Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Dion! Dude I am super glad your out training! I am not sure it is really you though because of a few things. #1- your not trolling exclusively for ladies at the Muriel Wright Civilized Lady Training Center. #2- I recall seeing a squishy thing resembling a suspension fork on a regular looking MTB. #3- You are at Mission Peak and not at Santa Teresa. So my question is this. Who in the H-E-L-L are you and what have you done with Dion? I will give in that you post some great stuff in his place but that isn't enough to satisfy me.
    In response to your response, I offer a response.

#1: Just because I ride with a chloroform rag, duct tape, some baby oil and a plastic shower curtain doesn't mean what you think it means. I actually do dental procedures, repair an array of household items, have dry skin and like to have privacy when I shower.

#2: That squishy thing you see is my gut hanging onto the top tube. How dare you? I happen to be on the board of Non-Tagalog Speaking Fat Filipino Haoles of America (NTSFFHA) - and this sir... IS AN OUTRAGE. I did install a remote lock-out on my gut for the street, though. You know, for more efficiency.

#3: I went to Mission Peak, because I wanted to peak my mission. And by that I mean "get a boner". I got a half-y instead and went home.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    quick question: when you guys come down mission peak, does everyone hit all the short single track section between the fireroads like the guys on youtube do? Just search up "Mission Peak Downhill Ohlone Side MTB (Fremont, CA)" if you want to see the video, I don't have enough posts to put up a link yet
    Think a hardtail 26er with 100mm travel can handle all that? I'm down to try I just don't want to be thrown off my bike on the way down.

mtbr member
    No suspension needed, although it might help to drop your seat...
    Note that the cow trails are not "legal" for bikes to be on.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of the short single track down the front side is blocked by fences now???

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Not the last time I was there, a lot of it was still open and this was only about two weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Those "singletrack" shortcuts on the front side are a bane of Mission Peak and the park/volunteers spend a good amount of effort to fight them. Those of you who know how things there used to look 8 or 10 years ago (very wide and ugly dirt swaths shortcutting almost every curve) will already be aware of and appreciate how remarkable a turn around has been achieved since then. Using and promoting the use of those shortcuts would move us closer to those bad old days, which would be a sad and unfortunate reversal.

Granted, most of those paths are opened/caused by irresponsible hikers rather than bikers, but that doesn't mean that it's okay for us to help with the damage. Never mind whether it's "legal" or not, it's just a simple matter of responsibility and preserving something you value.
    Looking for local rides? You'll find plenty on my website: Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4