just another bleepin SSer

Marin Headlands Rodeo Valley Trail PSA

The Rodeo Valley Trail in Marin headlands has been closed early. All the areas marked in yellow on the map (which are listed on the map as closing mid-September) are now closed.

Map: http://www.parksconservancy.org/asse...ap_p1_2011.pdf

The section marked in red may be open now, but that stretch has traditionally been closed to bikes (so unless they changed that, the trail being opened isn't that useful for us).

The left-most yellow - a bridge between Miwok Trail and the road - is now closed permanently. They removed the bridge today and are not replacing it.

Only way to Miwok or Bobcat is to enter at the far left by Building T1111.
    --
    Getting old, fat, and slow...
    Business: www.calkayakermag.com
    Personal: www.singlespeed.org
    自転車が好きだよ

It appears that the Rodeo Valley trail may be opened. I was hiking there, and passed the Rodeo Valley trail entrance on Bobcat yesterday and looked like it was going through now. if I was on bike, I would have checked it out, but would have taken more time than I had to try to do it on foot. But seems the major work may be done.

The narrow bridge to Rodeo Valley Trail when you cross Bunker Rd from the old rifle range appears to be closed still. But the bridge across from the stables appears to be open.
    --
    自転車が好きだよ

mtbr member
    Thanks for the 411.

I rode the Headlands two weeks and all entrances to Rodeo Valley were closed.

I didn't bother inspecting them last week, but I will take a look next time I go out.

mtbr member
    I rode it yesterday. The splitter going to Miwok or Bobcat is no longer there. The left turn is now stairs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Based on your map, looks like they have made a reroute of Valley Trail? I saw the flags, so was expecting this. How is the new trail?
    --
    自転車が好きだよ

mtbr member
    It's like a freeway now, you could probably ride 4-across without any problems and the new alignment has taken that bit of dip out of the trail. At the time I was on the new alignment, I saw the old one and was thinking what's that trail going to...

mtbr member
    update:
    On my way out I checked Valley Trail which appears to be open to bikes (I can't see why not since it is like a freeway now). There aren't any no bikes signs at either end. At least it's nicer than riding the road to the new trail entrance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marin Headlands Rodeo Valley Trail PSA-trail.jpg  

mtbr member
    The new bridge is nice...overbuilt maybe...

George