Thread: Mendocino Trip

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Mendocino Trip

Hey everybody, I'll be making a trip to mendo in two weeks to stay with some family friends. I was curious of any good rides to check out. Also which bike to bring, I have a trek slash and a Kona kula 1x9. Any info would be appreciated, Thanks

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by mattjode View Post
    Hey everybody, I'll be making a trip to mendo in two weeks to stay with some family friends. I was curious of any good rides to check out. Also which bike to bring, I have a trek slash and a Kona kula 1x9. Any info would be appreciated, Thanks
    So many great trails there. Really. It's not that rocky, so you don't need a lot of suspension. The trails can be really tight and twisty, so really wide handlebars can be a problem.
    The best trails aren't marked (they are legal), so a guide is good. Check out Mendo Bike Sprite. Jesse is on mtbr and will probably chime in.

Have fun.
    我的镀铬光泽的冰柱一样,我骑在镇附近在我的低骑手自行车

sbd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    There are also organized rides Thurs and Sunday. Everyone is super cool and the trails are epic.

mtbr member

Mendocino Trip

Quote Originally Posted by GuruAtma View Post
    The best trails aren't marked (they are legal), so a guide is good. Check out Mendo Bike Sprite. Jesse is on mtbr and will probably chime in.

Have fun.
    Definitely contact Jesse at Mendo Bike Sprite. The trail network is vast and he'll make sure that the route you do is the bomb!

As far as bike choices, I'd say bring something with more gears. There's plenty of short but very steep climbs, and the more the day goes on, the more you'll want some gears IMHO.

You'll have a blast up there!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thanks for all the info, definitely looking forward to the trip

sbd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    It really is worth looking forward to...I need to go back myself. Make sure to hit Piacci's in FB afterwards for a GREAT pizza and micro

Proud lame eBiker
    I'll say it too....get in touch with mendobikesprite! Jesse and co. are awesome!!! And while you can pluck along looking for the goods, having someone show you around guarantees extra miles of smiles!
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.