mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Lost: Cell phone, Toro Park Monterey

Hey yall

Just posting on the off chance one of you found my cell phone up there, it rattled its way out of my poorly closed hydration pack and hit the trail somewhere between the paved road and terminal velocity near the top of pipeline. I noticed it was missing when I pulled some kneepads out for pipeline, hiked back up to 1800 looking for it but didn't see it. If anyone's found a lg optimus v on virgin mobile I'd happily pay for shipping and a beer for you. It ain't worth much but had some good photos on it.

Thanks for your time
    9 out of 10 doctors surveyed said, "Who is this, and why are you calling so late!?"

orthonormal
    Sorry to hear about that. I hope you enjoyed pipeline, though. Pretty sweet trail, eh?
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

PRETENDURO
    Bummer dude! I lost mine about 5 miles into the Cat2 XC race on Sunday at Sea Otter. Luckily, a keen-eyed Cal Fire or paramedic dude named Curtis (or Curtiss) found it, and figured out to call my wifeís cellphone. We hooked up later on in the day and I got it back. Must be the good karma from the two times Iíve found cellphones and turned them into the carrier.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Yeah, andy, it was worth it! Traction was at a premium though, I scraped my bars on the ground on one of those turns (yikes!) Will definitely be more fun knowing what's coming, and maybe with some nice tacky dirt!

Glad to hear your story, Leo, I'm hopeful mine will turn up. I've only found & returned one phone but hopefully that's enough karma for me!

Nick
    9 out of 10 doctors surveyed said, "Who is this, and why are you calling so late!?"

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I just rode it yesterday. No phone in sight. Then again dropping that part of the hill and going 45-50mph isnt exactly "look for stuff speed" but today when I am there, I will look for it..

As for pipeline.. What pipeline.? This trail you speak of is only myth, not actually, really a real trail, becuase there are no trails in Toro Park.!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Haha, yeah man that part is crazy fast - if it fell there it could have ended up way off the trail. Thanks for looking out amigo!

Nick

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I would be willing to bet that the hikers in Toro find all kinds of crazy stuff.. Gives me the idea we should have a lost and found box down by the gate somewhere. I have definitely lost things along the trail there, and would probably be kind of nice to have something for the people that ride there to use for that purpose...

mtbr member
    Pipeline is the worst trail I've never been on that doesn't exist. TWM...how'd your bike situation ever play out. Sounds like your back on two wheels...motion.
    I'm not sure how this works.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Toro sucks, Fort Ord much better.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Yes. Toro totally sucks. Nobody should ever ride there. Ever-