mtbr member
    Sep 2012

MCBC Mt. Tam Dirt Fondo carpool? (East Bay)

Excited to be signed up for this ride this upcoming Sunday (Sept 9). Wanted to post to see if anyone else in my neck of the woods was driving up that I could carpool with or I can even drive. I have a large truck that can carry 4 bikes - 4 passengers. Hate to drive my tank up solo...leaving from Union City area

TIA

kj

metrotuned WoS
    Can you ride with on the day of without registration?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    shooting from the hip here but im guessing the trails are public and as long as you did not use any of the supported rides provided resources you should be good although frowned upon by some as "poaching" a ride

metrotuned WoS
    How was this "epic?" Riders will start in the Marin Headlands at the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, just north of the Golden Gate Bridge. The challenging 45-mile route takes mountain bikers on a journey that climbs and descends a number of ridges before the ascent to the top of Mt. Tamalpais. After a stop to take in the amazing view, riders will continue on a loop around the mountain and then head back to the Marin Headlands for a BBQ feast.
    Mountain bike pioneers Joe Breeze, Gary Fisher and Otis Guy have RSVPd for the epic 45-mile ride with 7,000 feet of elevation gain! Participants are offered turn-back options at the 5, 10 and 16 mile marks, creating loops of 10, 20 and 32 miles with most of the day to complete the ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    gawd

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    need 10 post

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    to share pics

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    fantastic - weather was absolutely gorgeous, support was awesome and the Lagunitas IPA and BBQ at the finish was...well

only complaint i did have was the trail was not marked as well as I would have liked - went off route 5ish times but honestly i did not care too much it just meant more riding

meant lots of nice folks during and after the ride - great time had by all! Hope to see this ride on the calender next year

coupla pics from my crappy blackberry

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Looks amazing

metrotuned WoS
    Awesome!!! Those pix were taken near the end of the day yes?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    This ride was awesome, challenging fun! Heaps of climbing but the views were well worth it on such an amazing day! Riding my singlespeed was not my smartest move but I powered through and rode the whole course!
    I agree the course could have been better marked and maybe some chairs or tables at the end would have been nice, be overall I had a great time and imagine this ride will only get better.
    Definitely count me in for next year!

metrotuned WoS

Tam

Rode Tam summit for the first time on Patriot Day. Great route. I'm still feeling Diablo more, even China Camp. 5,800+ ft. from downtown SF.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MCBC Mt. Tam Dirt Fondo carpool?  (East Bay)-wos-mt-tam-done-did-.jpg