mtbr member

McLaren bike park SF progress!

Surprised that I haven't seen this mentioned, but a few months ago there was progress in the form of construction and bid documents for first stage. Looks yummy.

https://mclarenbikepark.com/2016/09/...ts-out-to-bid/

Still wrapping my head around the six circular mounds in the pump track, what line gets you into the north wall ride.

Full document:
    https://mclarenbikepark.files.wordpr...-2016-0831.pdf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McLaren bike park SF progress!-mbp_constplan_biddocs.jpg  

Hella Olde
    I've only got about a decade left to ride, but I admire the perseverance of this team trying to get this done (since at least 2010).

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    ive been following progress of this park via facebook and it looks like
    opening day is right around the corner. sure glad to have a bike park built right in my backyard
    im stoke

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    I should've taken a couple pictures when I went by there Thursday. We also have been following it via the Fb page plus we have family right over off of Geneva, so at some point we're gonna be playing there.

GREAT WORK!! I LOVE IT! [pic via their Fb page.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McLaren bike park SF progress!-21318936_10155611476158764_2971108484625328926_o.jpg  

mtbr member
    Couldn't help and stopped there yesterday, looks like opening can be in the next month at most.
    Interesting layout, more of a dirt skate park than a typical DJ/Pump track.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Woah! #PumpTrack on steroids much? I actually like it. I'll try to swoop over there tomorrow and grab some photos!

Hella Olde
    Awesome work! I'm still alive and can ride!! Looking forward to checking it out and helping however I can (trash, etc.) Bruce Mclaren would be proud.

A Gentleman and a MTBR'
    Mar 2007
    Stoked to ride this!

Hella Olde
    I was looking at the 'Donor Plaque' PDF and Greg F'n Minnaar is a Gold-level donor!

https://mclarenbikepark.files.wordpr...plaque_111.pdf

Professional Troll
    I biked over there this weekend. I can't really tell for sure, but it didn't look like there was anything resembling a jump. Are they really doing just a giant pump track?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    that's what's i thought too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05 View Post
    I biked over there this weekend. I can't really tell for sure, but it didn't look like there was anything resembling a jump. Are they really doing just a giant pump track?
    I am guessing more like a skate park with pools made of dirt. The original plan (you can see in the first post) has traditional dirt jumps (tabletops) inside the current construction area, so hopefully they will be there.

I wonder about the pump track that surrounds it, the rollers look very shallow compared to your average pump track. You can probably pump them in super high speed. My guess is that it's for getting some speed to drop into the bowls, not a true pump track per say. But we will only know when it's open.

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozCountry View Post
    I am guessing more like a skate park with pools made of dirt. The original plan (you can see in the first post) has traditional dirt jumps (tabletops) inside the current construction area, so hopefully they will be there.

I wonder about the pump track that surrounds it, the rollers look very shallow compared to your average pump track. You can probably pump them in super high speed. My guess is that it's for getting some speed to drop into the bowls, not a true pump track per say. But we will only know when it's open.
    Yeah that's kind of what I was hoping from what I saw. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought the rollers looked a little shallow. Hard to tell though. The lack of real turns is interesting. It's like swinging the pendulum the opposite direction from my usual complaints about bike parks pump tracks.