mtbr member
    Sep 2004

"Meet your Maker" Tour Ride - Annadel Park 5/26

Anybody else doing this? Meet Your Maker Tour - Ride and hang out with Northern California's best bicycle frame builders and component makers I'm gonna ride my Rock Lobster hardtail I just got put together...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Meet your Maker" Tour Ride - Annadel Park 5/26-purple-lobster-001.jpg  

mtbr member
    looks like Annadel will be well used on that date

MBTB - Annadel - 05/26/2012

~~~
    Nice Lobster! That's a great shade of purple. Looks really good with the matching stem.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tburger View Post
    Nice Lobster! That's a great shade of purple. Looks really good with the matching stem.
    I was going to say the same thing. You don't see PURPLE like that very often these days. I like it.

I saw your bike in Dirt Rag tburger. Is that old news?

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by raleigh5 View Post
    looks like Annadel will be well used on that date

MBTB - Annadel - 05/26/2012
    Ruh-roh. I sent them an email...

~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. You don't see PURPLE like that very often these days. I like it.

I saw your bike in Dirt Rag tburger. Is that old news?
    Yeah! Couple of friends pointed it out to me. I'm gonna have to pick up a hard copy. Pretty cool

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tburger View Post
    Thanks, not sure what they call it. I used a powdercoater in Fair Oaks that did a nice job..little spendy but, I thought it turned out nice. The stem is a KORE stem I had in my misc. box that I just happened to find the day I took the frame in. The prior life of the frame was as a "VOS Racing" one with the Black/Red combo...

Snowjnky McDreamy
    Though I don't have a custom yet might show up with M. Ahrens.
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

Medium?
    Sean from Soulcraft and I exchanged email. Look for the starting location of the "Meet your Maker" ride to be moved. They were already considering moving it. Keep an eye on their site.

Cheers all. See you on the trails.

VRC Illuminati
    I really want to go to one of these. Might not make this particular one...but I hope they keep doing it!
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: Syncros 27.2 x 425 seatpost, 26.8 x 400 IRD seatpost

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy View Post
    Sean from Soulcraft and I exchanged email. Look for the starting location of the "Meet your Maker" ride to be moved. They were already considering moving it. Keep an eye on their site.

Cheers all. See you on the trails.
    Thanks for coordinating with Sean.

NedwannaB

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by mike5krnr View Post
    Anybody else doing this? Meet Your Maker Tour - Ride and hang out with Northern California's best bicycle frame builders and component makers I'm gonna ride my Rock Lobster hardtail I just got put together...
    Saw this bike up close. This really is the new purple! Mike we chatted rollin the flats on Canyon and Ipointed out Rough Go, Parktrail and Spring Creek trails begining of ride.

I was only able to get a few pre/post ride shots as once the ride started there wasn't much lag time in my group. Rollin out of Sycips shop on the Westside near RR Square, then thru downtown Santa Rosa, brought back memories of the "prolog" pace that was "suppose" to have been during the Annadel Race of last year!

Great ride and grub festivities ensued back at the shop after with some of the proceeds going towards Annadel.

Big thanks to Jeremy of Sycip for hosting the event at his shop, locals Sean of Soulcraft and Curtis of Retrotec, as well as John of Caletti Cycles in Santa Cruz and other fine frame building artisans I wasn't able to meet first hand.

Looking forward to their next event.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Meet your Maker" Tour Ride - Annadel Park 5/26-mym-pre-ride-shop.jpg  

"Meet your Maker" Tour Ride - Annadel Park 5/26-mym-outside-shop-small.jpg  

Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Yep, I remember you. Thanks for the tips on the different trails in the park. I fell back in the group after we chatted, then crashed, then had a mechanical issue that caused me to limp back into town with a great group. All in all, I enjoyed myself and had a great time chatting with everyone there. The bike builders were awesome, all great to talk to. I'll post some pics later I took.

NedwannaB
    Great! Post them up!

Btw, the guy from up your way in Nevada City I was mentioning posts as "merlin" on here and helps put on the Big Brothers and Big Sisters endurance ride that went on a couple weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Here are some of my pics..Can't wait for the next ride...I heard it will be in July.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Meet your Maker" Tour Ride - Annadel Park 5/26-meet-your-maker-ride-001.jpg  

"Meet your Maker" Tour Ride - Annadel Park 5/26-meet-your-maker-ride-002.jpg  

"Meet your Maker" Tour Ride - Annadel Park 5/26-meet-your-maker-ride-003.jpg  

"Meet your Maker" Tour Ride - Annadel Park 5/26-meet-your-maker-ride-007.jpg  

"Meet your Maker" Tour Ride - Annadel Park 5/26-meet-your-maker-ride-009.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    A few more pics... Good company, food and beer!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Meet your Maker" Tour Ride - Annadel Park 5/26-meet-your-maker-ride-005.jpg  

"Meet your Maker" Tour Ride - Annadel Park 5/26-meet-your-maker-ride-004.jpg  

"Meet your Maker" Tour Ride - Annadel Park 5/26-meet-your-maker-ride-006.jpg  

"Meet your Maker" Tour Ride - Annadel Park 5/26-meet-your-maker-ride-008.jpg  

"Meet your Maker" Tour Ride - Annadel Park 5/26-meet-your-maker-ride-013.jpg  

mtbr member
    Bummed I missed this

Team Chilidog!
    Everyone who passed us on the MBTB ride was awesome, especially the person who was nice enough to sacrifice a 26" tube for my husband who had destroyed his second one

NedwannaB

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Everyone who passed us on the MBTB ride was awesome, especially the person who was nice enough to sacrifice a 26" tube for my husband who had destroyed his second one
    What about the gentleman who let you take a spin on his 'Lil Bastard?

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    What about the gentleman who let you take a spin on his 'Lil Bastard?
    Wait.. that was you?! Cool.. Thank you I should have taken it up and down Marsh for a bit to get a feel of how it really handled, but it definitely made me feel comfy on something bigger than 26" wheels.

I should've introduced myself, but I was getting a lot of "You look familiar.. do I know you?" from a lot of people that I was a bit overclocked.

Uncle
    This thread is chock full of awesome sauce. Wish I had a custom frame; wish I were riding it there with the maker.
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

mtbr member
    Here's a few from the ride. Will hopefully have some video posted soon.

Ride start

Ride start

Post ride

Post ride

Post ride pile 'o bikes

Post ride bikes, beer, and paella

Oh, and a little story. See the bikes all piled up outside? That was were the food was served and had plenty of folks hanging around. Well the 'refreshments' were served around the corner, out of sight, in the shop. Of course that's where folks starting gathering after the food was gone. At some point I walked outside and back over to where the bikes were parked and what did I see? Not . One . Person ! ! ! All those bikes just sitting there by themselves

And then a second later two SR tweekers come down the sidewalk, one walking and the other on a beat up bike. They stop and take a big look at the pile and then at me. "Selling stuff"? they ask. "Nope! Private party" I say. "Well, I'm looking for a part for my bike and maybe you have one"? the one guys asks. "No parts here", sorry.

They they take another good look and amble down the sidewalk. I wait until they are clear and nobody else is heading for "a look" and then sprint back to the shop to alert the crowd. Oh, and I quickly pop back out to keep an eye on things. And guess who decides to make another pass by the bikes? Yup, our tweeker friends come back for another "look".

Luckily the stable was saved.
    My Cycling Videos: Vimeo | YouTube | My Website