Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

MIKE V. apprehended by UC POLICE!!!!

Several days ago, one of our customers came in to tell us this event that happened to him recently while riding bikes in Berkeley.

On Saturday May 15th, he was riding a trail behind the UC Berkeley campus, when he was stopped by a crazed hiker furnishing an ice pick. The crazed hiker attempted to slice the tire and potentially attack him. In attempt to defend himself, our customer raised a fist and was going to knock the deranged hiker out. The said hiker replied with, "you aren't going to hit a guy twice your age are you?", and the cyclist decided not to but replied with, "no, but I'm going to go contact the UC police". The cyclist headed down the hill and then reported to the UC police, the encounter he just had. Having no idea the name of the crazy hiker, he put in the report with the police and they seemed to know who this said hiker was.
    Several days later, the cyclist was called into the UC Berkeley police station to pick the hiker out of a line up. He picked out Mr. V right away, and after he left the line up room, ANOTHER cyclist came in to pick him out of the line up for yet another similar situation.
    Mr. V was apprehended and arrested, and is currently facing charges for several accounts of furnishing a weapon and false imprisonment. The police are urging anyone else who has had similar situations to please come forward and file a report. When the cyclist asked the policeman if he was going to site him for riding the trail, the policeman replied with "no, we are not enforcing the use of the trail, and by the way there is no official ruling about bicycles on that trail".

Here is a link to the UC police log for that day so you can revel in a victory for the Norcal mountain bike community!

http://police.berkeley.edu/bulletins/05152010Page2.htm
    Last edited by peletonnissen; 05-25-2010 at 09:51 PM.
    HANK & FRANK BICYCLES Lafayette
    Service Manager
    www.hankandfrankbicycles.com

Ride Responsibly
    Fantastic!
    And it is "brandishing"

wg
    Fermented Grain Sampler
    Don't harsh my mello

mtbr member
    nice! time to update the comment sections of the recent articles

mtbr member
    One more trail to ride! And one less crazy to worry about. At least for a little while.

MTB skillz = NADA
    But in his bizarro world, we are the nuisance.
    Since I don't like writing, I don't have a blog to pimp. This space for rent.

Feeling a little taller
    Nice work! Do we know for sure it was Wackjob PhD?
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

mtbr member
    Great. We need a mugshot picture to post in various comment sections...
    我的镀铬光泽的冰柱一样,我骑在镇附近在我的低骑手自行车

Obi
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger
    Nice work! Do we know for sure it was Voldemort?
    FIxed Also, great news. Now will someone please find the actual record of his being charged as that is what people will need to refer to when joining in on any possible action or suit. Also, are they giving a cutoff of similar reports, like say the 3 year mark?

ie: Report# ..-..964

Charged/Cited # XXXXXXX.
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

It's about showing up.

This is awesome.

I've been reading he stuff for years and he is simply off kilter but sane enough to avoid getting nailed.

Until now.

I could cry for happy.

Great work, guys.

mtbr member
    From my report, he is currently not is custody, and is awaiting the hearing(s)...
    HANK & FRANK BICYCLES Lafayette
    Service Manager
    www.hankandfrankbicycles.com

Medium?
    Classic if true. I can't wait to see the arrest report and booking photo. Someone will need to contact the UCPD. This is a job for the press. Gregg? Francis?

Case #10-01964, Officer Garlick, "If you have a question about a particular case, you may call the UCPD business line at 510-642-6760 and make your request to Records who will then let you know if that information can be made public."

Uncle

I've got no "brandished weapon" claim

unfortunately, but he did start a tangle with my buddy way back when. I'll see if I can locate said buddy and give him the news. Maybe he'll jump on board.

To the OP: my buddy worked at your Oakland shop way back when: Dirty ___ I believe was his nickname. Any chance you talk to him much?
    Last edited by Entrenador; 05-25-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Official Profile
    Apr 2010
    please be true....

please be true....

please be true....

please be true....

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I love how it was Ian that got him, so fitting.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

There is a god!!!

Way to keep your head Ian. I don't know if I would have been able to keep from pounding that old nut. The twice my age defense would not have worked with me but my college days ended 2 1/2 decades ago.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Nice work on behalf of the PD (to finally pick this guy up) and the confronted/detained/mtbrs who were able to keep their cool and help pin this guy.

ballbuster

I'll have to....

... go find Officer Garlick and thank him personally.

It would be sweet if the OP can take him to small claims court and get MV to pay for the damage to his bike..... just for the record ... and the chuckle.

Man, I hope he gets charged for real, and somebody thinks to bring in all of the over-the-line abusive junk he has spewed mtbr's way, laughing at cyclists death... that sorta thing. Get it read into the public record.

I mean, I don't have an issue with somebody having crazy or stupid opinions. This is America after all. I do object to him acting in an abusive manner to folks.
    Last edited by pimpbot; 05-26-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Feeling a little taller
    nmnmnmnmnm

Quote Originally Posted by SJensen
    I love how it was Ian that got him, so fitting.
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

bicycle rider
    Quote Originally Posted by peletonnissen
    Several days ago, one of our customers came in to tell us this event that happened to him recently while riding bikes in Berkeley.

On Saturday May 15th, he was riding a trail behind the UC Berkeley campus, when he was stopped by a crazed hiker furnishing an ice pick. The crazed hiker attempted to slice the tire and potentially attack him. In attempt to defend himself, our customer raised a fist and was going to knock the deranged hiker out. The said hiker replied with, "you aren't going to hit a guy twice your age are you?", and the cyclist decided not to but replied with, "no, but I'm going to go contact the UC police". The cyclist headed down the hill and then reported to the UC police, the encounter he just had. Having no idea the name of the crazy hiker, he put in the report with the police and they seemed to know who this said hiker was.
    Several days later, the cyclist was called into the UC Berkeley police station to pick the hiker out of a line up. He picked out Mr. V right away, and after he left the line up room, ANOTHER cyclist came in to pick him out of the line up for yet another similar situation.
    Mr. V was apprehended and arrested, and is currently facing charges for several accounts of furnishing a weapon and false imprisonment. The police are urging anyone else who has had similar situations to please come forward and file a report. When the cyclist asked the policeman if he was going to site him for riding the trail, the policeman replied with "no, we are not enforcing the use of the trail, and by the way there is no official ruling about bicycles on that trail".

Here is a link to the UC police log for that day so you can revel in a victory for the Norcal mountain bike community!

http://police.berkeley.edu/bulletins/05152010Page2.htm
    Awesome!

Morgan

boing
    Jan 2010
    So will the date that this M. Voldemort cretin gets charged become a new bay area MTB holiday?
    Increase The Stoke!

jrm
    mtbr member

Thats great

i wonder if he knows about the "kill some one or become ones bltch" prison survival guide. Hopefully not..
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by FANATIK-J
    So will the date that this M. Voldemort cretin gets charged become a new bay area MTB holiday?
    I think we should celebrate Mike V day by shuttling Side O! (which is not an illegal trail and therefore is perfectly ok to discuss online, right. right??)
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Weird...they were handing out tickets at the bottom last fall.

mtnjam
    anybody have a photo of this kook so we know who to look out for?
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast