

This is just a reminder that we should do the right thing whenever we ride at Mission Peak. Looks like the hikers need to be spoken to in order to do the right thing for the park. We mountain bikers seem to get the bad rap when it is the hikers that need a lesson in appropriate trail use.

Mission Peak Restoration Video: Mission Peak Trail Restoration Project - YouTube

Paper or plastic?
    I wonder if they're going to restore the huge scar below the peak (facing west).
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    The East Bay Ranch Protection District talking about trail restoration/erosion is pure comedy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    The East Bay Ranch Protection District talking about trail restoration/erosion is pure comedy.
    You can say that if you wish, but I remember what Hidden Valley Trail going up to Mission Peak from Stanford Avenue used to look like in 2001-2002 and how it was tidied up in the few years that followed. I was pretty impressed by that. If it was done once, it can probably be done again.
    Looking for local rides? You'll find plenty on my website: Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    If you had a chance to see the recent improvements along the first to third benches, I think you would be surprised at the difference. It is now green again without the HUGE and WIDE shortcuts that were at one time even wider than the Ohlone Wilderness Trail. Mission Peak with the trail maintenance help looks like it is coming back.

mtbr member
    I use mission peak as a training hike for backpacking. I've spoken with one of the bike patrol guys a few times. He's a super nice guy. Anyway, I've seen him speak to many short cutting hikers. He probably has a huge impact on cutting down on short cutting hikers.
    I like to ride bikes.