Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    I am applying. Wish me luck! (Yes, the selection process is mysterious, AFAIK.)

More pie please
    Quote Originally Posted by karld View Post
    Awesome!

///Charlie

p.s. Axe, btw, I wasn't meaning to single-out you, just used your post as a lead-in to this development.

middle ring single track
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline35 View Post
    Measure AA Oversight Committee | Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District

"The Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District is currently accepting applications from qualified individuals interested in serving on the Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee. The Oversight Committee is essential to implementing Measure AA and will consist of seven at-large members who reside within the District. The Committee is expected to convene at least once a year and take the time required to thoroughly review annual Measure AA expenditures and Midpen’s Annual Audit and Accountability report. Each year, the Committee’s findings will be presented to the Board at a public meeting and will be posted on the District’s website. Applications are due on Friday, December 11 at 5:00 p.m.

Midpen seeks individuals to serve on the Oversight Committee who are committed to transparency, accountability, and provide oversight for all Measure AA funds collected and expended. Members of the Oversight Committee MUST be residents living within Midpen’s jurisdiction, which includes the cities of Atherton, Cupertino, East Palo Alto, El Granada, Half Moon Bay, La Honda, Loma Mar, Los Gatos, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Menlo Park, Montara, Monte Sereno, Moss Beach, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Pescadero, Portola Valley, Redwood City, San Carlos, San Gregorio, Saratoga, Stanford, Sunnyvale, and Woodside.

The Committee is appointed by the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District’s Board of Directors pursuant to Measure AA to ensure accountability, transparency, and public oversight of all funds collected and allocated under Measure AA.

The Expenditure Plan approved as part of Measure AA defines the Committee’s roles and responsibilities as follows:

• Review Plan expenditures on an annual basis to verify conformity with the Expenditure Plan.
    • Review District’s Annual Audit and Annual Accountability report and present the Committee’s findings to the Board at a public meeting.
    • Review any proposed amendments to the Expenditure Plan.

The Committee does not oversee any other District financial information nor does it set policy or provide input or direction on projects, budgets, work plans, or financial matters pertaining to other District funds. All actions, including decision about selecting projects for funding, will be made by the Board in public meetings."
    The Oversight Committee has no teeth. The Board's gonna' do what the Board's gonna' do; the Oversight Committee will only provide evidence that there may have been some derision.

I applaud Karl in making the effort; I wouldn't have bothered reading the application if not for his involvement.

Like most things MidPen does I'm dubious of the outcome; I hope Karl gets appointed to prove me wrong.
    Content here does not officially represent the CA DPR.

Windows 10, destroying humanity one upgrade at a time.

mtbr member
    May 2009

Application is in!

My application is in. I received an automated reply that interviews will be scheduled in January. I hope they value MROSD multi-sport (hiking, cycling and I know some horse owners) users and Silicon Valley Marketing Managers over Accountants and people with prior board or oversight experience!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Anxiously (actually, I "just remembered") awaiting my being contacted for an interview...actually I have no idea if everybody gets called in, or only the preferred applicants.

My application is in. I received an automated reply that interviews will be scheduled in January. I hope they value MROSD multi-sport (hiking, cycling and I know some horse owners) users and Silicon Valley Marketing Managers over Accountants and people with prior board or oversight experience!

Yeti SB95c
    Jun 2004
    Does this mean that Midpen management or board selects those who can run for the board?
    MTB blog for intermediates: http://intermediatemtb.com. Trail analysis videos, bike and component reviews, other stuff.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    This is rigged just like all government boards - better know the right people to get on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345